Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn’t really give any thoughts on his future career though
    That it may not be at ER even although he has 2 years left on his contract

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    That it may not be at ER even although he has 2 years left on his contract
    I’d imagine that’s a bit of a no brainer mate he’s no going to sit and not play for another 2 years which would mean he’s not kicked a ball for nearly 4 years at that point as a professional footballer. Sentiment aside he needs to move on for game time if JR isn’t going to give him that

I’d imagine that’s a bit of a no brainer mate he’s no going to sit and not play for another 2 years which would mean he’s not kicked a ball for nearly 4 years at that point as a professional footballer. Sentiment aside he needs to move on for game time if JR isn’t going to give him that
    Have always thought he was too young to get the type of contract he did. Talk of all coaching and whatever else was always a bit disrespectful IMO. Shouldn’t have been a consideration at his age for me and I actually find it a bit sad that I almost forget he’s part of our squad. If he’s fit and wants to play I hope he can go and do that.

Quote Originally Posted by C_hendo04 View Post
    Well with McNamara now playing regularly for Millwall now and after Stephen O’Donnell having signed a new contract with Motherwell, I was wondering what’s everyone’s opinion on Hakeem Odoffin from Hamilton as a potential signing
    Odoffin signed a new contract with Hamilton about 6 weeks ago.
    He has had a great season.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    An interesting article on SDG and his thoughts on his future career

https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2021/...mpression=true
    In the article SDG says he is not happy to sit and not play yet that is exactly what he has been doing for the last 2 years

Says he likes singing his song during matches to the tune of "Rio" by Duran Duran
    "My name is David and I watch from the stand,
    Every month, I hoover up ten grand"
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 18-04-2021 at 12:15 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Doesn’t really give any thoughts on his future career though
    I’d be surprised on the back of that if he’s with us next season now, I’d imagine after a full pre season Cadden will take the RB/RWB slot Mcginn will take the bench spot an offer cover at RB and CH, push gray out the picture completely

He’s heading up the youth coaching element that a lot of the first team players are getting involved with.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    In the article SDG says he is not happy to sit and not play yet that is exactly what he has been doing for the last 2 years

Says he likes singing his song during matches to the tune of "Rio" by Duran Duran

That's a bit ott re Gray and also a bit disrespectful towards him, do you think he actually wants to sit on the bench every single week when he himself has said he's been fit all season. The club offered him a b4 year deal and of course he signed it considering his age at the time, if you want to be angry towards anyone it should be Leeann as she's the one who offered Gray and Daz the long deals.

Does anyone know exactly what Gray can or cannot do as we've never been given the opportunity to find out, another big problem this year is not having reserve football to let payers keep their sharpness. Also if Ross doesn't fancy Gray, why is he on the bench every singe week?

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    He’s heading up the youth coaching element that a lot of the first team players are getting involved with.

I think he, Daz and Lewis are involved in that, Lewis particularly has been helping Doig and Mackie all season and he himself has stated he realises his time is coming to an end. I think Gray also realises this but was maybe expecting a few more games of the bench or in cup matches.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar

Piss poor comment from you re David Gray and not for the first time.

Last season he was struggling with injury, worked his way back to fitness and says himself he has been fit all season, yet JR has not given him a chance. Unless you know what conversations he’s had with JR, or the specifics of his contract I’d suggest you have a bit more respect and consideration for a player who has never given less than 100% for us.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    That's a bit ott re Gray and also a bit disrespectful towards him, do you think he actually wants to sit on the bench every single week when he himself has said he's been fit all season. The club offered him a b4 year deal and of course he signed it considering his age at the time, if you want to be angry towards anyone it should be Leeann as she's the one who offered Gray and Daz the long deals.

Does anyone know exactly what Gray can or cannot do as we've never been given the opportunity to find out, another big problem this year is not having reserve football to let payers keep their sharpness. Also if Ross doesn't fancy Gray, why is he on the bench every singe week?
    The last point is quite simple really as we don’t have a big enough squad to leave first team boys out all together , can’t remember a time this season where I’ve found myself thinking surpised xxx didn’t make the squad. Always been a reason and injuries normally is that reason

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Piss poor comment from you re David Gray and not for the first time.

Last season he was struggling with injury, worked his way back to fitness and says himself he has been fit all season, yet JR has not given him a chance. Unless you know what conversations he’s had with JR, or the specifics of his contract I’d suggest you have a bit more respect and consideration for a player who has never given less than 100% for us.
    Gray is a legend but he isn't good enough to start for us anymore. He kinda hasn't been a regular since our promotion.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

Any need for that ?
    FFS
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Like, it is a contrarian thing that people choose to pick on a specific player that everyone else likes? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Gray is a legend but he isn't good enough to start for us anymore. He kinda hasn't been a regular since our promotion.
    He’s fully fit this season, he hadn’t been in a long time. He deserves the chance to show if he’s still got it now he is fit. Wasn’t that long ago folk were writing off Daz, he got his chance and all of a sudden he’s our best central defender according to some.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    He’s fully fit this season, he hasn’t been in a long time. He deserves the chance to show if he’s still got it. Wasn’t that long ago folk were writing off Daz, he got his chance and all of a sudden he’s our best central defender according to some.
    Daz has had a lot of good periods for us in the top flight. His best football for Hibs was our first season back up. Gray hasn't. His best football was in the championship. There is a big difference between the two.

