hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Off the ball is on at 12 on FM and MW, not sure about online. Sportsound is on at 2pm but given they couldn't broadcast our game at Ibrox it's out of order if they can somehow broadcast tomorrow's other game.
    Had a quick look, looks like it’s not on MW
    Usually when a games live on line, you have the option to watch or listen to it

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    It will be online or on medium wave
    Be on the iPlayer so available anywhere in the UK. Not sure they'd route the commentary through BBC Sounds

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lots of benchers in the team tomorrow please with the main men on the bench in case required for the last 20-30 minutes.
    So Macey, Magennis, Gray, Wright, McGregor , Hallberg, Stevenson starting tomorrow.

Shouldn't risk getting the likes of Boyle injured unnecessarily before the Livingston in midweek.
    Stranraer players have been playing 3 times a week in between doing their day jobs so they will be very tired in the last quarter tomorrow so can be blown away by our main guys at that point if necessary.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Lots of benchers in the team tomorrow please with the main men on the bench in case required for the last 20-30 minutes.
    So Macey, Magennis, Gray, Wright, McGregor , Hallberg, Stevenson starting tomorrow.

Shouldn't risk getting the likes of Boyle injured unnecessarily before the Livingston in midweek.
    Stranraer players have been playing 3 times a week in between doing their day jobs so they will be very tired in the last quarter tomorrow so can be blown away by our main guys at that point if necessary.
    We’re not good enough to do that. We’ll play our strongest team and take players off when the job is done. This game is absolutely pivotal in our season, there’s no way we’ll go with an under strength team.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I think Gogic should be the first name on the team sheet every week, although it would be nice to give him a rest.

I know we really shouldnt need him tomorrow, but he does do a terrific job winning the ball back for us.
    I totally agree and I've posted as much previously.

He's been hugely important to our progess.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    We’re not good enough to do that. We’ll play our strongest team and take players off when the job is done. This game is absolutely pivotal in our season, there’s no way we’ll go with an under strength team.
    Correct.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I think Gogic should be the first name on the team sheet every week, although it would be nice to give him a rest.

I know we really shouldnt need him tomorrow, but he does do a terrific job winning the ball back for us.
    His form in the last 2/3 months has been outstanding. He’s actually my overall player of the year.

We dropped him once before for no real reason and the teams form fell off a cliff.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    His form in the last 2/3 months has been outstanding. He’s actually my overall player of the year.

We dropped him once before for no real reason and the teams form fell off a cliff.
    Most sensible post I’ve seen for a long time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post

My player of the year too, Mr consistant

Blog Entries
    I think we should go for the jugular straight away with our strongest 11, and when the game is won ( probably before half time ) JR can then give game time to the benchees. I’m confident of a win by four or more goals.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    What a shame, the weather up here has changed from warm and sunny over the past few days to cool and wet. I'm not going to be able to get work done in the garden. I'll just have to watch the telly, any idea if there's football on?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I think we should go for the jugular straight away with our strongest 11, and when the game is won ( probably before half time ) JR can then give game time to the benchees. I’m confident of a win by four or more goals.
    I agree with the strongest 11 part, the only contradiction to that is I’d like to see Magennis start.

We should still have more than enough to beat them and I think there’s a right good player in Magennis, even if he’s not necessarily shown it yet, there’s still time for him to be an asset this season but he needs some match time I think.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Of course we're good enough, it's a part time league 2 side ffs. Rotate, bring in hungry fresh players and we'll still win easily.

The Scottish Cup isn't the competition to be chopping and changing the team. Strongest side possible, get the game won then make the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Of course we're good enough, it's a part time league 2 side ffs. Rotate, bring in hungry fresh players and we'll still win easily.
    What league were they in when we needed an OG to beat them in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    League 1

First Team Breakthrough
    Of course there are no recent examples of full-time professional teams from Edinburgh losing to part-timers 3 tiers below them ...

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    My approach would be best team unless anyone with knock that could play but wouldn't risk

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    My approach would be best team unless anyone with knock that could play but wouldn't risk
    Let's be honest, that is probably going to be Jack Ross's approach too.

The strength of the team he fielded against QotS shows this isn't a competition he is going to take chances in.

I'd be happier if we were more comfortable rotating. Especially when we look at the kind of packed schedule we're aiming for - it is something we'll need to do.

The important thing today though is just progressing.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Jackson Irvine has played a lot of football after being out a long time.

I think giving him an extra wee rest might not be a bad idea before the Livi game.

It’s all very well playing the strongest team but the league fixtures are more important until we can get one more win I’d say. Keeping somebody fresh for our league games is sensible IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    Of course there are no recent examples of full-time professional teams from Edinburgh losing to part-timers 3 tiers below them ...
    What recent example are there of 3rd placed Hibs losing to a league 2 side?

They literally never touched the ball that night. And if it wasn't an own goal, Cummings were there to tap it in.

We're allowed five substitutions which is another reason for starting with a full strength side.

Play like we did in the second half against Queen of the South and the Stranraer players will struggle due to the number of games they've played recently. That should see us build a healthy cushion, at which point we can use the bench to rest key players.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    We're allowed five substitutions which is another reason for starting with a full strength side.

Play like we did in the second half against Queen of the South and the Stranraer players will struggle due to the number of games they've played recently. That should see us build a healthy cushion, at which point we can use the bench to rest key players.
    Think it’s only 3 in the Scottish Cup, plus one more if it goes to extra time

This morning is going so slow. Wish the game would hurry up and start.
    Cougars!!!

What recent example are there of 3rd placed Hibs losing to a league 2 side?

They literally never touched the ball that night. And if it wasn't an own goal, Cummings were there to tap it in.
    Apart from when Oxley tipped one over the bar. We can give players a run out once we are 3 up.

Apart from when Oxley tipped one over the bar. We can give players a run out once we are 3 up.
    Which is completely useless for them. If we want more than the first 11 to actually contribute for the run in, this is a perfect game to get them some fitness. If not, play the first 11. Either way, we will win easily.

Agree. Hibs are in no position to take any game for granted. Seen far too many cup upsets over the years to know how that ends. Play a very strong 11 and only once the game is well won, start rotating. The next 3 games could define our whole season.

Coaching Staff
    Which is completely useless for them. If we want more than the first 11 to actually contribute for the run in, this is a perfect game to get them some fitness. If not, play the first 11. Either way, we will win easily.
    We’ve only got a few games to go. Best team available in each required.

It's how fringe players are usually eased into the first team so it's not "useless", it's tried and tested.

If we put the guys on the bench in from the start and lost, there won't be many folk saying that at least they got a run out. The calls would be for JR to go.

Win the game first, then think about the run in and match fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    We’ve only got a few games to go. Best team available in each required.
    We don't. We have 4 league games and potentially 4 Scottish cup games. This is perfect chance to rest main players for run in, and get others some game time.

I remember having this same argument against BSC. First team played, barely tried and won 4-1. If we seriously think there is any chance of losing this while giving the likes of Macey, Mcgregor, Magennis, Hallberg etc a game then they should all be told to find new clubs.