hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 423 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by C_hendo04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Nisbet and Doig did leave we would still have the potential to build a strong starting xi with a decent backup xi

GK - Macey / Dabrowksi
    LB - Karbownik / Stevenson
    LCB - Porteous / Hanlon
    RCB - Kerr / Mcgregor
    RB - McGinn / Gray
    CDM - Caicedo / Gogic
    CM - Hendry / Magennis
    CM - Irvine / Newell
    LW - MacKay / Murphy
    ST - Griffiths / Doidge
    RW - Boyle / Cadden
    Gray is on record saying he wants to play He isn’t going to get games at hibs so think he will move on next season even if just a loan move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I think Boyle will be off too.
    I would hope Ross fights to ensure we don’t lose four first team players in next window unless money is too good to turn down
    If we finish third this season we need to push on and emulate that next season
    Losing four key players in one window mAkes that difficult

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I think Boyle will be off too.
    Man, I wish you would stop posting on this thread!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Man, I wish you would stop posting on this thread!
    Sorry buddy. If it's any consolation, that's just my own thoughts rather than a rumour.

Boyle's stock has never been higher but his main asset, his speed, isn't going to be with him for ever and if he wants to secure his financial future, now's probably the time to do it.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Coaching Staff
    Sorry buddy. If it's any consolation, that's just my own thoughts rather than a rumour.

Boyle's stock has never been higher but his main asset, his speed, isn't going to be with him for ever and if he wants to secure his financial future, now's probably the time to do it.
    Nah, before he signed a new contract would have been the time for him.

I agree. His pace is only going to decline over the next few seasons. I think his chance of a big move has come and gone .

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    If Nisbet and Doig did leave we would still have the potential to build a strong starting xi with a decent backup xi

GK - Macey / Dabrowksi
    LCB - Porteous / Hanlon
    RCB - Kerr / Mcgregor
    RB - McGinn / Gray
    CDM - Caicedo / Gogic
    CM - Hendry / Magennis
    CM - Irvine / Newell
    LW - MacKay / Murphy
    ST - Griffiths / Doidge
    RW - Boyle / Cadden
    Think that squad would get anyone very excited
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    He had an ankle ligament operation. Personally not worth the risk for me, we cant afford to pay someone to watch most of the season which he seems to have done for a couple of seasons. Feel sorry for the lad but there's no room for sentiment here.
    Think he done his acl not long ago.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Nah, before he signed a new contract would have been the time for him.
    What's your thinking behind that?

He's scored more goals this season than he's ever managed before and his profile is at its highest.

If he wants a move, Hibs might try to persuade him to stay, but they won't stop him leaving if he's determined and s good offer comes in.

I hope you're right and he stays, but I wouldn't grudge him a move.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    You’ve got my attention now! Sold!

That's what happens when you post without checking

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar

He's scored more goals this season than he's ever managed before and his profile is at its highest.

If he wants a move, Hibs might try to persuade him to stay, but they won't stop him leaving if he's determined and s good offer comes in.

And what’s to say he doesn’t have a release clause in his contract similar to Cummings.....

If Boyle was going to go he’d have to go this window. I agree with that. I’m not sure he will go tbh. They seem happy here from a Scottish point of view and I don’t think he’d get into the prem down south. My worry would be he’d go to Oz but his young family will hopefully put him off that. Our 3 most sellable players at Doig, Niz and Porto and I will be delighted if we have any of them when the new season starts. On a positive if they do go we will have plenty money to improve the squad and cement the “best of the rest” that Ron wants.

Coaching Staff

Without a fee he could have maximised his own earnings. Interested teams could have got him for nothing.

He was doing well for us and at international level and just think if there was a time to go then that would have been it.

Never say never but I think both player and interested clubs would have missed a big trick if he was to go this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Without a fee he could have maximised his own earnings. Interested teams could have got him for nothing.

He was doing well for us and at international level and just think if there was a time to go then that would have been it.

Never say never but I think both player and interested clubs would have missed a big trick if he was to go this summer.
    Not really so though. We have a track record of giving better deals and then selling players.. increasing the players wage at Hibs also increases it when they move as well as our fee coming in.

I think we could sell Boyle, Doig, Nisbet and Porteous - and we will if fees suit and players want to go. All four are at least good enough for the English Champs and there's greater wealth/opportunity to be had there.

Surely we won’t/can’t sell Porteous, Doig, Nisbet and Boyle. No chance.

Even if we took in 8 million they would be very very hard to replace. Money doesn’t guarantee good players, especially at SPFL level.

We’ve saw many players in the past come from down south or where ever with a good reputation and struggle up here.

Unless we went and got players like Jason Kerr, Jordan Jones and Shankland but you’re probably talking 1 million or close to it for each of them plus the wages to match which I can’t see.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    Not really so though. We have a track record of giving better deals and then selling players.. increasing the players wage at Hibs also increases it when they move as well as our fee coming in.

I think we could sell Boyle, Doig, Nisbet and Porteous - and we will if fees suit and players want to go. All four are at least good enough for the English Champs and there's greater wealth/opportunity to be had there.
    There's also the Brexit impact with restrictions on players coming from the EU now. That's going to inflate prices for players already in the English leagues and increase demand for players from Scotland and Ireland. If Martin wants to go then I don't see a problem in his agent finding a buyer south of the border. His CV will look great with continual improvement, international recognition and an explosiveness that is generally hard to find. I do, however, agree with Andy and think that last summer would have been the time for him to move, which suggests he might be happy here (although this could have been down to the problems in the market created by SARS CoV-2).

