hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 423 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Rumour on the PM board, posted with some certainty (but we've all been there before) that Doig will be offski this summer.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rumour on the PM board, posted with some certainty (but we've all been there before) that Doig will be offski this summer.
    And that should have stayed on the PM board.

Going to be difficult to pick up a lb/lwb. Scott Tanser would be a good shout although there is the St Johnstone effect 😁

Where is Doig supposedly off to?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I agree completely. I was just having a pop at the King of Certainty.

Sounds like an XTC track from the mid-80s.

Personally think Doig was always leaving this summer.

Is there a possibility he could be loaned back though? Especially with the exposure to European football? Or the more likely option of on loan to a league 1/championship team.

Fwiw I think Mackie is a really good prospect too and could step in but has had an awful time with injuries. Scott Tanser and Jamie Robson have always impressed me but I’d be hoping Greg Taylor will be out the picture soon at Celtic and we can take him, even on loan.

Player swap Taylor for Doig? Plus some money and a sell on %.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Is there a possibility he could be loaned back though? Especially with the exposure to European football? Or the more likely option of on loan to a league 1/championship team.

Fwiw I think Mackie is a really good prospect too and could step in but has had an awful time with injuries. Scott Tanser and Jamie Robson have always impressed me but I’d be hoping Greg Taylor will be out the picture soon at Celtic and we can take him, even on loan.

Don’t rate Taylor at all. Think he’s mince.

That’s my contribution haha.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    And that should have stayed on the PM board.
    Really, the poster should have said so? It's not like there hasn't been speculation.

He didn't say to whom, nor offer any details, it was merely a statement. I think you might be being a bit precious about this.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/s...ansfer-5284205
    Last edited by superfurryhibby; 05-05-2021 at 11:03 AM.

Really, the poster should have said so? It's not like there hasn't been speculation.

He didn't say to whom, nor offer any details, it was merely a statement. I think you might be being a bit precious about this.

Then why did he post on the PM board and not the MB?

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

In an ideal world you’d have a right and left footer centre half and a right and left footed centre mid and probably a right and left footed strike pairing.

It’s not massively essential though. If the players are decent they’ll be fine.
    In an ideal world they'd all be two-footed ! rare commodity though, but when you find one #Roanaldo #Zico #Zidnae #Cruyff #Pele #Platini #bobbyjohnstone

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Agree, Mackie has been almost forgotten about because Doig has had a great first season but liked what i seen from him earlier in the season. If Doig were to go I'd have no problem with giving him a run in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Then why did he post on the PM board and not the MB?
    Who knows, why don't you PM him and ask.

Like as if posting on the PM board makes your word gospel?

If they wanted secrecy, they would have said that. As it is , saying Doig is premiership bound is hardly a new concept, is it? No substance or context offered, no team mentioned, no fee, just a statement saying he'll not be at Hibs next season.

One of the reasons I came off the PM board was the amount of complete mince being posted by people pretending to have the inside track.

It is kinda of understood that you dont put PM board stuff on here..... otherwise whats the point of the PM board. You pay the tenner for the higher quality pish on there.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Going to be difficult to pick up a lb/lwb. Scott Tanser would be a good shout although there is the St Johnstone effect 😁
    We still have Sean Mackie who if we can get fit will do a good job there. Imo

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

Them are the rules, so I'm not being precious about it in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    It is kinda of understood that you dont put PM board stuff on here..... otherwise whats the point of the PM board. You pay the tenner for the higher quality pish on there.
    There is a higher quality of pish? 😶😁

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I'd still rather keep Doig a while yet. I think Sean Makie is a great prospect but he never seems to be fit long enough to get a run.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Them are the rules, so I'm not being precious about it in the slightest.

I think you are, given the context. No club, no fee, no anything, just someone saying he's a done deal. If there are rules, please show me where we find them? The unwritten rule is that if you don't want something posted on the main board, you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    There is a higher quality of pish? 😶😁
    Naw, just more concentrated pish!

I think you are, given the context. No club, no fee, no anything, just someone saying he's a done deal. If there are rules, please show me where we find them? The unwritten rule is that if you don't want something posted on the main board, you say so.
    Surely if they wanted it posted on the main board they would’ve just posted it on the main board?

