hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C_hendo04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was reading a couple of Aston Villa and West Ham fan pages posts and they say that Moyes is apparently willing to spend £40million to sign him this summer. If my calculations are correct we should receive £6million from Aston Villa and then we would have to give away £2million to St Mirren due to their sell on clause which means we would have £4million to play with in the summer.
    I have gone through the Villa and WH forums and cannot find this mentioned anywhere. I may have missed some forums, but looking at the main ones, Villa Talk, KUMB, WHonline.net etc there is absolutely nothing along this line. There is a lot of fans unimpressed by SJM at Villa at the moment and I have not seen one post in regards to SJM on a West Ham forum. Which fans pages were you looking at?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I hope he doesn’t go to West Ham
    I don't particularly want him to leave Aston Villa for West Ham either, I love watching him and Grealish in the same team.

However I would settle for him going to West Ham in an instant if it meant us getting £4 million in to our club, or to any other team for that matter.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    I have gone through the Villa and WH forums and cannot find this mentioned anywhere. I may have missed some forums, but looking at the main ones, Villa Talk, KUMB, WHonline.net etc there is absolutely nothing along this line. There is a lot of fans unimpressed by SJM at Villa at the moment and I have not seen one post in regards to SJM on a West Ham forum. Which fans pages were you looking at?
    I seen it but can't remember what it was on.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Champions League football would be a step up irrespective of size of club etc.
    The Rangers? 😳
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

There is some mention of it, but it was quickly dismissed.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I wonder what kind of fan would be unimpressed with John McGinn. I read an article that suggests that the shine gets taken off him because Grealish does the things that get them off their seats. In terms of putting in the hard work though there can't be anyone better?

He has missed one game all season for them and that was through suspension - obviously an important cog in that Villa team. I hope he gets a big move and these Villains will quickly realise what they've lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I wonder what kind of fan would be unimpressed with John McGinn. I read an article that suggests that the shine gets taken off him because Grealish does the things that get them off their seats. In terms of putting in the hard work though there can't be anyone better?

He has missed one game all season for them and that was through suspension - obviously an important cog in that Villa team. I hope he gets a big move and these Villains will quickly realise what they've lost.
    I read someone saying that he dives!

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    SJM should be a stick on for Man Utd! Absolute fit.

How old is John 26??
    Hibs would need him to move on within the next 12 months.
    Any big money moves won’t be in the£40m + category as there would be limited sell on value for players who then would be in their 30s

To be fair, although he does seem to have taken a bit of criticism this season, most of their fans are still very much on his side and a lot are complaining about him having to play the defensive role.

As you say- Dean Smith is still a huge fan, which is all that's important.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Where is the £2M (potential) to St Mirren coming from? As far as I’m aware, they were settled up when SJM moved to Villa. I can’t see them having inserted another move on clause type payment after that.
    Its how Scottish clubs can extract max value for developing talent when the carpet baggers from the south come calling. They now insert sell on clauses that are enforceable over a players career up to a certain age unless bought out by the player. Not sure of the exact legal term but it works a bit like intellectual property rights. Something to thank Rodders for.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    I'm a West Ham man and there's definitely substance to it, Moyes has always been an admirer. I would suspect it depends what happens re Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    I'm a West Ham man and there's definitely substance to it, Moyes has always been an admirer. I would suspect it depends what happens re Europe.
    and/or if Rice is sold?

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    and/or if Rice is sold?
    I think unfortunately that Rice will be away, have a feeling that Man United may try to involve him in a deal with Lingard, and would imagine other clubs will be in for him too. I suppose it will all depend on where West Ham finish in the league, if could secure a CL spot I could see him wanting to have a crack at that. But in answer to your question, I think Moyes will be in for McGinn either way.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I don't particularly want him to leave Aston Villa for West Ham either, I love watching him and Grealish in the same team.

However I would settle for him going to West Ham in an instant if it meant us getting £4 million in to our club, or to any other team for that matter.
    Agreed. I love SJM but Hibs are my priority and £4m is crazy money for us. Imagine getting our cut of his transfer fee and group stage European football next season. That could genuinely transform the club.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Agreed. I love SJM but Hibs are my priority and £4m is crazy money for us. Imagine getting our cut of his transfer fee and group stage European football next season. That could genuinely transform the club.
    We're not used to that kind of money. I'd hope that Ron would call Dr Mrs Budge for advice how to spend it.

Don't know about forums but there is definitely some chat about it.

https://www.hammers.news/transfer-ne...r-john-mcginn/

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    To be fair, although he does seem to have taken a bit of criticism this season, most of their fans are still very much on his side and a lot are complaining about him having to play the defensive role.

As you say- Dean Smith is still a huge fan, which is all that's important.
    They might be looking at 9 goals in 14 games for Scotland and thinking he should be played further forward.

You'd expect Moyes to have been watching all the Scotland matches so that may be what makes him decide to make a move.
    Last edited by 007; 16-04-2021 at 11:56 AM.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Imagine we’re in a position in the summer with £4m from SJM & £3.5m for nisbet. Transforming amounts of money

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Imagine we’re in a position in the summer with £4m from SJM & £3.5m for nisbet. Transforming amounts of money
    We should use it to invest in pub chains throughout the southwest of England

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    I think unfortunately that Rice will be away, have a feeling that Man United may try to involve him in a deal with Lingard, and would imagine other clubs will be in for him too. I suppose it will all depend on where West Ham finish in the league, if could secure a CL spot I could see him wanting to have a crack at that. But in answer to your question, I think Moyes will be in for McGinn either way.
    West Ham could play a blinder. Sell Rice for crazy money with the English premium, say £60m/£70m and sign McGinn for say £40m. Money in the bank and probably comparable quality in terms of swapping McGinn for Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

If West Ham are genuinely interested and start negotiations then we should hope it pricks the ears of clubs with deeper pockets and there's a bit of pressure on the fee, could easily add another £1m on what we'd get.
    I'm hoping he's off this season as it would perfectly set us to grow the squad and keep in the top 4 at a time when Euro opportunities are getting more lucrative too.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Don't know about forums but there is definitely some chat about it.

https://www.hammers.news/transfer-ne...r-john-mcginn/
    Cheers 007, I was looking on forum post rather than news articles which is probably why I couldn't see anything.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I was surprised to see the negativity towards SJM on the Villa forum, but that does seem to be very recent and over the almost 300 pages on him most are complimentary rather than negative. He is being played too deep by Dean Smith though. I think a move would do him good and that in turn will do us some good too.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Brilliant idea! With the pubs re-opening down south what can possibly go wrong?

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Not bad for some huh! Two future clauses.
    I think it’s a standard development fee.

The club that put the early graft should get the reward.

Right, where’s our next batch of kids. Golden Generation Mk2?

J

Then maybe Ann Budge could "save" us when it went Pete Tong

If Declan Rice was to leave then I wouldn’t be surprised to see West Ham try and sign McGinn. I can’t see either of those things happening this summer though.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    We're not used to that kind of money. I'd hope that Ron would call Dr Mrs Budge for advice how to spend it.
    Don’t you mean how to embezzle it?

Ron would 100% trouser every penny of it. Jambos told me so.