hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kudela

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People saying it's right there is punishment for the assault are saying that because it's a Rangers player. If it has been a Hibs (or Celtic) player that had assaulted a racist, then people on here would be applauding that player. Rightfully so.

Don't downplay what a ****bag someone is for being a racist because you don't like Rangers. The Slavia player got away very lenient and Kamara shouldn't have any ban.
    Well, this is nonsense.

There is no downplaying - only you mentioned Rangers and every reply has said the punishment for racism wasn’t enough.

Assault is assault though - most people don’t react to an injustice by assaulting someone. Perhaps you do go through life like that but ordinarily assault is punished.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Well, this is nonsense.

There is no downplaying - only you mentioned Rangers and every reply has said the punishment for racism wasn’t enough.

Assault is assault though - most people don’t react to an injustice by assaulting someone. Perhaps you do go through life like that but ordinarily assault is punished.
    Exactly.

I think the vast majority of level-minded posters on here would criticise physical assault as revenge, regardless of who the player represents. They certainly wouldn’t be arguing that the player should go unpunished.

I for one wouldn’t want young Hibs fans learning from their idols that beating people up is the way to solve issues within the game or life.

We are all totally against racism and completely sympathetic to Kamara. Making out like attacking people is okay doesn’t make someone any more righteous in their support.

What did Suarez get - 8 games?

People saying it's right there is punishment for the assault are saying that because it's a Rangers player. If it has been a Hibs (or Celtic) player that had assaulted a racist, then people on here would be applauding that player. Rightfully so.

Don't downplay what a ****bag someone is for being a racist because you don't like Rangers. The Slavia player got away very lenient and Kamara shouldn't have any ban.
    I can't speak for everyone but that's not the case with me. Regardless of what's been said, assault cannot be condoned.

I think a suspended ban strikes a good balance between recognising that Kamara's response was unacceptable but he did face severe provocation and (I believe) he does not have a history of violent conduct.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Said at the time that if the boy got a sore face then I wouldn’t have had any sympathy for the racist prick, but you can’t condone assault and so it’s right that Kamara has some form of sanction. Given the circumstances, a suspended sentence would have been more appropriate - he’s the victim in this situation, not the racist.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I realise it's all a matter of opinion but I think a ten game ban sounds fair enough.

However, I'd like to see more punishments dished out to clubs where there's been large scale racism shown by the Fans of said club. Sadly. that's something that seem to be on the rise in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Said at the time that if the boy got a sore face then I wouldn’t have had any sympathy for the racist prick, but you can’t condone assault and so it’s right that Kamara has some form of sanction. Given the circumstances, a suspended sentence would have been more appropriate - he’s the victim in this situation, not the racist.
    I can’t agree with that Matty.

Regardless of how much of a prick Kudela was, Kamara can’t get away with lamping him. It’s not even as if it was done in the heat of the moment either, he waited for him coming off the pitch a good while after the incident and clocked him. It’s violent conduct and he deserves what he got.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    I can’t agree with that Matty.

Regardless of how much of a prick Kudela was, Kamara can’t get away with lamping him. It’s not even as if it was done in the heat of the moment either, he waited for him coming off the pitch a good while after the incident and clocked him. It’s violent conduct and he deserves what he got.
    I think there’s a case to take mitigating circumstances into consideration and the player’s lack of previous into account.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

10 games isn't enough for me. It should be a 3 or 6 month ban. Nothing stopping the Czechs setting up some Diddy friendlies now.
    Whilst I have absolute sympathy for Kamara, I think its right he got a ban. Roofes ban surprised me a bit, but I don't know if there was any malice behind it or not?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Well, this is nonsense.

If he had smacked the boy when he said it then I could see the argument for defending Kamara, but it was after the game. After the incident. That's not to downplay what was said to him at all...but there's clear a difference between an instant reaction to something, and a premeditated attack later on. Kamara deserves the ban.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    10 games isn't enough for me. It should be a 3 or 6 month ban. Nothing stopping the Czechs setting up some Diddy friendlies now.
    Whilst I have absolute sympathy for Kamara, I think its right he got a ban. Roofes ban surprised me a bit, but I don't know if there was any malice behind it or not?
    10 games will be about 3 months, roughly, won't it?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    10 games will be about 3 months, roughly, won't it?
    Is it 10 European games?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Is it 10 European games?
    Good point, I'm not actually sure.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Is it 10 European games?
    From the bbc.