I would’ve thought it was pretty obvious that if someone’s posted something on the PM board they don’t want someone copying and pasting what they said on the main board.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Where is Doig supposedly off to?
    Off skiing apparently.

If we were to be offered serious money for Doig which keeps this club healthy in these times then I would not be worried about trying Mackie along with the ever dependable Lewis for a bit.
    Out of interest, how has Callum Booth played the last few seasons? I see he is out of contract and always thought he had something about him. I genuinely dont know if he developed further or found his level.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    One of the reasons I came off the PM board was the amount of complete mince being posted by people pretending to have the inside track.
    Always find it funny when folk on a football forum pretend to be "in the know". Serious fantasy stuff.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    If doig does go we need to bring in as replacement. Wouldn’t want us reverting back to Stevenson. Think Doig has shown us how more dangerous we can be from the full back position if you’ve got someone out there not scared to get into the opposition box

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    If doig does go we need to bring in as replacement. Wouldn’t want us reverting back to Stevenson. Think Doig has shown us how more dangerous we can be from the full back position if you’ve got someone out there not scared to get into the opposition box
    Agreed. And even more so I wouldn’t want us going with Mackie.

There’s not many stand out left backs around just now so we’d probably be looking down south/abroad?

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Surely if they wanted it posted on the main board they would’ve just posted it on the main board?

I would’ve thought it was pretty obvious that if someone’s posted something on the PM board they don’t want someone copying and pasting what they said on the main board.
    NO one copied and pasted, FFS. (At the risk of constantly repeating myself, people on the PM board generally ask for it not to be posted on here, if it's important). In fact, if it's that important, perhaps they shouldn't be posting it at all ?

Did you actually read any of the responses I made? Read the various easily available links which say there is interest from EPL clubs

Here's another rumour, completely unfounded. Wee Ron will give JR the bullet if he doesn't finish third and reach the cup final. See how that works? I made it up. Like most of the stuff on here and the PM board, it's unfounded gashy rumour.

Ok, I'm off to don the full hair shirt and matching pants, with added itching powder. I'll deny myself my dinner in protest at my own scurrilous actions and ask my lover to deny me conjugals as part of my penitence when we meet at the weekend. I'll also post a score that ruins my chances of winning the HIbs. Net prediction league......satisfied?

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Always find it funny when folk on a football forum pretend to be "in the know". Serious fantasy stuff.
    Plenty of inside scoops have been posted on the private board, you've just got to filter out the real stuff from the nonsense.

Off the top of my head I remember the Malonga, Fontaine and Hallberg signings all being posted there at least a day or two before any rumours appeared on the main board or in the papers.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jayjaygrant
    Chill out kids eh ... all on the same team

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    NO one copied and pasted, FFS. (At the risk of constantly repeating myself, people on the PM board generally ask for it not to be posted on here, if it's important). In fact, if it's that important, perhaps they shouldn't be posting it at all ?

Did you actually read any of the responses I made? Read the various easily available links which say there is interest from EPL clubs

Here's another rumour, completely unfounded. Wee Ron will give JR the bullet if he doesn't finish third and reach the cup final. See how that works? I made it up. Like most of the stuff on here and the PM board, it's unfounded gashy rumour.

Ok, I'm off to don the full hair shirt and matching pants, with added itching powder. I'll deny myself my dinner in protest at my own scurrilous actions and ask my lover to deny me conjugals as part of my penitence when we meet at the weekend. I'll also post a score that ruins my chances of winning the HIbs. Net prediction league......satisfied?
    Can I post the rumour about Ross getting the sack on the PM board?

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    If we were to be offered serious money for Doig which keeps this club healthy in these times then I would not be worried about trying Mackie along with the ever dependable Lewis for a bit.
    Out of interest, how has Callum Booth played the last few seasons? I see he is out of contract and always thought he had something about him. I genuinely dont know if he developed further or found his level.
    Seen some of the stats guys on twitter doing a statistical analysis on the best performing fullbacks/wingbacks in the league this season and Booth was right up there.

Think St Johnstone tend to use him as a more attacking alternative to Tanser at LWB for games that aren't against us, Aberdeen or the old firm.