hibs.net Messageboard

Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235
Results 7,021 to 7,025 of 7025
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because their is so little money in the Scottish game our players can be picked up on the cheap. English clubs in particular know we need the money. Villa robbed us for McGinn; he could up moving for fifty million.
    Don't sell the player then. Would you want to move to a club that is trying to get you on the cheap?

I would seriously question what I mean to them especially at Josh's age - if Sheffield United can spend £23m on Brewster (a Liverpool U23 player) and £17m on McBurnie you need to question why these English teams are squabbling over a couple of million. They throw millions away with expensive record breaking poor signings, get relegated and lose millions through mismanagement and yet squabble over a couple of million for a talented driven youngster from Scotland.

Josh should stay at Hibs if this is their attitude. He'll be a number and nothing else. Tell them to gtf if they don't pay the going rate and properly show their interest in Doig (not just treat him as another catch in their net).

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    If an employer was trying to poach me and was offering 3, 4, 5, maybe ten times my salary I wouldn't care a jot

Near enough every one on earth would think the same

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    If an employer was trying to poach me and was offering 3, 4, 5, maybe ten times my salary I wouldn't care a jot

Near enough every one on earth would think the same

Thatís exactly why so many players fail down south. Too much money far too soon. Ravel Morrison is a classic example. Skill and talent and a complete car crash of a career. Iím sure his bank balance is ok as long as heís not been an idiot but his career is insignificant and pretty pointless.

Closer to home, Garry OíConnor.

Canít always be driven by money and too much money too soon, especially with footballers, can be very very damaging without proper care.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Thatís exactly why so many players fail down south. Too much money far too soon. Ravel Morrison is a classic example. Skill and talent and a complete car crash of a career. Iím sure his bank balance is ok as long as heís not been an idiot but his career is insignificant and pretty pointless.

Closer to home, Garry OíConnor.

Canít always be driven by money and too much money too soon, especially with footballers, can be very very damaging without proper care.
    The other side of the coin is its generally short career that can be ended by injury at any point

Again I'd wager almost anyone on this board would move to another UK based company for double there salary.

I'd imagine Doig will get more than that thrown at him

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    The other side of the coin is its generally short career that can be ended by injury at any point

Again I'd wager almost anyone on this board would move to another UK based company for double there salary.

I'd imagine Doig will get more than that thrown at him

What if this UK based company treated you like garbage or sent you to work with one of their business partners who are complete amateurs?

Doig should do what is right for his football. He should continue to enjoy and improve his football.

Tainting a dream with money.

Iíd wager many on this board grew up wanting to play for Hibs or Scotland or some football team and most didnít think about money.

Most lose their way when money becomes their main focus. Number of very talented players that go to the EPL and fall away to nothing. Many sad stories of players burning through their wealth and being left with nothing after their short football career.

There is a reason the club have mentioned welfare for Josh multiple times. He has to be mentally ready for that and not let the money consume him.