Daz has had a lot of good periods for us in the top flight. His best football for Hibs was our first season back up. Gray hasn't. His best football was in the championship. There is a big difference between the two.
    Down to injury. DG has had a number of good games for us in the top flight and in Europe. In the Championship he managed to play more regularly.

People are judging him on his recent spells where he wasn’t 100%, he states himself he is fully fit now.I disagree there is a big difference, both players were being written off by many without them getting any game time to be properly judged.

Gray had an excellent half season after Lennon left and Heckingbottom took over.

He’s not done much wrong for us. Had a poor game at home to St Mirren last season, had only very fleeting glimpses of action this season where it’s hard to form any opinion.

It’s not like he’s had a run in the team and we were pumped down his side every week.

And when we were in the Championship he always stood up in the big games against big teams.

I’ve found it a bit strange that he’s been sidelined like he has, but ultimately I think McGinn is just very much Ross’ man and he wants to play his preferred player. And McGinn’s form has been generally excellent since he joined us, he hasn’t given Ross many reasons to drop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Gray had an excellent half season after Lennon left and Heckingbottom took over.

He’s not done much wrong for us. Had a poor game at home to St Mirren last season, had only very fleeting glimpses of action this season where it’s hard to form any opinion.

It’s not like he’s had a run in the team and we were pumped down his side every week.

And when we were in the Championship he always stood up in the big games against big teams.

I’ve found it a bit strange that he’s been sidelined like he has, but ultimately I think McGinn is just very much Ross’ man and he wants to play his preferred player. And McGinn’s form has been generally excellent since he joined us, he hasn’t given Ross many reasons to drop him.

This is my main problem re Gray, McGinn has been poor for a good few games now and looks in need of a rest but Ross just doesn't want to play him, even today I thought was a good opportunity to give Gray a run out against weaker opposition but nope, still on the bench. If he has no intention of playing him, why have him on the bench?

Good post, can’t disagree with any of that. I like McGinn, think in the main he’s been excellent, but he has had a few games where he couldn’t complain if he’d been rested. Like you I believe he is very much Ross’ man.

Unless we’re playing a back four I don’t see a place for Gray. He’s not going to displace McGinn on the right of a three and he’s not going to play as a wing back in front of Cadden or Boyle. And then even when we do play a back four, McGinn hasn’t really done much wrong (although his form has dipped a wee bit).

It’s fine Gray saying he’s fit now but, from what I’ve seen over the last few years, I’m not convinced that would have remained the case if he’d actually been on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This is my main problem re Gray, McGinn has been poor for a good few games now and looks in need of a rest but Ross just doesn't want to play him, even today I thought was a good opportunity to give Gray a run out against weaker opposition but nope, still on the bench. If he has no intention of playing him, why have him on the bench?
    McGinn should’ve been dropped recently and I’ve said so myself, but it wouldn’t be for Gray. Cadden is our best right back option and will hopefully be our long term solution, Porteous and Hanlon should always be our right and left sided defenders, and if he wants to play a three then Daz drops into the middle of them.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    McGinn should’ve been dropped recently and I’ve said so myself, but it wouldn’t be for Gray. Cadden is our best right back option and will hopefully be our long term solution, Porteous and Hanlon should always be our right and left sided defenders, and if he wants to play a three then Daz drops into the middle of them.

This is on the main website and even they don't know Cadden's best position.

Our only issue is knowing what position to label him with on this website profile given his ability to play at right-back, right wing-back and across the midfield.

Excellent half season is a stretch. He was good when the team were, for 6/7 games. Nothing special otherwise. Very poor in a 1-1 draw with hearts. Sold the goal.

Hibs legend but he's done now imo.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Allan Campbell linked, but unlikely.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Where has he been linked about or is it a general point he’s been linked a lot over the last few months?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Would be a fantastic signing, but he's going to have a lot of other offers, as much as I would like to see it happening I don't think it will

Blog Entries
    Somebody here mentioned the young lad Dembele of Celtic becoming available, and might be worth looking at, but, according to reports, Celtic have invoked a one year option, like the one that Griffiths has.

Personally think McGinn has been needing a rest for awhile,everyone else in the back 4 has been out for one reason or another with Daz able to step up to CH and Lewis at LB whereas I can`t remember McGinn being taken out at anytime for a "break"
    Would have thought Gray could more than have covered in a couple of games for Paul especially the QoS and Stranraer games?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Can’t really allow a pair of smart arse ***** the opportunity to sully the David Gray legend. The man and his beautiful Berwick are beyond compare.