hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 423 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Boyle will be off too.

Peak physical fitness and ripe for a big pay day move. Whether he would be a success or not I have no idea, but I think he'll want the opportunity.

Unlike previous seasons, however, I'm not as bothered as I would normally be at the prospects of losing quite a few players, as we will get good money for them and I'm confident our owner will invest in good replacements.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    It's not really a 'fear' I have - we are and will always be a selling club.

We are also trying to buy those with ambition and move up from Hibs - e.g. SJM, Nisbet

If the players want to go they will.

Signing of ICT winger early is a sign of being prepared - he will either replace Boyle or give us balance with two fast wide men. I've got faith in Ron and JR
    The loss of all four, plus Rocky and Irvine, That would be a serious bit of surgery on this team. The pressure would be on Ross and Hibs to ensure they are replaced by players good enough to maintain the current standard and take the team forward. I can't say that prospect fills me with joy. Endless team in transition scenario beckons.

That said, I can't see all four assets moving on this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Laced1875 View Post
    Really annoying that there is so much speculation around our key players when we still have the most important game of the season coming up.
    Is there anything from any good sources at all? It's mainly folk on here linking them with moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    If they all want to go, they will go.
    Just like Nisbet and Porteous did in January?

First Team Regular
    I dare say winning the cup and a guarantee of 6-8 European games will help retention/ recruitment?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    It's not really a 'fear' I have - we are and will always be a selling club.

We are also trying to buy those with ambition and move up from Hibs - e.g. SJM, Nisbet

If the players want to go they will.

Signing of ICT winger early is a sign of being prepared - he will either replace Boyle or give us balance with two fast wide men. I've got faith in Ron and JR
    We’ve not always been a selling club to the extent that we sell all 4 of our best players in one hit. Can’t say I recall anything like that at any time. Different times now I know but it’s not a precedent I know if or have ever read about.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post

Peak physical fitness and ripe for a big pay day move. Whether he would be a success or not I have no idea, but I think he'll want the opportunity.

Unlike previous seasons, however, I'm not as bothered as I would normally be at the prospects of losing quite a few players, as we will get good money for them and I'm confident our owner will invest in good replacements.
    I don’t think our owner will know a good player from a good fans forum so let’s hope his recruitment team do.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    We’ve not always been a selling club to the extent that we sell all 4 of our best players in one hit. Can’t say I recall anything like that at any time. Different times now I know but it’s not a precedent I know if or have ever read about.

I can't see us selling 4 as I think Boyle will stay but the precedent here is the fact that the 3 other lads are all young and very talented, the last time that happened we sold Thomson, Brown and Whittaker all at the same time.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Wouldn’t be surprised in the case of Nisbet and Porteous in particular if they were told see out this season, get us into third/win the cup and if acceptable bids come in this summer we will let you go.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I can't see us selling 4 as I think Boyle will stay but the precedent here is the fact that the 3 other lads are all young and very talented, the last time that happened we sold Thomson, Brown and Whittaker all at the same time.
    Brown and Thomson didn’t leave at the same time so that’s that precedent unprecedented..

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Brown and Thomson didn’t leave at the same time so that’s that precedent unprecedented..
    Brown, Killen and Sproule all left the same summer. Harsh times

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Brown, Killen and Sproule all left the same summer. Harsh times
    If you add Whittaker to that then maybe there is a precedent after all. Although Killen walked away didn’t he the ****, rather than being sold.

I realise not at the same time but from the same successful team, Thomson went in January, Brown in May and Whittaker in August all in 2007.

If we lost those players but made circa £8m+ for them, I’m far more confident of our ability to spend around half of that back into the squad now, and recruit well, than I was looking back at 2007. We have infrastructure and barrowloads of debt that the majority of the money went towards. We are actively loosening the purse strings just now even without that income, with it and I feel Ron will be very generous about how much he gives to the playing squad.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Rocky apparently rejected a contract back in Israel and has offers to remain in Scotland. Only going to be one of the uglies.

Can't pretend I'm not disappointed in that, even if it makes total financial sense for him and his family.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

One left mid season, the other at the end of the season. The point is a good one - we had to replace both that summer and it wasn’t easy.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Rocky apparently rejected a contract back in Israel and has offers to remain in Scotland. Only going to be one of the uglies.

Can't pretend I'm not disappointed in that, even if it makes total financial sense for him and his family.
    Don't grudge him that to be honest. Been a good servant and deserves a payday at the end of his career.

