hibs.net Messageboard

Page 201 of 423 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,030 of 12675
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I read the tweet that linked to that story and I’ve read the headline. I’m struggling to make sense of it though.

Am I going mad or does it not read right? Is there a missing comma or full stop or something?
    Grammatically, it’s a horrendous sentence tbf 😂.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Not saying mcnulty is pish, but we've been there done that.
    He was definitely pish in his last spell

With potentially Chris Mueller arriving soon, we'll have a superb choice of wingers at our disposal. Squirrel, Daniel Mackay, Chris Mueller, Drey Wright and Jamie Murphy. With a front three of Doidge, Nisbet and Gullan we've certainly got plenty of firepower. I can't remember having so many wingers. Could be a terrific season ahead.

Getting Mueller in early would be absolutely superb. He'll be totally match fit and will bolster one of the most shallow area of the squad with his ability to play up front.

An additional CB or two and replacements for any potential outgoers and we'll be in really good shape.

I'd love an extra creative midfielder too, but it's so easy to put a wish list together as a fan that doesn't have to deal with balancing the budget.
    Last edited by Vault Boy; 26-07-2021 at 10:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member hibee1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibs View Post
    With potentially Chris Mueller arriving soon, we'll have a superb choice of wingers at our disposal. Squirrel, Daniel Mackay, Chris Mueller, Drey Wright and Jamie Murphy. With a front three of Doidge, Nisbet and Gullan we've certainly got plenty of firepower. I can't remember having so many wingers. Could be a terrific season ahead.
    I don’t think Wright is a winger. He’s always posted missing out there but has not bad to decent games when he plays in the number 10

Quote Originally Posted by hibee1875 View Post
    I don’t think Wright is a winger. He’s always posted missing out there but has not bad to decent games when he plays in the number 10
    Thanks. I had him down as a winger but could easily be descibed as attacking old style outside right position. Still very well staffed down the wings which is always a good thing and lends to being on the front foot in most games.

@hibs.net private member
    Is Cadden a winger? Also young Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    McNulty has got plenty of talent but he doesn’t seem a player that Jack would want in his squad.

A guy who only puts the effort in when he’s looking for a new contract is not really what you want.
    Although am I not right in thinking he is a player who Jack has signed twice in the past 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Although am I not right in thinking he is a player who Jack has signed twice in the past 2 years?
    Yes

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Well indeed. Third time lucky then!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Where do we see him fitting in at Hibs? Is he a wide player
    In the Orlando game I watched he played wide right up and down the pitch but made his way into the box during attacks. He was obviously playing to orders. Clever movement, a good change of pace, alert and very fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibs View Post
    Thanks. I had him down as a winger but could easily be descibed as attacking old style outside right position. Still very well staffed down the wings which is always a good thing and lends to being on the front foot in most games.

He was a winger for St J. and also a wing back.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Sun are reporting that Jack Ross is confident we will have Mueller in next week (no quotes), I’ve lost track of what’s going on travel wise. Will he have to isolate for 10 days upon arrival in Scotland?

Also doesn’t seem to be much being said about his work permit. I’m
    Sure he’ll get one but how long will that process take and can we have started the process already or do we need to wait until his contract of employment is due to start?

First Team Breakthrough
    Interesting wee interview with Mathie here: Exclusive: Hibernian looking for a centre-back and a striker - VAVEL International

It confirms that we're still looking to sign a CB and another striker, and has an interesting insight into the Doig situation.

Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    Interesting wee interview with Mathie here: Exclusive: Hibernian looking for a centre-back and a striker - VAVEL International

It confirms that we're still looking to sign a CB and another striker, and has an interesting insight into the Doig situation.
    Was just about to post this, Hibs definitely won't be selling Doig for less than Hibs think he's worth .

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar

That last paragraph is fantastic. Quite right too.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Was just about to post this, Hibs definitely won't be selling Doig for less than Hibs think he's worth .
    And also shows a willingness to do a deal based on his progress . I get the feeling common ground could be found at a price from 3million plus add ons . It is very refreshing to hear his views on trying also to do whats best for the player . Not a lot of agents out there give a second thought to that . I like Mathies thought process if i were a a parent of a young player you would be keen to let him take care of the development . There is a desire not to hold guys back and reach there goals but tempered with a make sure its right for you attitude.
    From the players prospective what a level headed young man getting great advice .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    And also shows a willingness to do a deal based on his progress . I get the feeling common ground could be found at a price from 3million plus add ons . It is very refreshing to hear his views on trying also to do whats best for the player . Not a lot of agents out there give a second thought to that . I like Mathies thought process if i were a a parent of a young player you would be keen to let him take care of the development . There is a desire not to hold guys back and reach there goals but tempered with a make sure its right for you attitude.
    From the players prospective what a level headed young man getting great advice .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Agree 100%

Dunfermline sign Dorrans. Another good deal for them. They are still 8/1 to win that league. Killie are 4/5 which is nuts imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Dunfermline sign Dorrans. Another good deal for them. They are still 8/1 to win that league. Killie are 4/5 which is nuts imo.
    Did well for Dundee in the championship

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    "If Josh Doig performs how he performed last season in English League One and got to a national final, teams would be willing to spend far more money on him, rather than if he was in Scotland. We finished third in the league, we’re in Europe, we got to a cup final, and these bids are really disrespectful.”

For comparison, at the same age as Doig is now (19 years & 2 months), Andrew Robertson had not yet made an appearance for Dundee United. In their first top flight seasons, both players won YPOTY awards, featured in the team of the season and played in the Scottish Cup final. Now I’m not suggesting Doig will reach the same heights as Robertson but nobody really predicted he would back then. Hull paid just under £3m for Robertson 7 years ago and transfer values down south have kept rising since then.

Blog Entries

Really excellent article & I love Hibs stance in this instance. The arrogance & patronising attitude of English football (clubs & fans) is beyond belief. Hopefully more Scottish clubs will join us in demanding true value for money. On the flip side nearly every Scottish club with whom we do buying business praises Hibs for the way we conduct transfers. Dunfy, ICT, St M & Raith stick out in recent times.

Looking forward to seeing how the championship pans out this season.

#DAFC are delighted to announce the signing of Graham Dorrans on a 2 year deal 🏁

➡️ https://t.co/qAJt0bg44R https://t.co/RVhia3YbqA

Absolutely love that we have that mindset.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Would love to see Dunfermline back in the top league

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Prefer Doidge and Nisbet.
    Agree totally

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Was thinking more Shankland playing in the hole behind Nisbet and Doidge or as an impact Sub offering something different or more importantly a replacement for Nisbet when he goes
    We're really not going to invest well over £1m in transfer fee and wages on an impact sub though, not at our level. Playing behind the main strikers also sounds unlikely, given that Ross likes playing with wide men and I'd be very surprised to see any team playing with 5 forwards these days. That leaves the replacement for Nisbet angle and I'd prefer to see us looking for better value for money elsewhere.

There's a few people linking us with Jozo Simunovic on Twitter. Don't know if there's anything in it.

First Team Breakthrough
    Seen it mentioned on twitter Hibs in talk with free agent Jozo simunovic? Prob just more rubbish but it's another rumour.

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    There's a few people linking us with Jozo Simunovic on Twitter. Don't know if there's anything in it.
    Would be a cracking signing but sure he would command a hefty salary