hibs.net Messageboard

Page 231 of 423 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,930 of 12675
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only if he was in the right headspace to pay and focus on the game? Jack made the call to leave him out and we don't know the full detail of that.

And we won on Sunday.
    Agree with that

I wonder if he is focused enough to play tomorrow ?

Might give some of his suitors a boot up the arse ��

Expected him gone by now

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Agree with that

I wonder if he is focused enough to play tomorrow ?

Might give some of his suitors a boot up the arse ��

Expected him gone by now
    Wouldn’t imagine so, he won’t play again unless all deals where we are close to finalising are off the table. Fwiw I’m comfortable with that, Stevenson will do fine in the short term and has very rarely let us down. Who’s to say if JD played its not at the back of his mind about getting injured and ruining a life changing move which impacts his performance. Defo the right decision to leave him out through all of this, we aren’t talking about a seasoned professional who’s used to this it’s a young lad at 19 who will have a million things going through his head right now and some very big decisions to make.

I don’t think this was just about the Motherwell game - no coincidence Mathie came out with a ridiculous high valuation of him in that interview.

As others have said minimum £4 million starting bid. I’m sure Hibs are already looking at another left back but it would be useful to bring someone in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Wouldn’t imagine so, he won’t play again unless all deals where we are close to finalising are off the table. Fwiw I’m comfortable with that, Stevenson will do fine in the short term and has very rarely let us down. Who’s to say if JD played its not at the back of his mind about getting injured and ruining a life changing move which impacts his performance. Defo the right decision to leave him out through all of this, we aren’t talking about a seasoned professional who’s used to this it’s a young lad at 19 who will have a million things going through his head right now and some very big decisions to make.
    👍🏿

Agree but also remember SJM busting a gut for us in Europe ( Greece) knowing he was gone

Different strokes for different folks I suppose

Hopefully will all be resolved soon

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzjw1875 View Post
    The thing that gets me is JR said Sunday he's out due to deal nearly agreed,then yesterday we say there has been no concrete bids. For me if a deal was close can we not bid and sign new players in advance of this hapening with the money we will get from Doig? To also boost our squad for the next couple euro and league games as we have decent chance of making alot of cash in the groups if we progress.
    JR didn’t say that and the CEO didn’t say that either. Everyone playing cards very close to chest, and being very careful with wording used. The guys will be working behind the scene to get the best deal for Hibs. You don’t get pulled unless we are in negotiation stage. Same thing happened with the other players but those deals didn’t go through. All were firm bids but not enough for Hibs to sell. I’m loving this new approach from Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    JR didn’t say that and the CEO didn’t say that either. Everyone playing cards very close to chest, and being very careful with wording used. The guys will be working behind the scene to get the best deal for Hibs. You don’t get pulled unless we are in negotiation stage. Same thing happened with the other players but those deals didn’t go through. All were firm bids but not enough for Hibs to sell. I’m loving this new approach from Hibs.
    Yup I think so far we have handled it well. Clear intent to others - if you want away or sold you will be dropped / out of squad.

A lot of player power these days but so far Ross and staff have done well here to keep harmony and focus on the match (last week).

What I like, even though it also frustrates me on a personal level, is the complete lack of leaked info from inside the club.
    Suggests a tightly run ship which will take its time to make sure the right decision is reached.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Na I disagree. Think we’re genuinely holding out for what we want this time. £3.5m/£3.75m potentially just to get things started. Anything less we’ll reject

Mathie wouldn’t come out with what he has done then under sell Josh to what we think he’s valued at
    I think Mathie was equally as disappointed in the fact JD was going to end up in an U23 team, I know we’ll be attempting to get the best sum possible for hibs but I genuinely feel Mathie will be working to get the best deal for JD as well, which is why we’re hearing about loan moves being lined up to Forrest.