Consequently, he missed Slavia's 1-1 draw at Arsenal last week and will now also be ineligible for the next nine games played by either Slavia in Europe or the Czech Republic national team, which will almost certainly include the Euros.

Is it 10 European games?
    It's a UEFA ban so since he's already served a one match ban he'll miss the next nine games played either by Slavia Prague in Europe or by the Czech Republic national team.

He's eligible to play for Slavia Prague in their league and domestic cup matches.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    They had a chance to make a major statement here. If you want to stop this happening, ban him for a year. A 10 game ban proves FIFA arent serious about stamping it out.

I think players strikes aren’t far off.
    I don’t think anybody would have been disappointed had they given him a year. However, a 10 game ban is almost unheard of in football so I’m not sure it proves that FIFA aren’t serious.

Who would the player have appealed to if he’d been given a year? I presume it would be an independent body? It would almost certainly have been downgraded if he’d been given that and an independent body looked at it.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    It's a UEFA ban so since he's already served a one match ban he'll miss the next nine games played either by Slavia Prague in Europe or by the Czech Republic national team.

He's eligible to play for Slavia Prague in their league and domestic cup matches.
    Is it likely he’d have played in the Euros for the Czechs?

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Is it likely he’d have played in the Euros for the Czechs?
    He has played in their most recent matches so I think he would have been a certainty to have at least made the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I don’t think anybody would have been disappointed had they given him a year. However, a 10 game ban is almost unheard of in football so I’m not sure it proves that FIFA aren’t serious.

Who would the player have appealed to if he’d been given a year? I presume it would be an independent body? It would almost certainly have been downgraded if he’d been given that and an independent body looked at it.
    International Court for Arbitration of Sport, who are not going to look favourably on racists. And in a last resort he could go to the EU under restraint of trade I think.

But really FIFA could have done whatever they saw fit. 10 games is weaker than nuns piss.

😂 what a load of nonsense. Couldn’t care who it was, whether it was a footballer or just a random person on the street, assault should not be let go lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

If he had smacked the boy when he said it then I could see the argument for defending Kamara, but it was after the game. After the incident. That's not to downplay what was said to him at all...but there's clear a difference between an instant reaction to something, and a premeditated attack later on. Kamara deserves the ban.
    Has it even been confirmed that the player Kamara assaulted was Kudela? Reports I’ve read just say a ‘player’.

At 34 Kudela has done himself big damage by his behaviour.
    Can't play in the Euro's or World Cup Qualifiers for his country or in Europe for his club so it is a decent
    punishment.
    A sad aspect is he is still denying wrongdoing through his legal team. It will interesting to see if he appeals the verdict or punishment.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 15-04-2021 at 01:34 AM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    He has played in their most recent matches so I think he would have been a certainty to have at least made the squad.
    That’s good that he’ll miss the euros, maybe it will make him reflect on what’s an idiot he’s been.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    That’s good that he’ll miss the euros, maybe it will make him reflect on what’s an idiot he’s been.
    And missing out on the Euros will definitely live with him for the rest of his puff. A lot to ponder over for this guy.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    At 34 Kudela has done himself big damage by his behaviour.
    Can't play in the Euro's or World Cup Qualifiers for his country or in Europe for his club so it is a decent
    punishment.
    A sad aspect is he is still denying wrongdoing through his legal team. It will interesting to see if he appeals the verdict or punishment.
    If he’s going to continue to deny it then he pretty much has to appeal it I’d say.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Has it even been confirmed that the player Kamara assaulted was Kudela? Reports I’ve read just say a ‘player’.
    Just a “guy”.

@hibs.net private member
    If he’s going to continue to deny it then he pretty much has to appeal it I’d say.
    Apparently the ban can be increased after appeal so that might put him off.

Has he not apologised though?

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Has he not apologised though?
    I’m sure I heard or read that a S. Prague official blankly apologised for the incident happening but not the incident itself. And I know that phrase wording if correct isn’t being abhorrent to racism. But I’m not a media outlet !

@hibs.net private member
    However, a 10 game ban is almost unheard of in football so I’m not sure it proves that FIFA aren’t serious.
    Kieran Trippier was given a 10 week ban (12-14 matches) for telling his mate he was moving to Spain, breaking betting regulations. Good they’ve got their priorities in order
    Last edited by BoomtownHibees; 15-04-2021 at 09:29 AM.