hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 423 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    With 3rd place almost in the bag and potentially another semi final off we get the right result tomorrow and then expectations have definitely be set for next season and I think Ron will expect that.

Next season could be one of our biggest ever in recent times and competing in four competitions will need a good squad of players.

2. Log in to remove the advert

If players do leave we need at least the same quality in to maintain a challenge. Not an easy thing to do as we well know from previous transfers out.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can’t really allow a pair of smart arse ***** the opportunity to sully the David Gray legend. The man and his beautiful Berwick are beyond compare.
    Correct , a fully fit David Gray would be one of the 1st names on the team sheet. Sadly injuries have caught up with him probably due to his style of play . Not just his header in the cup final but also his overall performance and leadership make him a real legend among decent Hibs supporters .
    We could have certainly done with someone with his leadership in the big games we have bottled this season.
    Smart arse ***** is being to kind will not say what I really think as it is a family board.

Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    Correct , a fully fit David Gray would be one of the 1st names on the team sheet. Sadly injuries have caught up with him probably due to his style of play . Not just his header in the cup final but also his overall performance and leadership make him a real legend among decent Hibs supporters .
    We could have certainly done with someone with his leadership in the big games we have bottled this season.
    Smart arse ***** is being to kind will not say what I really think as it is a family board.
    He has been fully fit all season, why hasn't he been on the team sheet?

Pathetic to call people who you disagree with names, you can fully respect everything gray has done for us, and totally seperate from that not think he is good enough anymore. I just don't think he is up to the level of a top 3 SPL side. Same as I don't think Pat Stanton could do a job for us now. Doesn't diminish his legacy. Gray is 32 now and has played 10 games in 2 years. He isn't even close to a first name on the teamsheet.

We lost many big games with him playing, his leadership qualities guarantee nothing in big games.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He has been fully fit all season, why hasn't he been on the team sheet?

Pathetic to call people who you disagree with names, you can fully respect everything gray has done for us, and totally seperate from that not think he is good enough anymore. I just don't think he is up to the level of a top 3 SPL side. Same as I don't think Pat Stanton could do a job for us now. Doesn't diminish his legacy. Gray is 32 now and has played 10 games in 2 years. He isn't even close to a first name on the teamsheet.

We lost many big games with him playing, his leadership qualities guarantee nothing in big games.

Pathetic to make comments about Gray , not sure what the last bit means every team loses games .When it mattered he showed what a leader is .
    You seem to be all over every thread apart from one.

Pathetic to make comments about Gray , not sure what the last bit means every team loses games .When it mattered he showed what a leader is .
    Why exactly is it pathetic to comment on a Hibs player, on a Hibs forum?

Of course. But we lost a few semis I can remember with him playing, including one he got ripped in and subbed at half time. It can happen to any player in any team.

What thread is this? Am I missing something? I can go and post in it if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Allan Campbell linked, but unlikely.
    Where are you seeing this?

Gray is nowhere near good enough anymore hence his game time. You can sit and sulk over that and wish he was playing along with Daz Hanlon and Stevenson as you can’t move on, or you can open your eyes and see that’s the case.

As said above, his leadership skills guarantee nothing, he’s been beat in plenty big games including semis and finals, play off ties and derbies.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Leadership qualities on the park count for nothing, when you are not good enough to play for that team now.

I'm a fan of the St Johnstone fullback, Rooney. Their striker Guy Melamed also seems to be good now that he's fit

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Dabrowski signs extension.

Jason Kerr
    Alan Campbell
    Declan gallagher
    Leigh Griffiths
    Get it done and we will be third next year too.

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Jason Kerr
    Alan Campbell
    Declan gallagher
    Leigh Griffiths
    Get it done and we will be third next year too.
    Hearts chum reckons they are in for top 3 in n that list and will use their financial clout to get them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Hearts chum reckons they are in for top 3 in n that list and will use their financial clout to get them!

Jason won't go to Hearts , No danger

@hibs.net private member

Difficult to compete with Mr Anderson’s blank check book!🤷🏼......for someone who has had great success on achieving returns from his equity investments he obviously doesn’t expect much in return from his ‘contributions’ to Hearts, absolute shambles of a club.

Seen this on Kickback and can't find anything anywhere else so sounds made up??

Batistuta87
    Posted 1 hour ago
    A paper down south linking us and Hibs with Martyn Waghorn....

image.png.dc320285720c493fa8632d78e91b3952.png

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post

Batistuta87
    Posted 1 hour ago

I remember being raging when he was subbed off in the Cup Final..most of his touches ended up going to a Hibs player or straight out that day

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    I remember being raging when he was subbed off in the Cup Final..most of his touches ended up going to a Hibs player or straight out that day
    Agreed can't say I have ever been impressed, still can't see anything in it as it doesn't seem to be reported anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post

Batistuta87
    Posted 1 hour ago

Jeez I hope not, 3 goals in 28, think I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Jeez I hope not, 3 goals in 28, think I'll pass.
    After reading it on Kickback I had a search on twitter, nothing about him and Hibs but he's certainly not a fans favourite at Derby.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    My first thoughts about Martyn Waghorn are that he's pretty basic.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I always thought Waghorn was a pretty decent player but came across as a fanny.

Doesn’t really fit the mould of the type of player with a potential future sell on fee that I think we will be looking to sign.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I always thought Waghorn was a pretty decent player but came across as a fanny.

Doesn’t really fit the mould of the type of player with a potential future sell on fee that I think we will be looking to sign.
    Not every signing needs to fit that profile.

In any case, I can’t see Waghorn being the least bit interested in signing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Not every signing needs to fit that profile.

In any case, I can’t see Waghorn being the least bit interested in signing for us.
    Indeed Andy so let’s get Leigh in!

If we can win the Scottish it could be massive for us, with that potential money for mcginn, possible sales off one or two assets and we would be in a right good position to be best of the rest for the foreseeable. These additions would be superb.

Aberdeen interested in Jamie McGrath and Declan Gallagher according to reports.

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    McGrath will be a good signing for someone either this summer or next year when his contract expires.

Indeed Andy so let’s get Leigh in!

Seriously? Do I have to on every thread?!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo hibee View Post
    McGrath will be a good signing for someone either this summer or next year when his contract expires.
    McGrath stats are good but the majority of his goals have been pens.

I've watched them a couple of times and haven't been impressed with him in general play.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    McGrath stats are good but the majority of his goals have been pens.

I've watched them a couple of times and haven't been impressed with him in general play.
    Totally agree. Take away the penalties and you wouldn’t notice him