hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Matt Macey

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You think he would have got booked twice for the same incident? Behave
    Absolutely. He was already being booked for the foul and the ref was letting them take it quickly, if Boyle stops that I’ve no doubt he’d have been sent off. Ref ended up a right tosser.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Absolutely. He was already being booked for the foul and the ref was letting them take it quickly, if Boyle stops that I’ve no doubt he’d have been sent off. Ref ended up a right tosser.
    I've seen opponents do that to us countless times and can't remember a single example where they have been booked twice and sent off for the same incident.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Two points from me on this post - first is Bingo doesn’t have to be a coach to have an opinion on it.

Second - i spoke to a goalkeeper coach (who makes his moving from it) and they didn’t put any blame on Macey for either goal.
    Yet interestingly Richard Lee, UEFA B License holder and ex Pro goalkeeper, did suggest a degree of blame in his podcast.

I think that just proves that even among the more informed/qualified opinion can be split. If every fan only commented on that which they were fully qualified to talk about people's interest in football would disappear pretty quickly.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Well in that case you’re clueless.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    He should have anticipated that.

I still think Rocky is the better keeper and if fit should be our keeper.
    He put the wall there to stop the need to dive. If Dylan stayed where he was, that goal doesn't happen

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Yet interestingly Richard Lee, UEFA B License holder and ex Pro goalkeeper, did suggest a degree of blame in his podcast.

I think that just proves that even among the more informed/qualified opinion can be split. If every fan only commented on that which they were fully qualified to talk about people's interest in football would disappear pretty quickly.
    Out of interest, what were his observations on the keepers role in both goals?

For me he was out of position for the first, too close to his near post.

For the second I thought he could have taken the cross and that he was flat footed when the header came in.

Of course we can also mention giving the ball away, defenders not challenging, marking, stopping* crosses etc.