hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 511
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesnít really give any thoughts on his future career though
    That it may not be at ER even although he has 2 years left on his contract


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Coaching Staff SMAXXA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,652
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That it may not be at ER even although he has 2 years left on his contract
    Iíd imagine thatís a bit of a no brainer mate heís no going to sit and not play for another 2 years which would mean heís not kicked a ball for nearly 4 years at that point as a professional footballer. Sentiment aside he needs to move on for game time if JR isnít going to give him that

  4. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíd imagine thatís a bit of a no brainer mate heís no going to sit and not play for another 2 years which would mean heís not kicked a ball for nearly 4 years at that point as a professional footballer. Sentiment aside he needs to move on for game time if JR isnít going to give him that
    Have always thought he was too young to get the type of contract he did. Talk of all coaching and whatever else was always a bit disrespectful IMO. Shouldnít have been a consideration at his age for me and I actually find it a bit sad that I almost forget heís part of our squad. If heís fit and wants to play I hope he can go and do that.

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by C_hendo04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well with McNamara now playing regularly for Millwall now and after Stephen OíDonnell having signed a new contract with Motherwell, I was wondering whatís everyoneís opinion on Hakeem Odoffin from Hamilton as a potential signing
    Odoffin signed a new contract with Hamilton about 6 weeks ago.
    He has had a great season.

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    An interesting article on SDG and his thoughts on his future career

    https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2021/...mpression=true
    In the article SDG says he is not happy to sit and not play yet that is exactly what he has been doing for the last 2 years

    Says he likes singing his song during matches to the tune of "Rio" by Duran Duran
    "My name is David and I watch from the stand,
    Every month, I hoover up ten grand"
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 18-04-2021 at 12:15 AM.

  7. #36
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Bellshill
    Posts
    516
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesnít really give any thoughts on his future career though
    Iíd be surprised on the back of that if heís with us next season now, Iíd imagine after a full pre season Cadden will take the RB/RWB slot Mcginn will take the bench spot an offer cover at RB and CH, push gray out the picture completely

  8. #37
    Heís heading up the youth coaching element that a lot of the first team players are getting involved with.

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    62
    Posts
    22,676
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the article SDG says he is not happy to sit and not play yet that is exactly what he has been doing for the last 2 years

    Says he likes singing his song during matches to the tune of "Rio" by Duran Duran
    "My name is David and I watch from the stand,
    Every month, I hoover up ten grand"

    That's a bit ott re Gray and also a bit disrespectful towards him, do you think he actually wants to sit on the bench every single week when he himself has said he's been fit all season. The club offered him a b4 year deal and of course he signed it considering his age at the time, if you want to be angry towards anyone it should be Leeann as she's the one who offered Gray and Daz the long deals.

    Does anyone know exactly what Gray can or cannot do as we've never been given the opportunity to find out, another big problem this year is not having reserve football to let payers keep their sharpness. Also if Ross doesn't fancy Gray, why is he on the bench every singe week?

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    62
    Posts
    22,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heís heading up the youth coaching element that a lot of the first team players are getting involved with.

    I think he, Daz and Lewis are involved in that, Lewis particularly has been helping Doig and Mackie all season and he himself has stated he realises his time is coming to an end. I think Gray also realises this but was maybe expecting a few more games of the bench or in cup matches.

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,059
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the article SDG says he is not happy to sit and not play yet that is exactly what he has been doing for the last 2 years

    Says he likes singing his song during matches to the tune of "Rio" by Duran Duran
    "My name is David and I watch from the stand,
    Every month, I hoover up ten grand"
    Piss poor comment from you re David Gray and not for the first time.

    Last season he was struggling with injury, worked his way back to fitness and says himself he has been fit all season, yet JR has not given him a chance. Unless you know what conversations heís had with JR, or the specifics of his contract Iíd suggest you have a bit more respect and consideration for a player who has never given less than 100% for us.

  12. #41
    Coaching Staff SMAXXA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,652
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a bit ott re Gray and also a bit disrespectful towards him, do you think he actually wants to sit on the bench every single week when he himself has said he's been fit all season. The club offered him a b4 year deal and of course he signed it considering his age at the time, if you want to be angry towards anyone it should be Leeann as she's the one who offered Gray and Daz the long deals.

    Does anyone know exactly what Gray can or cannot do as we've never been given the opportunity to find out, another big problem this year is not having reserve football to let payers keep their sharpness. Also if Ross doesn't fancy Gray, why is he on the bench every singe week?
    The last point is quite simple really as we donít have a big enough squad to leave first team boys out all together , canít remember a time this season where Iíve found myself thinking surpised xxx didnít make the squad. Always been a reason and injuries normally is that reason

  13. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Piss poor comment from you re David Gray and not for the first time.

