hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I would think it highly unlikely that any games will be allowed to go ahead next Saturday such is the climate of irrational hysteria being whipped up, I would suspect the SFA won't dare do anything that might show ''disrespect''.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Firstly I expect the match to be moved as all BBC channels will be swamped with wall to wall coverage of his funeral.

Personally I think that the coverage has been totally over the top. The royal family should be leading by example. Harry should not be flying in from the USA. There will be no time for him to self isolate. The funeral should be restricted to 30 people or whatever the law is in England. Personally I have lost 3 aunts and uncles during lockdown. My mum couldn't even attend her sister's funeral due to rules in place at the time.
    Even the Royal family should live by the laws of the land.
    Unless I’m being daft, they are following the rules? Harry is allowed to travel like anyone else is. He’s allowed to attend the funeral but no wake or anything, and must isolate at all other times. They’ve cut the numbers back to 30 also.

What I don’t agree with is the TV schedule. If you don’t want to participate in the funeral then you shouldn’t be forced to. Issue may come from players who’d like to watch it, although I couldn’t see it.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Jason Leitch answered a question on Off the Ball yesterday about someone coming in to Scotland for a funeral, I think from the Netherlands. The answer was he could attend the funeral, but would have to isolate before and after, so no going to the shops etc. Basically he can leave the hotel to attend the funeral but has to go back into isolation straight after. Be interesting to see if Harry has to isolate in a hotel!

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    You have joined a Hibs supporters site yet have no interest in speaking about football.
    I smell *****

tbf we all made a first post and i doubt all were to do with football, and where exactly is the "stirring"

Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    Jason Leitch answered a question on Off the Ball yesterday about someone coming in to Scotland for a funeral, I think from the Netherlands. The answer was he could attend the funeral, but would have to isolate before and after, so no going to the shops etc. Basically he can leave the hotel to attend the funeral but has to go back into isolation straight after. Be interesting to see if Harry has to isolate in a hotel!

Don’t think America is on the red list, so he will be isolating in his own residence.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Unless I’m being daft, they are following the rules? Harry is allowed to travel like anyone else is. He’s allowed to attend the funeral but no wake or anything, and must isolate at all other times. They’ve cut the numbers back to 30 also.

What I don’t agree with is the TV schedule. If you don’t want to participate in the funeral then you shouldn’t be forced to. Issue may come from players who’d like to watch it, although I couldn’t see it.
    Sorry didn't know the rules about attending funerals. If he is then I expect that he sticks to the rules.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    and he thought he would join a Hibs supporters site solely for the purpose of telling us

The guy hasn't ever posted about Hibs or today's game.
    I suspect he/she has registered and posted on many sites in the last few days.
    A gas lighter dude looking to cause discord.
    It’s **** like this that stops new people posting. It should be an automatic one week ban for calling someone out due to the amount of posts they’ve made. In fact it might be better to get rid of the post count altogether.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post

He won't need to isolate in a hotel as the USA's not on England's red list - he will be able to isolate in a private residence.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    He won't need to isolate in a hotel as the USA's not on England's red list - he will be able to isolate in a private residence.
    You’d have thought you’d have to isolate for 10 days or so?
    You’re the expert😀

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    You’re the expert😀
    He will, with the exception of the funeral itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    You’re the expert😀
    He does need to isolate but can leave his home to attend the funeral.

Left by mutual consent!
    Here's hoping they have only ten or whatever at the funeral, like everyone else has to do. Be a *** outrage if they bend the rules for that lot.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Here's hoping they have only ten or whatever at the funeral, like everyone else has to do. Be a *** outrage if they bend the rules for that lot.

The limit's 30, not including anyone working at the funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Not in a mandatory hotel costing 1700 Pounds ( if like Scotland ) but in another hotel presumably if he has no " home " in England . Harry probably has several places he could call " home " but for the rest of us who live overseas what`s the situation ? We stay in a normal hotel ( must be near funeral venue ) which we leave for a couple of hours for the funeral presumably ? If family accommodation is available presumably overseas person would have to isolate in a room with no contact with others in house ? Have read Harry could cut short 10 - day quarantine after funeral so only tested on day 2 and return home to US before second test on day 8 for example though that may be if he pays for an expensive test on day 5 . Then travel questions . Can someone in Paris for example take Eurostar ( still running with 1 train in each direction per day ) to London then a train to Scotland for a funeral or is only option a direct flight from Paris to Scotland ( if there are ) or flight via England ? There are lots of folk overseas worried about missing funerals or who have already missed some ( am aware of online alternative ) and perhaps one good thing that has come from this royal thing about which I`ve no interest at all is that it has led to official guidelines on funerals being published .
    Finally apologies to everyone for mentioning funeral stuff on football thread ( maybe last few posts should be moved to Coronavirus thread in Holy Ground ) .

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

They’d planned for 800 but COVID saved us the dough on 770 of them. Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It’s **** like this that stops new people posting. It should be an automatic one week ban for calling someone out due to the amount of posts they’ve made. In fact it might be better to get rid of the post count altogether.
    You're absolutely spot on there.
    Getting rid of the post count is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    You're absolutely spot on there.
    Getting rid of the post count is a great idea.
    Have never quite understood idea of post count . If someone wants to know how many posts they`ve made surely there must be a way of letting posters know without discriminating between long time posters and new posters ? This is the only forum I use online but last week I signed up for another non football site to ask for some financial advice and after less than a week I know I won`t return to it cause of hostile responses I got to my query - instead of helping ( which some did ) several regulars immediately questioned my motives as though they had the right to question my honesty .