I'm sure he's on good money at Hibs and loves being a key player here but the money on offer in England might be too good to turn down even if it does hurt his career if he was to become a bench player.

Really glad we have had him for this season as, without him, we'd definitely be back in the pack and, if Hibs are going to win the Cup, he is going to be the main man.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Surely we won’t/can’t sell Porteous, Doig, Nisbet and Boyle. No chance.

Even if we took in 8 million they would be very very hard to replace. Money doesn’t guarantee good players, especially at SPFL level.

We’ve saw many players in the past come from down south or where ever with a good reputation and struggle up here.

Unless we went and got players like Jason Kerr, Jordan Jones and Shankland but you’re probably talking 1 million or close to it for each of them plus the wages to match which I can’t see.
    Hibs have to be careful here and remember back to when the Golden Generation were sold off/allowed to leave. The loss of Thomson, Brown, Riordan, O'connor, Fletcher, Murphy and Caldwell in a short space of time ripped the heart out of the club and it took relegation, the best part of a decade and the appointment of Stubbs to recover.

I don't think this team has the same talent though and the players (other than Boyle) are replaceable.

Doig- I've been very impressed with the improvement in Mackie since his return and if he can steer clear of injury, I think he could actually improve us defensively (if not quite offering the same attacking threat which may no longer be needed if Mackay comes in as a left winger).

Porteous - our defence hasn't been our strong suit and a more consistent and steady performer could actually improve us.

Nisbet - he does provide us with something different nd will be difficult to replace but a fit Leigh Griffiths would definitely give us another dimension.

Boyle - that's the tough one. Sounds like a big player in the dressing room as well as on the park and we would have an even bigger struggle to break teams down without him. It'll also be hard to find a winger of his attacking threat who is equally happy to work back in the other direction and play wing back. He is the most deserving of a move though and if RG was looking to limit the sales to one or two then he should be given first option if an acceptable offer comes in.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

If we were to sell Nisbet, Doig, Porteous and Boyle in the summer it would be a disaster. That's almost half our outfield starting team including our best player and our top goalscorer.

I really can't see that happening.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    If we were to sell Nisbet, Doig, Porteous and Boyle in the summer it would be a disaster. That's almost half our outfield starting team including our best player and our top goalscorer.

I really can't see that happening.
    If the right offers come in and the players want to go, theyll be away.

We just need to back ourselves to replace them well.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post

My big fear as well.

Would raise a lot of cash but we wouldn't invest it all.

Recruitment will be the determining factor, do it well and we could kick on but doing it poorly could lead to mid table mediocrity again.

I hope the club don't sell the four in the same window, that coupled with Rocky going would mean just short of half of our starting 11 would be gone in one foul swoop.

I don't think we will do that however but I can't see it being any less than two.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    If the right offers come in and the players want to go, theyll be away.

We just need to back ourselves to replace them well.
    You would think that replacements, if some (or all) were to go, have been identified by the recruitment team!

We are in a great but strange position!

Really annoying that there is so much speculation around our key players when we still have the most important game of the season coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Laced1875 View Post
    Really annoying that there is so much speculation around our key players when we still have the most important game of the season coming up.
    Nisbet is the only new speculation that I'm aware off? The other speculation is people speculating over speculation from earlier in the season 😁

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Nisbet is the only new speculation that I'm aware off? The other speculation is people speculating over speculation from earlier in the season 😁
    Was Porteous not linked with QPR the other day ?

GK - Macey / Dabrowksi
    LCB - Porteous / Hanlon
    RCB - Kerr / Mcgregor
    RB - McGinn / Gray
    CDM - Caicedo / Gogic
    CM - Hendry / Magennis
    CM - Irvine / Newell
    LW - MacKay / Murphy
    ST - Griffiths / Doidge
    RW - Boyle / Cadden
    Scott Allan???

I don't think Boyle will go he's happy with a young family and his wife plays for the ladies, he recently signed an extension so he seems committed.

I can see Nisbet and Doig going but Porteous staying.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Of all the players mentioned, i’d be pretty gutted if we sold Boyle. Really hope we can keep hold of him and maybe look at a new longer contract on improved terms.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    My big fear as well.

Would raise a lot of cash but we wouldn't invest it all.

Recruitment will be the determining factor, do it well and we could kick on but doing it poorly could lead to mid table mediocrity again.

I hope the club don't sell the four in the same window, that coupled with Rocky going would mean just short of half of our starting 11 would be gone in one foul swoop.

I don't think we will do that however but I can't see it being any less than two.
    It's not really a 'fear' I have - we are and will always be a selling club.

We are also trying to buy those with ambition and move up from Hibs - e.g. SJM, Nisbet

If the players want to go they will.

Signing of ICT winger early is a sign of being prepared - he will either replace Boyle or give us balance with two fast wide men. I've got faith in Ron and JR

There is no way we will sell four players at the same time.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    There is no way we will sell four players at the same time.
    If they all want to go, they will go.