hibs.net Messageboard

Page 66 of 423 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 12675
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My reading of the Stevie Mallan situation is that he has said either play me or let me go out on loan so that I can play, Jack Ross has said that he didn't want him to go, anyway SM is back now and he still has a year left on his contract, personally I hope that he is in JR's plans, i recon he will be a better player for having regular game time and I've always thought that SM offers something different which is what we need IMO in the middle of the park.
    He'll be used as makeweight for a signing I reckon.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I agree with that. Young players are most often bought on potential and RP has bags of that. He is very strong and physical for a young centre half, really confident and can also play football on the deck and see a pass. He is very young for a centre half and I think there will be clubs who are willing to take time to knock the rough edges off and if Ryan improves his decision making, which will happen with game time and experience, he will be a very good player. Not sure he will be EPL but he will end up in England at a good level
    Porteous has got bags of potential and all the right attributes to get a move to the English Championship , tall ,strong and physical with a bit of nastiness as well with some of his tackles.
    Another one who's head was turned when he got the Scotland call up , a club down South will take a chance on him and with a bit of coaching and playing beside an experienced centre half they will get the best out of him.

Barrie McKay and Declan John have both been released by Swansea

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    SM has just had a successful 4 months in Turkey where by all accounts he has done well, if he is told he's back as a makeweight for a new signing my fear is that he will return to Turkey and continue to do well, I hope he has a good pre-season, gets a shot at the first team and we take it from there. I think he will have really benefitted from regular game time and be ready to show what he can do.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    SM has just had a successful 4 months in Turkey where by all accounts he has done well, if he is told he's back as a makeweight for a new signing my fear is that he will return to Turkey and continue to do well, I hope he has a good pre-season, gets a shot at the first team and we take it from there. I think he will have really benefitted from regular game time and be ready to show what he can do.
    The thing is he’s had plenty chances now to show what he can do, ample in fact. Anytime he’s had a run of games in the team he’s been dropped back to the bench. I wouldn’t be against trying him in behind the strikers but I don’t reckon he’s going to get anymore time.

The Turkish team had an option to buy at the end of the loan but not seen anything about them taking up that option.
    Last edited by Stuart93; 04-06-2021 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    The thing is he’s had plenty chances now to show what he can do, ample in fact. Anytime he’s had a run of games in the team he’s been dropped back to the bench. I wouldn’t be against trying him in behind the strikers but I don’t reckon he’s going to get anymore time.
    Might make a huge difference for Stevie playing in a midfield including Gogic and Irvine - (please). He has a different skillset to those two industrious ball winners and players like Stevie and Scott Allan can often thrive when playing alongside/off excellent big guy ball-winners.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    Might make a huge difference for Stevie playing in a midfield including Gogic and Irvine - (please). He has a different skillset to those two industrious ball winners and players like Stevie and Scott Allan can often thrive when playing alongside/off excellent big guy ball-winners.
    Aye as I said I wouldn’t be against giving him another chance in his preferred position behind the strikers but I’m not sure I can see it happening. Reckon he’ll be moved on this summer.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    You'd have to be daft to be expecting a signing when there has been no rumours. Good news to have more investment, well done Hibs.
    Yep nothing but good news. Obviously an issue for some that clearly hate Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Aye as I said I wouldn’t be against giving him another chance in his preferred position behind the strikers but I’m not sure I can see it happening. Reckon he’ll be moved on this summer.
    Certainly every chance that might happen. If he does show enough to Jack Ross that he can become a consistent key player then he of course deserves a fresh second chance start. If not hope he does well elsewhere.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yep nothing but good news. Obviously an issue for some that clearly hate Hibs
    It isn’t nothing but good news though, is it? This was early bird deadline day, and whether you agree with them or not, some people will be put off renewing due to this type of stuff. “We’re a football club” and other such stuff will be prevalent.

People have debated on here what constitutes “big matches”. Rightly so I’d like people to tell me what constitutes a “big announcement”, one worthy of a cliffhanger. I wouldn’t expect a tweet telling me of a future tweet telling me of hot water in the loos. I wasn’t expecting a teaser tweet about that today either.

Sometimes it feels like we shoot ourselves in the foot while trying to build momentum. I expect ST sales will be slower now anyway but don’t underestimate impact of silly teaser tweets like this, we are still unsure whether we will be in grounds yet and club are asking fans for renewals. Recent tweets added to this suggests there is trolling going on.

Should we do teaser tweets for everything or just the “big” things? I’d have thought intrinsic football news, such as player signings or contract renewals would be teaser material for a football club.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    It isn’t nothing but good news though, is it? This was early bird deadline day, and whether you agree with them or not, some people will be put off renewing due to this type of stuff. “We’re a football club” and other such stuff will be prevalent.

People have debated on here what constitutes “big matches”. Rightly so I’d like people to tell me what constitutes a “big announcement”, one worthy of a cliffhanger. I wouldn’t expect a tweet telling me of a future tweet telling me of hot water in the loos. I wasn’t expecting a teaser tweet about that today either.

Sometimes it feels like we shoot ourselves in the foot while trying to build momentum. I expect ST sales will be slower now anyway but don’t underestimate impact of silly teaser tweets like this, we are still unsure whether we will be in grounds yet and club are asking fans for renewals. Recent tweets added to this suggests there is trolling going on.

Should we do teaser tweets for everything or just the “big” things? I’d have thought intrinsic football news, such as player signings or contract renewals would be teaser material for a football club.
    People will be put of renewing their season ticket today because of how we engaged with fans on twitter regarding a new front of shirt sponsor and investment?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    People will be put of renewing their season ticket today because of how we engaged with fans on twitter regarding a new front of shirt sponsor and investment?
    Fairly simply concept really.