    Last season he was struggling with injury, worked his way back to fitness and says himself he has been fit all season, yet JR has not given him a chance. Unless you know what conversations heís had with JR, or the specifics of his contract Iíd suggest you have a bit more respect and consideration for a player who has never given less than 100% for us.
    Gray is a legend but he isn't good enough to start for us anymore. He kinda hasn't been a regular since our promotion.

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    18,510
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the article SDG says he is not happy to sit and not play yet that is exactly what he has been doing for the last 2 years

    Says he likes singing his song during matches to the tune of "Rio" by Duran Duran
    "My name is David and I watch from the stand,
    Every month, I hoover up ten grand"
    Any need for that ?
    FFS
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Fife
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,333
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the article SDG says he is not happy to sit and not play yet that is exactly what he has been doing for the last 2 years

    Says he likes singing his song during matches to the tune of "Rio" by Duran Duran
    "My name is David and I watch from the stand,
    Every month, I hoover up ten grand"
    Like, it is a contrarian thing that people choose to pick on a specific player that everyone else likes? I don't get it.

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,059
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gray is a legend but he isn't good enough to start for us anymore. He kinda hasn't been a regular since our promotion.
    He’s fully fit this season, he hadn’t been in a long time. He deserves the chance to show if he’s still got it now he is fit. Wasn’t that long ago folk were writing off Daz, he got his chance and all of a sudden he’s our best central defender according to some.

  17. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heís fully fit this season, he hasnít been in a long time. He deserves the chance to show if heís still got it. Wasnít that long ago folk were writing off Daz, he got his chance and all of a sudden heís our best central defender according to some.
    Daz has had a lot of good periods for us in the top flight. His best football for Hibs was our first season back up. Gray hasn't. His best football was in the championship. There is a big difference between the two.

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,059
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Daz has had a lot of good periods for us in the top flight. His best football for Hibs was our first season back up. Gray hasn't. His best football was in the championship. There is a big difference between the two.
    Down to injury. DG has had a number of good games for us in the top flight and in Europe. In the Championship he managed to play more regularly.

    People are judging him on his recent spells where he wasnít 100%, he states himself he is fully fit now.I disagree there is a big difference, both players were being written off by many without them getting any game time to be properly judged.

  19. #48
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    14,445
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Daz has had a lot of good periods for us in the top flight. His best football for Hibs was our first season back up. Gray hasn't. His best football was in the championship. There is a big difference between the two.
    Gray had an excellent half season after Lennon left and Heckingbottom took over.

    Heís not done much wrong for us. Had a poor game at home to St Mirren last season, had only very fleeting glimpses of action this season where itís hard to form any opinion.

    Itís not like heís had a run in the team and we were pumped down his side every week.

    And when we were in the Championship he always stood up in the big games against big teams.

    Iíve found it a bit strange that heís been sidelined like he has, but ultimately I think McGinn is just very much Rossí man and he wants to play his preferred player. And McGinnís form has been generally excellent since he joined us, he hasnít given Ross many reasons to drop him.

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    62
    Posts
    22,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gray had an excellent half season after Lennon left and Heckingbottom took over.

    Heís not done much wrong for us. Had a poor game at home to St Mirren last season, had only very fleeting glimpses of action this season where itís hard to form any opinion.

    Itís not like heís had a run in the team and we were pumped down his side every week.

    And when we were in the Championship he always stood up in the big games against big teams.

    Iíve found it a bit strange that heís been sidelined like he has, but ultimately I think McGinn is just very much Rossí man and he wants to play his preferred player. And McGinnís form has been generally excellent since he joined us, he hasnít given Ross many reasons to drop him.

    This is my main problem re Gray, McGinn has been poor for a good few games now and looks in need of a rest but Ross just doesn't want to play him, even today I thought was a good opportunity to give Gray a run out against weaker opposition but nope, still on the bench. If he has no intention of playing him, why have him on the bench?

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gray had an excellent half season after Lennon left and Heckingbottom took over.

    Heís not done much wrong for us. Had a poor game at home to St Mirren last season, had only very fleeting glimpses of action this season where itís hard to form any opinion.

    Itís not like heís had a run in the team and we were pumped down his side every week.

    And when we were in the Championship he always stood up in the big games against big teams.

