hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marvin Bartley - Open Goal

Marv is the latest to be interviewed by Open Goal.

https://twitter.com/opengoalsport/status/1380543527994580993?s=21 Small teaser about a night out in Marbella.

But does anyone know who the other person in the argument was that he was holding back?

Looking forward to this one! Should be good!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marv is the latest to be interviewed by Open Goal.

https://twitter.com/opengoalsport/st...994580993?s=21 Small teaser about a night out in Marbella.

But does anyone know who the other person in the argument was that he was holding back?

Looking forward to this one! Should be good!
    Probably Stoksey....

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I’ll be in a minority here but I cannot stand Open Goal. Quite liked the Simon Ferry interviews but the Paul Slane pish is horrific
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I’ll be in a minority here but I cannot stand Open Goal. Quite liked the Simon Ferry interviews but the Paul Slane pish is horrific
    Stopped watching it a few months ago. Think the show is going downhill.

The one on one interviews Ferry does are great.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

I’m still a fan overall of the show but I agree it seems to be getting worse.

Open goal - Good laugh and I enjoy hearing them speak about football and tell stories. Frustrating when ruin a serious, actually pretty good chat, with the same old jokes though like the stuff about Jet etc.

English podcast - Absolutely horrific. Chat about Moyes’ house and a certain type of wars....

Right in the coupon - The most serious of the 3 but they say the same stuff every week. Derek Ferguson wants to be the only person speaking and just says how much he loves Hamilton etc and I swear to god if I hear McAvennie say about Turnbull being subbed one more time.

I understand the majority of their audience will be Celtic/Rangers but it’s far too focussed on them and very rarely mention us who are 3rd, we seem to get very little credit. St Johnstone and Hamilton are bigged up more than us.

Kev Kyle i think is just deluded too, he try’s to come across smart at times and it backfires drastically. He mentioned Ross County’s tweet about Christie in the same breath as racial abuse. He also has shocking knowledge of Scottish football and the current players. He also tried to say about Shaun Rooney playing up top for Scotland....

I much prefer Scottish football to English and could probably name a full team for each of the top flight teams, I don’t study them or that but it’s genuinely not difficult. I think with the exception of Ferry and Halliday they only watch the 3 minute YouTube video clips of games.

Really enjoyed their interview with Jamie Carragher, mainly I think because Paul Slain never said much.

Watched a couple of the hibs related interviews

To me this ferry boy is just another pretender

Like that lot on bbc on a Friday night, start to believe their own hype and their actually both pretty cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Watched a couple of the hibs related interviews

To me this ferry boy is just another pretender

Like that lot on bbc on a Friday night, start to believe their own hype and their actually both pretty cringe.
    That rocket Slane makes me want to punch myself in the face

Great interview, defo worth a listen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really enjoyed the interview, worth a listen👍

Left by mutual consent!
    The story about Cummings punching Marv in face was quite funny.

Decent interview

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Great interview. Probably the biggest insight into the Lennon era (including the infamous meeting) that I’ve heard.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    That rocket Slane makes me want to punch myself in the face
    Paul Slane has completely ruined what was a decent show

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I like Paul Slane, just nonsense but I think he’s funny.

I’m not driving as much with my work just now so don’t get to listen to them as much but used to love the podcast.

Never got into the coupon one with McAvennie and Rae as they were always interrupting each other and couldn’t be bothered with a show about English football but I thought the Scottish ones were brilliant.

Left by mutual consent!
    Lennon speech before the derby.
    Absolutely brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I’m still a fan overall of the show but I agree it seems to be getting worse.

Open goal - Good laugh and I enjoy hearing them speak about football and tell stories. Frustrating when ruin a serious, actually pretty good chat, with the same old jokes though like the stuff about Jet etc.

English podcast - Absolutely horrific. Chat about Moyes’ house and a certain type of wars....

Right in the coupon - The most serious of the 3 but they say the same stuff every week. Derek Ferguson wants to be the only person speaking and just says how much he loves Hamilton etc and I swear to god if I hear McAvennie say about Turnbull being subbed one more time.

I understand the majority of their audience will be Celtic/Rangers but it’s far too focussed on them and very rarely mention us who are 3rd, we seem to get very little credit. St Johnstone and Hamilton are bigged up more than us.

Kev Kyle i think is just deluded too, he try’s to come across smart at times and it backfires drastically. He mentioned Ross County’s tweet about Christie in the same breath as racial abuse. He also has shocking knowledge of Scottish football and the current players. He also tried to say about Shaun Rooney playing up top for Scotland....