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Not in a mandatory hotel costing 1700 Pounds ( if like Scotland ) but in another hotel presumably if he has no " home " in England . Harry probably has several places he could call " home " but for the rest of us who live overseas what`s the situation ? We stay in a normal hotel ( must be near funeral venue ) which we leave for a couple of hours for the funeral presumably ? If family accommodation is available presumably overseas person would have to isolate in a room with no contact with others in house ? Have read Harry could cut short 10 - day quarantine after funeral so only tested on day 2 and return home to US before second test on day 8 for example though that may be if he pays for an expensive test on day 5 . Then travel questions . Can someone in Paris for example take Eurostar ( still running with 1 train in each direction per day ) to London then a train to Scotland for a funeral or is only option a direct flight from Paris to Scotland ( if there are ) or flight via England ? There are lots of folk overseas worried about missing funerals or who have already missed some ( am aware of online alternative ) and perhaps one good thing that has come from this royal thing about which I`ve no interest at all is that it has led to official guidelines on funerals being published .
    Finally apologies to everyone for mentioning funeral stuff on football thread ( maybe last few posts should be moved to Coronavirus thread in Holy Ground ) .
    He would be able to isolate in any private residence.

In England you can pay for a test after 5 days and leave quarantine if it's negative.

People must also take a test on or before day 2 of isolation and on or after day 8 of isolation.

Well said

100° 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I called the person out because I thought and still think the post was an obvious piss take.
    The alternative is he really thinks a petition is a cunning plan to tackle Saturdays football and royal funeral issue but I'm not sure anyone is that stupid.
    However, if I am wrong and Baldrick is currently in the process of getting his petition and 100,000 signatures together I promise to help him deliver it on completion but reserve the right to wear a disguise to avoid subsequent ridicule.

P.S. some wag started a petition on change.org a couple of weeks ago to have Ann Budge removed from Hearts. It currently has 35 signatures. Maybe our petition advocate can makes pals with the guy who started that one and get some petitioning tips although getting 100,000 signatures could be difficult within the tight time scale.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 12-04-2021 at 02:32 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    I see the english toffs will be pausing the county cricket games for 80 minutes for the funeral...

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I called the person out because I thought and still think the post was an obvious piss take.
    The alternative is he really thinks a petition is a cunning plan to tackle Saturdays football and royal funeral issue but I'm not sure anyone is that stupid.
    However, if I am wrong and Baldrick is currently in the process of getting his petition and 100,000 signatures together I promise to help him deliver it on completion but reserve the right to wear a disguise to avoid subsequent ridicule.

P.S. some wag started a petition on change.org a couple of weeks ago to have Ann Budge removed from Hearts. It currently has 35 signatures. Maybe our petition advocate can makes pals with the guy who started that one and get some petitioning tips although getting 100,000 signatures could be difficult within the tight time scale.
    It’s not really anything to do with what the poster said, it’s the constant reference to how many posts someone has made. If I had made that post I’d be laughed at, but no one would suggest I’m a Jambo because I’ve made lots of posts. There seems to be an etiquette that says you have to agree with everyone until you get your post count up or you’re called a Jambo. Surely we all want to see new people posting on here?

United we stand here....

It’s not really anything to do with what the poster said, it’s the constant reference to how many posts someone has made. If I had made that post I’d be laughed at, but no one would suggest I’m a Jambo because I’ve made lots of posts. There seems to be an etiquette that says you have to agree with everyone until you get your post count up or you’re called a Jambo. Surely we all want to see new people posting on here?
    It is impossible for us all to agree at the best of times on here which is good because it shows Hibs supporters are a team for everyone. However, the always angry and unnuanced thinkers on here can be very wearing at times. I agree that the Jambo accusation for new posters thing is well off the mark. Apologies for using it.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 12-04-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    Just a few minutes ago on BBC Scotland channel(before sportscene)advertising game at time initially scheduled (12.00 BBC ONE Scotland)
    But i still think it may change before weeks end

Saturdays Scottish Grand National now to take place on Sunday.
    My horse usuall finishes on Sunday anyway!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    My horse usuall finishes on Sunday anyway!
    Might stand a chance then!

@hibs.net private member
    If for no other reason than the D of E served Britain World War 2, making him a veteran from what I consider our finest generation, then even although I am not a royalist I respect the man's service.

The totally over the top reaction from the media is to be expected as this is a huge story for them. It doesn't make it right, but it does make it understandable.

Should we pause sport? Possibly. Will allowing sport to go on stop some who would want to see the ceremony miss it? Yes. Are they a minority? Almost certainly. For the sake of a few hours, and as a supposedly civilised nation should we show them some latitude? In my opinion, yes.

I am not looking for a fight, just trying to present an alternative view. I want the game to go on, but I understand why a significant minority may not.

Blog Entries
    This whole fawning nonsense is ridiculous IMO. Every organisation is terrified to be called out by the Daily Fail for not grovelling enough. The SFA should release a statement saying, In line with Prince Philip's wish for a "no fuss " occasion we will respect his request & continue with our scheduled programme on Saturday. Minute's silence, black arm bands etc etc. It's not as if we have to worry about crowds!

Left by mutual consent!
    Yes. Well said. 👏

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I’m sure the ko times for all the weekend games will be sorted today

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This whole fawning nonsense is ridiculous IMO. Every organisation is terrified to be called out by the Daily Fail for not grovelling enough. The SFA should release a statement saying, In line with Prince Philip's wish for a "no fuss " occasion we will respect his request & continue with our scheduled programme on Saturday. Minute's silence, black arm bands etc etc. It's not as if we have to worry about crowds!
    Wouldnt even bother with a statement. Black arm band, minutes silence and crack on with the football imo.