First Team Breakthrough
    Cannot blame a guy for doubling his salary towards the end of his career

Looks like (potentially) we will need a new GK, Centre Back, Left Back, Winger and a Striker - busy window ahead.

Looks like (potentially) we will need a new GK, Centre Back, Left Back, Winger and a Striker - busy window ahead.
    Jack has been saying they have contingency plans and targets in mind should players leave. I feel more confident in our recruitment these days and there seems to be a strategy in place.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Hopefully some of our younger players will break through at the same time.

Coaching Staff
    GK - Macey has signed on for 2 years and Dabrowski has extended his deal. Paddy Martin is also still on the books, out on loan at the moment at Stenny. So I don't think another GK will be a priority, TBH

@hibs.net private member
    I think it’s inevitable that Nisbet and Porteous will be sold in the summer and I wouldn’t grudge them their moves, don’t see the point in also selling Doig unless it’s a ridiculous offer. Doig needs to be playing first team football at this stage of his development, his value will not drop over a period of 1 year.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    I'd rather not see any go but that's unrealistic. Some will definitely go but I don't see all 5 leaving. Should the worst case occur I wouldn't be totally dismayed as I feel our recruitment over the last 4 or 5 seasons has been good and getting better each year.

I think the fact young players see our best young players getting bigger moves will help make us an attractive prospect to potential targets so unfortunately if the right amount is bid we need to accept otherwise we stop being able to attract players like John McGinn and Kevin Nisbet.

Realistic outs

Mallan
    Wright
    Porteous
    Nisbet
    Halberg

Ins
    McKay
    Jason Kerr
    I’d take a punt of the JET at Livi
    Central midfielder
    Scott Allan

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Realistic outs

Mallan
    Wright
    Porteous
    Nisbet
    Halberg

Ins
    McKay
    Jason Kerr
    I’d take a punt of the JET at Livi
    Central midfielder
    Scott Allan
    I read JET is potentially away to Asia or India in the close season.

Also worth noting he's now the wrong side of 30, so probably doesn't fit our profile.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    The loss of all four, plus Rocky and Irvine, That would be a serious bit of surgery on this team. The pressure would be on Ross and Hibs to ensure they are replaced by players good enough to maintain the current standard and take the team forward. I can't say that prospect fills me with joy. Endless team in transition scenario beckons.

That said, I can't see all four assets moving on this summer.
    Not a chance this will happen. Nisbet and maybe Porto and that’s it. I’m sure if we have a chance of Leigh coming back Kevin could be away. Also I’m sure we can get a decent replacement for Porto if he goes plus daz is still well capable for another season. The recruitment process is working superbly so no issues with mathie well on top of it. It will take a possible record fee for us to let Boyle go. Can’t see anyone we can afford who could replace him. Unplayable when on the money. All positive as far as o can see.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    One left mid season, the other at the end of the season. The point is a good one - we had to replace both that summer and it wasn’t easy.
    Agreed but one of them stayed long enough to win a cup and should maybe have been two cups so the 6 months made a difference.
    They were irreplaceable really.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Not a chance this will happen. Nisbet and maybe Porto and that’s it. I’m sure if we have a chance of Leigh coming back Kevin could be away. Also I’m sure we can get a decent replacement for Porto if he goes plus daz is still well capable for another season. The recruitment process is working superbly so no issues with mathie well on top of it. It will take a possible record fee for us to let Boyle go. Can’t see anyone we can afford who could replace him. Unplayable when on the money. All positive as far as o can see.
    Well, I think you are underestimating the possibility that Doig will go. Equally, MacGregor is going to be around, but I reckon he’s not likely to play much. Our record fee is 4.5 million or so ( Brown), no one will pay that for Boyle. It’s possible that he will have a clause and fee in his contract. If someone meets that and trebles his wages, he’ll be offski. I fully agree, he would be a huge loss to the side.

Recruitment has been mixed, Nisbet has been a great signing, as has Gogic. S.McGinn, Wright, Murphy, Cadden and Magennis less so.

I named six players. I reckon we will do well to retain three of them.

They can go with my eternal gratitude, if they win the Scottish Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Is there anything from any good sources at all? It's mainly folk on here linking them with moves.
    Exactly its the usual on here the only solid rumour is Nisbet the rest of folk on here selling off the crown jewels