I much prefer Scottish football to English and could probably name a full team for each of the top flight teams, I don’t study them or that but it’s genuinely not difficult. I think with the exception of Ferry and Halliday they only watch the 3 minute YouTube video clips of games.
    Bang on the money mate.

It's just the Celtic/Rangers show, Kevin Kyle is an embarrassment and when it comes to the MacAvenie one it's a difficult listen with him interrupting folk the entire time to say some meaningless sh**e about Celtic.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Anyone got a link to this.

Used to love it.

Si meets were brilliant and really insightful

KTBOTG - liked it at first, but it's a total old firm fest and turns in to the slaney show and gets a bit boring. They started to believe in their own hype. No a big fan of Kevin Kyle either. Don't feel he's that insightful and comes across as though he's some big shot

RITC - could never get in to it. Don't like either of Ferguson/McAvennie

English football - didn't even that existed. Won't be tuning in

Overall, would like Si to go back to one to one interviews. Would listen to a show if it was Si and Andy Halliday talking, think they both talk a lot of sense

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It started off with far more chat on the rest of the league but now it’s 80-90% the uglies.

Slaney being brought in gave it a more Celtic focus so they brought it in Halliday to balance it out and as a result, most of the non-OF stuff got bumped.

When they do talk about other clubs, Halliday has got a good idea what he’s talking as he’s played against these clubs recently about but Slaney hasn’t a scooby. Kyle isn’t much better.

Just watched the interview in full and it was brilliant.

Love hearing the stories and getting a bit of insight.

Some very interesting points about Stubbs not liking confrontation, Lennon being disrespectful to the more experienced players and how Heckingbottom was a brilliant coach.

He speaks brilliantly throughout, love the big man.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Very interesting. Particularly in feeling disrespected by Stubbs when he didn’t pull him aside before the cup final and also sounded like we went way too far to the opposite extreme after that. Also makes me disappointed that it didn’t work out under Hecky as he sounds like a potentially fantastic coach.

Also puts pay to any part of me wanting Cummings back again, he sounds like more than a bit of a fanny.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Just watched Marvs interview.

Didn’t find anything pre Hibs massively interesting but a good insight into Hibs and our time under Stubbs, Lennon and Heckingbottom.

Some of what he says about Lennon makes him sound like a dinosaur who he just happened to be able to tolerate, especially when he says the new school couldn’t handle it. Obviously a good bit of praise in there as well, most of it really just backs up what everyone already knew.

Interesting to hear he’d been contacted by Bournemouth regarding Heckingbottom replacing Eddie Howe in the EPL. Funny old game!

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Was a decent listen, not sure the the guy slane adds much to the interview though, have only watched the ones the ferry does himself

I think Heckingbottom is very highly respected in the game as a coach. You can see why Leeds and Hibs appointed him, especially in the "head coach" role at Hibs.. For whatever reason it just hasn't worked for him.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I think Heckingbottom is very highly respected in the game as a coach. You can see why Leeds and Hibs appointed him, especially in the "head coach" role at Hibs.. For whatever reason it just hasn't worked for him.
    Marvin said that he wanted us to play like Celtic, but it won't work if you don't have the same standard of players throughout the squad.

Much the same as why Stendel's high pressing tactics didn't work at Hearts.

@hibs.net private member
    Class interview. Loved hearing about Lenny’s first team meeting regarding getting promoted. And The pre derby speech 👏🏼👏🏼

I wonder what derby it was?

Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Class interview. Loved hearing about Lenny’s first team meeting regarding getting promoted. And The pre derby speech 👏🏼👏🏼

I wonder what derby it was?
    I’m presuming the 3-1 game? Great performance that day. Could have been 4-0 at one point had Daz’s goal not been incorrectly ruled out.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Who is the guy in the hat? Why is he there, adds zero to the interview?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Who is the guy in the hat? Why is he there, adds zero to the interview?
    Paul Slane.

Was a youth at Motherwell, went to Celtic, got binned with a pay out that was supposed to be used to pay for surgery, *****ed it up the wall on a session in Amsterdam and retired.

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    He's another one who sells his soul to the BBC, twice now he been slagging of Martin Boyle, once against Inverness in the cup last year when it was a stone wall pen and again last weekend.
    He kept saying he was his own man but when tickled by the BBC jambo producers he, like all the rest take the money to put down our team and our players.
    If that's what he prepare to say against his mate wait till they really work on him! Like McFadden who was 'glad' we missed a penalty (v Hamilton).