hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rangers PPV

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kevin Thompson doing the Rangers TV commentary was just asked if he had split loyalties today, "no split loyalties" was his response. Then said he loves the club, as in Rangers. Nailed his hun colours to the mast there.
    Cringey OTT Hun brown nosing but you'll get pelters for pointing it out on here.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Feed is rubbish for me, stop start.... anyone else... RangersTV
    I'm on IPTV and mine is stuttering like mad.
    Might just switch over to teletext haha
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Kevin Thompson doing the Rangers TV commentary was just asked if he had split loyalties today, "no split loyalties" was his response. Then said he loves the club, as in Rangers. Nailed his hun colours to the mast there.

He's on their TV ffs, what did you expect him to say, he still works as a youth coach for them remember.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Cringey OTT Hun brown nosing but you'll get pelters for pointing it out on here.
    It was cringy indeed.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    He’s employed by them as a coach and regular TV pundit. I get why he refers to them as ‘we’ and ‘us’. Still makes him a Hun prick though. You’re either with us or your against us.

Nauseating, can't stand him personally.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    He's on their TV ffs, what did you expect him to say, he still works as a youth coach for them remember.
    I get to the foaming at the mouth going mental stage then remember that then click into "aye whatever"

I'm a bit like that watching England games as well... get all hot and bothered, then think... English commentator, English game, mostly English audience so fair do's.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    I get to the foaming at the mouth going mental stage then remember that then click into "aye whatever"

I'm a bit like that watching England games as well... get all hot and bothered, then think... English commentator, English game, mostly English audience so fair do's.

Have to remember he's not commentating for us Hibs fans, it's for Rangers fans on Rangers TV.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Have to remember he's not commentating for us Hibs fans, it's for Rangers fans on Rangers TV.
    Yup, exactly

So, are you saying he's lying for the benefit of watching Rangers fans?

He could say he has an affinity to both clubs, Hibs were his team as a boy but he's now a Rangers fan ect.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Tin hat on the Hibs commentator isn’t much better

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    He could say he has an affinity to both clubs, Hibs were his team as a boy but he's now a Rangers fan ect.
    Why? Maybe he does prefer rangers. Who actually cares? Weird thing with football fans clinging on to former players like ex girlfriends. 'See he still likes us'

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    So, are you saying he's lying for the benefit of watching Rangers fans?

He had a career there and is now a coach, are you saying he can't say good things about Rangers because he supported us. Many players have successful careers at clubs they didn't support.

He had a career there and is now a coach, are you saying he can't say good things about Rangers because he supported us. Many players have successful careers at clubs they didn't support.
    Not at all, he can say what he likes about the club he loves.
    But you & others are suggesting he's just doing it because he's commentating for Huns, doesn't really mean it etc.
    So he's either being dishonest to impress the Hun hordes, or he genuinely loves the club.
    Either way he can GTF as far as I'm concerned, but each to their own.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I’ve always defended KT, but was disappointed in his comments today.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I used to defend him all the time too but I can now see I was wrong. He’s an arrogant slime ball and I’m actually not sure why he’s tried to defend himself so much as being a Hibee previously.

Clearly no longer a fan of the Hibees. Talked a lot of crap.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Who cares about Thomson he's a hun now. So what.
    Tyldesley was good, did his homework.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Who cares about Thomson he's a hun now. So what.
    Tyldesley was good, did his homework.
    Apart from the we and us from KT I actually didn't mind the commentary, always going to be biased as its rangers TV but I've heard a lot worse

Not at all, he can say what he likes about the club he loves.
    But you & others are suggesting he's just doing it because he's commentating for Huns, doesn't really mean it etc.
    So he's either being dishonest to impress the Hun hordes, or he genuinely loves the club.
    Either way he can GTF as far as I'm concerned, but each to their own.

I have never once said that, he played 3 seasons at Ibrox and is now a youth coach there, he'll have fond memories of both clubs but as an employee of Rangers he's not going to go on their TV channel and suck up to Hibs because of his historical pat with us, he's a pro ffs. I would think he has a strong affinity to Rangers who have done well by him as a player and now a coach, no matter what you think of their background and history players can become attached to a club. Alan Stubbs is a big Everton man but has a great affinity to Celtic and Hibs, if you listen to him on Celtic TV it's all about them but that's not to say he doesn't have a soft spot for Hibs and what he achieved here. People too het up about ex players and who they do or don't support, people will tell you once you become a pro who you supported as a lad means nothing, look at John Robertson at Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Why? Maybe he does prefer rangers. Who actually cares? Weird thing with football fans clinging on to former players like ex girlfriends. 'See he still likes us'
    I'm perfectly happy for him to be a hun. He's well thought of by their fans. Has done more for them than he ever did for us. His love for them reflects his quotes on earning his move there. All of that is fine.

It is the folk who come on here and try and claim he's a big hibs fan at heart and was misquoted in the press that I can't abide - that just doesn't reflect the reality of what we've seen and continue to see. Save it. Accept what he is. And let him crack on.

I would have paid £30 to be there, as there's no alternative way to gain entry, watching on a screen is an entirely different experience, which I won't pay a tenner for when it will be available free, albeit possibly a poorer quality picture. Seems entirely logical to me.
    That’s your choice. It’s the ‘oh I won’t give Rangers a penny’ comments that make no sense if you’d go to ibrox to watch Hibs. Also the fact that even when fans are allowed in you can get a stream for free to watch it, nobody is forced to pay the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I'm perfectly happy for him to be a hun. He's well thought of by their fans. Has done more for them than he ever did for us. His love for them reflects his quotes on earning his move there. All of that is fine.

It is the folk who come on here and try and claim he's a big hibs fan at heart and was misquoted in the press that I can't abide - that just doesn't reflect the reality of what we've seen and continue to see. Save it. Accept what he is. And let him crack on.
    He started today by saying he was a boyhood Hibs fan and Rangers fans have accepted that. He still doesn’t hide that fact.

Never mind the commentary, my stream was freezing repeatedly in the 2nd half. Anyone else have similar issues?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    “Could watch that all day” after Kent scored against Hibs ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Never mind the commentary, my stream was freezing repeatedly in the 2nd half. Anyone else have similar issues?
    Mine was on rangers TV but it was an issue their end. Swapped to hibs TV and all was good

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    That’s your choice. It’s the ‘oh I won’t give Rangers a penny’ comments that make no sense if you’d go to ibrox to watch Hibs. Also the fact that even when fans are allowed in you can get a stream for free to watch it, nobody is forced to pay the money.
    Watching a stream & being at a game are completely different things, otherwise nobody would ever go to a game home or away would they?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post

Watching a stream & being at a game are completely different things, otherwise nobody would ever go to a game home or away would they?
    It’s still a choice. My point was the ‘not giving Rangers money’ though and then admitting they already do when going to games. That’s hypocritical.