hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not a Scottish Government decision though. The SFA have agreed with Uefa.

No need to bring politics into it.
    If you believe that the government are not at the heart of the decision, then you are mistaken.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I get that, but cup final was due to be played initially on the 8th May, to give the pitch time to be prepared

Ah, OK, I didn't realise that.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Ah, OK, I didn't realise that.

And you live across the road from Hampden😳

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    If you believe that the government are not at the heart of the decision, then you are mistaken.
    What proof do you have of that other than the little pixies dancing around in your head telling you.

Doubtless the Scottish Government are pleased as it should reduce risk but any reports you read say clearly that it is Uefa saying Hampden cannot be used. SFA seems happy with that.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post

sounds serious and you have a source, tell us more

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    The crazy think is, you’ll be able to watch it in the pub from 17th May
    What is healthier, at the game or in the pub?
    It's completely bonkers. You can stop folk going to the game, but if Hibs win the Cup there will be thousands heading down Easter Road to welcome the team back or just to celebrate. How will they prevent that ?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    What proof do you have of that other than the little pixies dancing around in your head telling you.

Doubtless the Scottish Government are pleased as it should reduce risk but any reports you read say clearly that it is Uefa saying Hampden cannot be used. SFA seems happy with that.
    One of the OF will get dumped out of the Cup next round. If the other Bigot fails to get to the final, they should just move it to another ground where some fans can watch it. MUCh more meaningful and important than playing it in an empty, dilapidated ground in Glasgow.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    It's completely bonkers. You can stop folk going to the game, but if Hibs win the Cup there will be thousands heading down Easter Road to welcome the team back or just to celebrate. How will they prevent that ?
    They could prevent that by asking the team not to return to Edinburgh

@hibs.net private member
    One of the OF will get dumped out of the Cup next round. If the other Bigot fails to get to the final, they should just move it to another ground where some fans can watch it. MUCh more meaningful and important than playing it in an empty, dilapidated ground in Glasgow.
    Couldn't agree more.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    It’s an SFA and UEFA decision, contact them with your thoughts. Let us know what the reply says. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    Won't make a difference if the team fly to the moon afterwards. If Hibs win the Scottish cup there will be thousands out on the streets absolutely guaranteed.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Totally agree but it will be down to money, they would have to rent another ground rather than the nothing it costs for Hampden.

Just play it at whoever loses the oldfirm this round. Crazy to think that fans will actually be allowed in but we aren't letting them in.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    Sort of like banishment you mean?

Yet the FA Cup Final at Wembley (also a Euro 2020 stadium) is going ahead with fans present on the 15th of May.

Why the difference?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Just play it at whoever loses the oldfirm this round. Crazy to think that fans will actually be allowed in but we aren't letting them in.
    Will fans be allowed in? If so then it’s an absolute joke. I would have thought though that Scot Gov will have (inexplicably) indicated they don’t want fans in.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I think the final will be moved away from Hampden but they’ll wait and see who wins the old firm cup game before deciding what venue to use.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Will fans be allowed in? If so then it’s an absolute joke. I would have thought though that Scot Gov will have (inexplicably) indicated they don’t want fans in.
    17th may is when crowds can return at reduced capacity.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I think the final will be moved away from Hampden but they’ll wait and see who wins the old firm cup game before deciding what venue to use.
    Would think so. Covid would be one thing but if any amount of fans are allowed at that point the prep for the Euros excuse cannot be acceptable.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Would think so. Covid would be one thing but if any amount of fans are allowed at that point the prep for the Euros excuse cannot be acceptable.
    Apart from anything it would be in everyone’s interests to have fans in for the final.

Absolutely nobody would gain from there being no fans there and it would be a tough one to justify from a political or health/covid perspective if there is due to be a relatively large crowd at Hampden a short while later.

They’ll present it as a successful negotiation closer to the time I think. If they said 25% will be at the final now, the period between now and then would be spent with people wanting bigger crowds in for it.

Sure there will be some crowd in for the final, regardless of what is being said now.

Apart from anything it would be in everyone’s interests to have fans in for the final.

Absolutely nobody would gain from there being no fans there and it would be a tough one to justify from a political or health/covid perspective if there is due to be a relatively large crowd at Hampden a short while later.

They’ll present it as a successful negotiation closer to the time I think. If they said 25% will be at the final now, the period between now and then would be spent with people wanting bigger crowds in for it.

Sure there will be some crowd in for the final, regardless of what is being said now.
    I think the opposite, I think it’ll be a cop out and they’ll put it down to ‘we had to do it just to get fans in for the Euros’ or ‘there wasn’t enough time between announcement of lifting restrictions to match day’. As soon as Sturgeon advises 17th May restrictions are to be lifted then there should be immediate pressure from the sponsors and finalists to have fans in. SFA should be preparing for best case (25%) scenario now, with worst case already pencilled in.

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    They're scared that the hibees get to the final, win it and rip up the pitch again

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar

Given the liklihood that either one of the erse cheeks will be there any crowd would be quadrupled by fans looking to get in, buy or steal briefs. Supporters will likely have to all make their own way. Bus hires will be too expensive as they cannot be filled to capacity. Muggers paradise IMO

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post
    They're scared that the hibees get to the final, win it and rip up the pitch again
    I will be targeting my neighbours lawn for an outpouring of exuberance if we win the cup.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

It does look like a decision motivated by a lack of trust in how fans will behave rather than the 'Uefa controls the stadium' nonsense.
    Wembley aiming for 21,000 at FA Cup on 15 May - that's the day after Uefa assume control... There is also an expectation for fans to attend the various play-off finals over 29-31 May weekend.
    I think the SFA purchase of Hampden stipulates that the stadium is used for all major finals but surely it could be shifted under these exceptional circumstances.
    It should be a valuable exercise before the Euros start.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    There’s going to be a small number of fans in for the league cup final in England. 2k each I think.

United we stand here....