Linked with a former Motherwell striker James Scott, at Hull city this morning in the Daily Record

First Team Breakthrough
    Yeah your correct think I'm just hearing my own things lol, I agree with you even though it's infuriating the new way we are going about things is great progression is high on the list along with no longer getting shafted with accepting stupid bids. Just annoyed we haven't strengthened as next couple games in Europe are massive.

I'd take James Scott, I think as a previous poster mentioned, he tended to play out wide for Well, but he seems to have a similar build to Nisbet.

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    I don’t think this was just about the Motherwell game - no coincidence Mathie came out with a ridiculous high valuation of him in that interview.

As others have said minimum £4 million starting bid. I’m sure Hibs are already looking at another left back but it would be useful to bring someone in soon.
    Maybe Doig has already been sold, but we won’t disclose it as we don’t want Clubs, we could be buying from, to know we have lots of cash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Maybe Doig has already been sold, but we won’t disclose it as we don’t want Clubs, we could be buying from, to know we have lots of cash.
    You really think the buying club wouldn't mention it?

First Team Breakthrough

He’s not been sold yet and there is a chance he could be playing tomorrow night

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I hope that Doig is getting the correct guidance from whoever is representing him. The visual right now is that a true club legend is filling in for him and we also have a link to what seems to be a quality replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Harry Kane is, because look at him.
    So you can tell a prick by just looking, that's a talent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurhibee View Post
    He’s not been sold yet and there is a chance he could be playing tomorrow night
    I’ve read elsewhere that Doig is not 100% up for a move and would be happy to stay with us for another season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I’ve read elsewhere that Doig is not 100% up for a move and would be happy to stay with us for another season.
    Was that in the media Jim?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    👍🏿

Agree but also remember SJM busting a gut for us in Europe ( Greece) knowing he was gone

Different strokes for different folks I suppose

Hopefully will all be resolved soon

Tbf SJM was a bit older and had more experience.

Graeme Mathie has talked about the priority placed on player welfare and I have no issue with taking a 19 year old who is the subject of much transfer speculation out of the team.

It does diminish our first 11 but I think it’s the right thing to do.

Do we not usually do the for an undisclosed fee thing when it comes to transfers.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    There’s a difference between being happy here and not pushing for a move and actively wanting to go.

I think it’s pretty clear if Doig remains a Hibs player this season he’ll be perfectly happy.

I’m sure if he gets the chance to move to one of the biggest leagues in the world and increase his wage by about 10 fold, setting him up for life in the process then he would jump at the chance.

Quite frankly if he gets the chance of a move like that and anybody is suggesting he should stay at Hibs when anything could happen next season they’d be absolutely mental.

He could get an injury or lose form and be worth a fraction of what he can ask for now. If he has a great season, he’s still not going to add that much to his value.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I heard it and I think it was the new CEO Ben Kensell said it in the interview that was released on twitter but I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    I heard it and I think it was the new CEO Ben Kensell said it in the interview that was released on twitter but I could be wrong
    Nope he never said that in his interview I watched mate

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Nope he never said that in his interview I watched mate
    I heard it some where yesterday anyway

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Tbf SJM was a bit older and had more experience.

Graeme Mathie has talked about the priority placed on player welfare and I have no issue with taking a 19 year old who is the subject of much transfer speculation out of the team.

It does diminish our first 11 but I think it’s the right thing to do.

Jordan Jones has left Rangers and signed a three-year deal at Wigan.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Jordan Jones has left Rangers and signed a three-year deal at Wigan.
    If we hadn’t signed Mueller I would have loved to have seen him here.

Not sure if this has been posted before so apologies if it has. Ben Kensell giving a good interview to the Not The Old Firm guys and talk of work on and off the park including big screens

https://youtu.be/T0iEFV2GtuI

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I honestly can’t remember if it was a newspaper article or social media, maybe both.

Big screens this season an work for north and south stands, kiosks have been or will be updated

I honestly can’t remember if it was a newspaper article or social media, maybe both.
    Neither reliable sources then!