COVID is still around so may not be in grounds again.
    Season ticket costs approx £400 for single adult.
    Hibs lost cup final to St Johnstone.
    HibsTV with Tanner hasn’t gone down well at all.
    Social media engagement has been poor for last few months, not just single tweet.

I’d be surprised if anybody decided in either direction based on a single tweet. If you’ve had a bad day, hated HibsTV with Tanner, still annoyed at the St Johnstone loss and then heard about this sponsor tweet 2nd hand, I can quite quickly see why you may not renew during COVID times. It’s cumulative, it might not be this one but may be next one.

I mean, what engagement in the last 18 months have fans got from the club other than what you describe? Tweets, website articles and HibsTV with Tanner. COVID makes these engagements more important. Getting them right especially on ST renewal cycle and on early bird deadline day is important.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Can you imagine.

@hibs.net private member
    Fairly simply concept really.

COVID is still around so may not be in grounds again.
    Season ticket costs approx £400 for single adult.
    Hibs lost cup final to St Johnstone.
    HibsTV with Tanner hasn’t gone down well at all.
    Social media engagement has been poor for last few months, not just single tweet.

I’d be surprised if anybody decided in either direction based on a single tweet. If you’ve had a bad day, hated HibsTV with Tanner, still annoyed at the St Johnstone loss and then heard about this sponsor tweet 2nd hand, I can quite quickly see why you may not renew during COVID times. It’s cumulative, it might not be this one but may be next one.

I mean, what engagement in the last 18 months have fans got from the club other than what you describe? Tweets, website articles and HibsTV with Tanner. COVID makes these engagements more important. Getting them right especially on ST renewal cycle and on early bird deadline day is important.
    Honestly, there is nothing in that that will make someone renew or not renew……

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What do people gain from being outraged at good, positive Hibs news (and tweets). I can't get my head round it.

Spoke with my son about it after news of the announcement and we both agreed unlikely to be a signing more likely new kit or sponsor. Didn't really ruin my day to be honest and if people don't buy a season ticket on the back of this very bizarre behaviour imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    What do people gain from being outraged at good, positive Hibs news (and tweets). I can't get my head round it.
    Indeed very strange

Quote Originally Posted by C_hendo04 View Post
    Barrie McKay and Declan John have both been released by Swansea
    Would take both of them, but suspect they will have bigger clubs after them

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Honestly think some people, triggered by social media, must spend their time looking for things to disagree with or be outraged about….what a waste of time in people’s lives…imagine when they are older, will any of them be happy they spent their energy on nonsense like that ??

Mallan won't be here next season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Mallan won't be here next season.
    He needs to move on.Ross has decided he isn’t a regular starter….may as well try to replace him with someone who could be

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Would take both of them, but suspect they will have bigger clubs after them
    Both not really figured for Swansea this season, John was on loan at Bolton and McKay at Fleetwood.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Some people just look for any angle to be angry and tell the world how angry they are. Very odd.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Some people just look for any angle to be angry and tell the world how angry they are. Very odd.
    What's the point of a post like that? I come on the thread to read about possible transfer news and all I get is you moaning. Makes my blood boil.

First Team Breakthrough
    Have always rated Stevie Mallan,but felt it was managerial speak from JR to cover all his bases when he said he didn’t want him to go out on loan.

Not sure JR knows what to do to get the best out of Mallan and on that basis think Mallans time has come and gone at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    Have always rated Stevie Mallan,but felt it was managerial speak from JR to cover all his bases when he said he didn’t want him to go out on loan.

Not sure JR knows what to do to get the best out of Mallan and on that basis think Mallans time has come and gone at ER.
    You just know if Mallan goes to another Scottish club he will end up scoring against us.

Personally would keep him as a squad player but not sure he would want that.

Goals / assist from midfield are an issue though so if he leaves we need to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post

Best football of Mallans career was under Jack ross. He just isn't good enough for this level.

I can't see Mallan being here next season simply because of the number of midfielders that we have who would be ahead of him.

Gogic, Newell, Magennis, Allan, and Hallberg all play centrally, Cadden can fill in there and Murphy can play in the 10 role. We've also made an offer to Irvine.

Mallan doesn't have the pace, skillset or stamina to play wide where we have Boyle, Murphy, Cadden, Mackay, Bradley and Wright.

Moving on makes sense for Mallan because he won't get much playing time and makes sense for us because he'll be on too high a wage for someone who gets the occasional substitute appearance.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I can't see Mallan being here next season simply because of the number of midfielders that we have who would be ahead of him.

Gogic, Newell, Magennis, Allan, and Hallberg all play centrally, Cadden can fill in there and Murphy can play in the 10 role. We've also made an offer to Irvine.

Mallan doesn't have the pace, skillset or stamina to play wide where we have Boyle, Murphy, Cadden, Mackay, Bradley and Wright.

Moving on makes sense for Mallan because he won't get much playing time and makes sense for us because he'll be on too high a wage for someone who gets the occasional substitute appearance.
    Will be pretty surprised if Hallberg doesn’t move on. Seems he wasn’t happy being dropped for the final. Hence the leaks in media during the cup final build up.

Magennis / Allan / Murphy / Wright and Mallan all need to contribute more. That’s 5 players on paper should be doing well regularly but haven’t done anywhere near enough for various reasons.

Boyle / Gogic and possibly Newel were our most consistent performers in midfield but we need to improve this area with quality and depth / consistency plus the left wing area which I assume Mackay will be an option - though young and you would expect him to maybe be used in rotation with Murphy.