    Iíve found it a bit strange that heís been sidelined like he has, but ultimately I think McGinn is just very much Rossí man and he wants to play his preferred player. And McGinnís form has been generally excellent since he joined us, he hasnít given Ross many reasons to drop him.
    Good post, canít disagree with any of that. I like McGinn, think in the main heís been excellent, but he has had a few games where he couldnít complain if heíd been rested. Like you I believe he is very much Rossí man.

  22. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gray had an excellent half season after Lennon left and Heckingbottom took over.

    Heís not done much wrong for us. Had a poor game at home to St Mirren last season, had only very fleeting glimpses of action this season where itís hard to form any opinion.

    Itís not like heís had a run in the team and we were pumped down his side every week.

    And when we were in the Championship he always stood up in the big games against big teams.

    Iíve found it a bit strange that heís been sidelined like he has, but ultimately I think McGinn is just very much Rossí man and he wants to play his preferred player. And McGinnís form has been generally excellent since he joined us, he hasnít given Ross many reasons to drop him.
    Unless weíre playing a back four I donít see a place for Gray. Heís not going to displace McGinn on the right of a three and heís not going to play as a wing back in front of Cadden or Boyle. And then even when we do play a back four, McGinn hasnít really done much wrong (although his form has dipped a wee bit).

    Itís fine Gray saying heís fit now but, from what Iíve seen over the last few years, Iím not convinced that would have remained the case if heíd actually been on the pitch.

  23. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is my main problem re Gray, McGinn has been poor for a good few games now and looks in need of a rest but Ross just doesn't want to play him, even today I thought was a good opportunity to give Gray a run out against weaker opposition but nope, still on the bench. If he has no intention of playing him, why have him on the bench?
    McGinn shouldíve been dropped recently and Iíve said so myself, but it wouldnít be for Gray. Cadden is our best right back option and will hopefully be our long term solution, Porteous and Hanlon should always be our right and left sided defenders, and if he wants to play a three then Daz drops into the middle of them.

  24. #53
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    62
    Posts
    22,676
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McGinn shouldíve been dropped recently and Iíve said so myself, but it wouldnít be for Gray. Cadden is our best right back option and will hopefully be our long term solution, Porteous and Hanlon should always be our right and left sided defenders, and if he wants to play a three then Daz drops into the middle of them.

    This is on the main website and even they don't know Cadden's best position.


    Our only issue is knowing what position to label him with on this website profile given his ability to play at right-back, right wing-back and across the midfield.

  25. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gray had an excellent half season after Lennon left and Heckingbottom took over.

    Heís not done much wrong for us. Had a poor game at home to St Mirren last season, had only very fleeting glimpses of action this season where itís hard to form any opinion.

    Itís not like heís had a run in the team and we were pumped down his side every week.

    And when we were in the Championship he always stood up in the big games against big teams.

    Iíve found it a bit strange that heís been sidelined like he has, but ultimately I think McGinn is just very much Rossí man and he wants to play his preferred player. And McGinnís form has been generally excellent since he joined us, he hasnít given Ross many reasons to drop him.
    Excellent half season is a stretch. He was good when the team were, for 6/7 games. Nothing special otherwise. Very poor in a 1-1 draw with hearts. Sold the goal.

    Hibs legend but he's done now imo.

  26. #55
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Fife
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,333
    Allan Campbell linked, but unlikely.

  27. #56
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Allan Campbell linked, but unlikely.
    Where has he been linked about or is it a general point heís been linked a lot over the last few months?

  28. #57
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Easter Road
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Allan Campbell linked, but unlikely.
    Would be a fantastic signing, but he's going to have a lot of other offers, as much as I would like to see it happening I don't think it will

  29. #58
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    73
    Posts
    19,212
    Blog Entries
    1
    Somebody here mentioned the young lad Dembele of Celtic becoming available, and might be worth looking at, but, according to reports, Celtic have invoked a one year option, like the one that Griffiths has.

  30. #59
    First Team Regular rossevenil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    edinburgh
    Age
    51
    Posts
    630
    Personally think McGinn has been needing a rest for awhile,everyone else in the back 4 has been out for one reason or another with Daz able to step up to CH and Lewis at LB whereas I can`t remember McGinn being taken out at anytime for a "break"
    Would have thought Gray could more than have covered in a couple of games for Paul especially the QoS and Stranraer games?

  31. #60
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    58
    Posts
    10,889
    Canít really allow a pair of smart arse ***** the opportunity to sully the David Gray legend. The man and his beautiful Berwick are beyond compare.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)