hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 423 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually suspect Mallan will be back with us next season and slightly happier to play a bit part. There will be more games meaning more opportunities for him and I'm not sure the loan move has been brilliant so he's maybe seen the grass isn't greener on the other side.

I'd be happy to have him back and an option on the bench or for some of these games when we need a bit of a threat from midfield.
    Mallan might actually be more of an asset in europe, depending on the opposition.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    I actually suspect Mallan will be back with us next season and slightly happier to play a bit part. There will be more games meaning more opportunities for him and I'm not sure the loan move has been brilliant so he's maybe seen the grass isn't greener on the other side.

I'd be happy to have him back and an option on the bench or for some of these games when we need a bit of a threat from midfield.
    I don’t think Mallan will be around next season, we lose too much in midfield playing him and he’s definitely not suited to the 3 in the middle JR has been playing for the majority of the season, unfortunately I think the same is true about Scott Allan, I’d love to get a fit and firing Allan in the team but with a 3 in the middle and 2 strikers I just can’t see how he fits in.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    I don't think we have missed Mallan at all

Interesting listening to the open goal podcast a few weeks ago and Halliday commenting now how hibs have legs in the middle of the park which we lacked before

All 3 commented on Newell but Halliday picked out Irvine

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Callum_62; 10-05-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    I don't think we have missed Mallan at all

Interesting listening to the oorn goal podcast a few weeks ago and Halliday commenting now how hibs have legs in the middle of the park which we lacked before

All 3 commented on Newell but Halliday picked out Irvine

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    If we are to keep developing and challenging regularly we need better than Mallan as part of our options.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Well, not really. There were bids for Porto and Nisbet in January and there have been persistent rumours about Doig going. I don’t think anyone wants to see these players transferred. In fact every post seems to say that they should stay at Hibs and progress their careers.

Out of curiosity which rumour about Nisbet and what makes that more solid than any of the others?
    The Nisbet Brentford rumour carries more weight for me as he is exactly the type of player they go for (assuming the Moneyball data stacks up) - relatively unheralded, young and with a large potential sell on + a potential replacement for Toney if he leaves in the summer. I suppose for them it really depends on whether they get promoted via the playoffs.

Hearing we are in for Clark Robertson. Central defender formerly of Aberdeen and Blackpool now at Rotheram.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudster View Post
    Hearing we are in for Clark Robertson. Central defender formerly of Aberdeen and Blackpool now at Rotheram.
    Aberdeen are in for him.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We were in for him a while back when Aberdeen released him.

One guy on the Aberdeen forums was saying Aberdeen were in for him. I have absolutely no recollection of this guy playing for Aberdeen previously but Aberdeen fans don't seem to keen.

He was only 21 when he left Aberdeen. Hearts also in for him....at 6'2" that's no surprise!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Did he used to play for Forest?

He wasn’t very highly thought of at Aberdeen first time round by the fans but in fairness he was playing left back. Think the club had high hopes for him though.

Since moving dow south I think he’s been a good, reliable defender.

Left footed so would be completion for Hanlon.

If we are looking to strengthen options on the left, esp if Doig goes, what do folk think of Ilkay Durmus? Don't know enough about him to judge but I thought he showed some decent touches in the semi out left and covering back in defence. Contract up end of May. Great name if nothing else!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    If we are looking to strengthen options on the left, esp if Doig goes, what do folk think of Ilkay Durmus? Don't know enough about him to judge but I thought he showed some decent touches in the semi out left and covering back in defence. Contract up end of May. Great name if nothing else!
    I was thinking this whilst watching the game yesterday, fits JR system as he can play more than one position as well

Coaching Staff
    I thought Daniel Mackay, just signed from ICT, is a left-sided player?

We still have Sean Mackie who i think will do a good job for us there if he can get rid of his injury issues.... What ever the issue is does anyone whats wrong with him.

IMO Durmus is far to inconsistent in his play and in his shooting to be of interest to Hibs
    He predominately played up front when he arrived at St Mirren and was no tracky backy.
    It may be that Goodwin is trying to develop the defensive side of his game which would make him a much more useful player.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Aberdeen are in for him.
    I read that last week.
    Brown and Gallagher in.
    Devlin offered short term extension and trying to bring Robertson in.

Left by mutual consent!
    Any player we bring will be realistically offered to Aberdeen or Hearts as well.

All 3 are shopping in similar markets and all agents do is try and drum up as much interest in their client as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    We still have Sean Mackie who i think will do a good job for us there if he can get rid of his injury issues.... What ever the issue is does anyone whats wrong with him.
    I remember reading it was something minor like a thigh strain but that was many months ago.
    Then we had the almost recovered chat but again that was back in March
    Been out for 5 months now so I can't help but think that it is connected to his bad injury from last season.
    When he played earlier this season he looked the part, big strong and athletic.
    There was no big injury on the pitch , we simply didn't see him play again.
    At 22 the guy really needs a break to go his way.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 10-05-2021 at 03:09 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    IMO Durmus is far to inconsistent in his play and in his shooting to be of interest to Hibs
    He predominately played up front when he arrived at St Mirren and was no tracky backy.
    It may be that Goodwin is trying to develop the defensive side of his game which would make him a much more useful player.
    I've quite liked the look of him when I've seen him. With Mackay coming in and Murphy having another year on it doesn't seem like a key position but I think he'd be a decent squad player with the potential to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I remember reading it was something minor like a thigh strain but that was many months ago.
    Then we had the almost recovered chat but again that was back in March
    Been out for 5 months now so I can't help but think that it is connected to his bad injury from last season.
    When he played earlier this season he looked the part, big strong and athletic.
    There was no big injury on the pitch , we simply didn't see him play again.
    At 22 the guy really needs a break to go his way.
    I agree, he really does need to catch a break and hopefully the medical team are just being over cautious about his recovery. I really hope he can make the preseason and get his career back on track, I think he has a lot to offer.
    Last edited by badabing67; 10-05-2021 at 03:23 PM.

Allan Campbell confirmed as leaving Motherwell at the end of the season. Looking at 500k compensation. I know Hibs have been linked with him in the past. Hasn't impressed me as much this season but he hasn't had Turnbull playing beside him.
    Think he's most likely going to go down south.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    Any player we bring will be realistically offered to Aberdeen or Hearts as well.

All 3 are shopping in similar markets and all agents do is try and drum up as much interest in their client as they can.
    Hearts can't afford the players we are looking at.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Hearts can't afford the players we are looking at.
    When has that ever stopped them?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    When has that ever stopped them?
    Funny and true.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Allan Campbell confirmed as leaving Motherwell at the end of the season. Looking at 500k compensation. I know Hibs have been linked with him in the past. Hasn't impressed me as much this season but he hasn't had Turnbull playing beside him.
    That could put a few teams off him. I wonder if we’d be able to offer Drey Wright or Mallan as part of a deal.

Not actually convinced we need him if we tie Irvine down.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    That could put a few teams off him. I wonder if we’d be able to offer Drey Wright or Mallan as part of a deal.

Not actually convinced we need him if we tie Irvine down.
    We will need a bigger squad if we secure Europe till December.

Recruits in Defence, Midfield, and Attack needed.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Haven’t seen anything from him that would be worth that sort of fee. I’m sure we could strengthen the same area for less.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Haven’t seen anything from him that would be worth that sort of fee. I’m sure we could strengthen the same area for less.
    Campbell has impressed me, thought he was excellent in the 0-0 at ER this season, but I agree, unless we can structure a deal with future sell ons or offering players as part of it I’m not sure I’d be wanting to spend £500k on him.