Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts.
    hearts, rangers and celtic

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Hamilton via the automatic and Ross County via the play offs.

Less plastic pitches the better so bye bye Hamilton, tin pot stadium aswel.

I like Yogi so its hard saying County but so far away and another eye sore on the tv stadium. Killie are switching to a grass hybred next year or the following im sure.

Dundee to come up via the Play Offs please.

Those are my wishes.
    How is Ross County's ground an eyesore? Neat tidy little ground, well maintained - certainly from the last time fans were in. If you'd said ICT, I would have agreed.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastHibby View Post
    The fact that they actually did what was needed to survive annoys you??
    We sha# it full stop and they came out on top.
    However I'd rather see Hamilton down than the other two. It's about time
    Yip, call me petty, I know.

J

I actually hope Ross County stay up. I enjoy the trip up to Dingwall and often make a weekend of it by staying over on the Saturday night.

I've already said that Hamilton's my preference to go down but if there's to be a team relegated via the play offs then I hope it's Kilmarnock, hate going there.

@hibs.net private member
    Why people care about getting 'bigger clubs' in the league is beyond me. Will it really make a difference to the league if a Raith are in the league instead. They're hardly a huge club anyway.

I'd like to see Kilmarnock go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I actually hope Ross County stay up. I enjoy the trip up to Dingwall and often make a weekend of it by staying over on the Saturday night.

I've already said that Hamilton's my preference to go down but if there's to be a team relegated via the play offs then I hope it's Kilmarnock, hate going there.
    Dingwall is one of my favourite away days. As is Kilmarnock.
    I really wish Aberdeen were in danger of going down for purely petty reasons.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Let's be honest Dundee, Falkirk, Dunfermline and Partick should all at least be in the top league.

Top league should be at least 16 teams playing each other twice. OK, the turnover of clubs might shrink a little but it would lead to a more sporting league. A model where revenue is shared shared equally might even make it a better league.

This playing each other 4 times a season is a nonsense. What other major league does it?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Let's be honest Dundee, Falkirk, Dunfermline and Partick should all at least be in the top league.

Top league should be at least 16 teams playing each other twice. OK, the turnover of clubs might shrink a little but it would lead to a more sporting league. A model where revenue is shared shared equally might even make it a better league.

This playing each other 4 times a season is a nonsense. What other major league does it?
    Why? They both got relegated to league 1, there are 10 teams in the Championship that should be ahead of them.

And they have 3 sided stadiums.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Why? They both got relegated to league 1, there are 10 teams in the Championship that should be ahead of them.

OK, Raith Rovers, Inverness and Queen of the South then. They would all add value to the league.

Look at leagues across Europe in Germany and Italy, there are so many unheralded teams in the top leagues now. Benevento, Crotone, Sassuolo and Spezia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

Falkirk have fallen on hard times lately and have had to cut their cloth accordingly. It was disheartening when they severed their youth connections to concentrate on the first team because their development of young players had been one of their success stories over the previous years.

You are correct about the teams in front of them. However, if Falkirk can get back up to where they were and can afford to rekindle their youth partnerships it would be better for Scottish football at least at upper championship level.

Being Falkirk based I'm a bit biased but they are a decent community club and not too far a trip for the Edinburgh based amongst our ranks.
    Last edited by Wilson; 13-04-2021 at 08:44 AM.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar

Agree with your point, the leagues should be bigger, but I think there are other countries of comparable size in Europe whose teams play each other 4 times. Croatia and Denmark are 2 examples (unless I'm mistaken).

There are enough teams in Scotland the same size as or bigger than Livi/Ross County/Hamilton to make a 16 team top league work (current top 12, plus 4 from ICT, Dundee, Dunfermline, Raith, QOS, Ayr, Morton, Falkirk, Thistle. Not sure if I've missed anyone....). Anything below that top league should then be regionalised IMO, to avoid the likes of Stranraer v Elgin on a Tuesday night. That sort of fixture is pure madness.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Ideally, Hamilton and Ross County to go down and one of the Fife teams (preferably Dunfermline) to come up via the playoffs. I like County but ease of access wins for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    Killie. Tommy Wright is a big miserable *******. Plus Broadfoot and Lafferty.
    I don't mind Tommy Wright but have sympathy with your view given the Lafferty link. And Boyd.
    If Caley Thistle come up through the play-offs I hope it is at the expense of Ross County, purely from the team pov and not having double the number of trips all the way up the A9.
    Not looked at the stats but it just strikes me that over the years our record up that way isn't great. Will stand corrected if any statos out there can counter my impression.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Falkirk have fallen on hard times lately and have had to cut their cloth accordingly. It was disheartening when they severed their youth connections to concentrate on the first team because their development of young players had been one of their success stories over the previous years.

You are correct about the teams in front of them. However, if Falkirk can get back up to where they were and can afford to rekindle their youth partnerships it would be better for Scottish football at least at upper championship level.

Being Falkirk based I'm a bit biased but they are a decent community club and not too far a trip for the Edinburgh based amongst our ranks.
    They made a massive error of judgement scrapping their youth system - one of their more redeeming qualities. If they can - and it's probably a big if at the moment, not to say it's impossible - then they would be an asset to the scottish game.

I have a (imo) perfectly rational dislike of Falkirk after our time in the championsip.

James Keatings goal against them is one of my favourite ever Hibs goals.

Kilmarnock.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

It might also lead to better football, because the current league set up has up to 6 teams fearing relegation and so more cautious tactically.

Dumbo Budge should have thought this through last summer before presenting her 14 team compromise mess, which offered benefits for no one except Hearts.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Accies and County will stay up and Killie go down. Most folk get off on hating Hamilton for the plastic pitch the pitful excuse for a stadium the lack of fans and the fact they relegated us but I am more petty. I hate Killue because the last game before the split that season we only needed a single pount to stay in the top six and they beat us...and I hate their pies.

Without a shadow

Hertz

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Brechin. Teams from the lowland and highland leagues such as Brora and Cove have shown that they can more than compete with league one and two quality sides and it's time the league structure was freshened up.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction