hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kudela

Left by mutual consent!

Kudela

Be interesting in June when Kudela plays Scotland at Hampden.

Wonder if the Czechs will field him?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Be interesting in June when Kudela plays Scotland at Hampden.

Wonder if the Czechs will field him?

Unless he has been suspended by then, I'm not sure why they wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Unless he has been suspended by then, I'm not sure why they wouldn't.
    I think there was initially some talk that he wouldn't travel to Wales the other week due to fears that he would be arrested if he entered the UK but he eventually travelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I think there was initially some talk that he wouldn't travel to Wales the other week due to fears that he would be arrested if he entered the UK but he eventually travelled.
    He’s never travelled to the Arsenal game tonight. Very conveniently injured. Allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    He’s never travelled to the Arsenal game tonight. Very conveniently injured. Allegedly.
    He’s banned. He got a 1 game ban while they investigate.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    He’s banned. He got a 1 game ban while they investigate.
    Yeah, 1 game ban because it was clear he abused another player. They are now trying to assess what form the abuse took.

I’m not sure Kamara’s lawyer has been helpful but I guess he knows who his audience is, by essentially saying that evidence has been provided and so they should move on to sentencing. Not sure how his normal lawyering would work on that basis. At the same time has criticised the length of the ban even though he knows it isn’t the final judgement...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Yeah, 1 game ban because it was clear he abused another player. They are now trying to assess what form the abuse took.

I’m not sure Kamara’s lawyer has been helpful but I guess he knows who his audience is, by essentially saying that evidence has been provided and so they should move on to sentencing. Not sure how his normal lawyering would work on that basis. At the same time has criticised the length of the ban even though he knows it isn’t the final judgement...
    Just strange for me. I’ve never heard of someone being given a provisional ban dependant on the outcome of an investigation. Too many sound bites from uefa instead of just getting on with it.

Coaching Staff
    Just strange for me. I’ve never heard of someone being given a provisional ban dependant on the outcome of an investigation. Too many sound bites from uefa instead of just getting on with it.
    Don’t think it is provisional as such. It is a 1 game ban regardless because it is clear he abused another player.

The investigation is whether the nature of that abuse means he is guilty of a further offence.

Don’t think it is provisional as such. It is a 1 game ban regardless because it is clear he abused another player.

The investigation is whether the nature of that abuse means he is guilty of a further offence.
    Apologies I read it as a provisional, pending investigation, have only read the headlines about it and not the finer details however.

Coaching Staff
    Apologies I read it as a provisional, pending investigation, have only read the headlines about it and not the finer details however.
    Don’t think anyone involved has made it very clear! You do wonder how it can possibly take this long to figure out what happened.

Don’t think anyone involved has made it very clear! You do wonder how it can possibly take this long to figure out what happened.
    Especially when there isn’t going to be any specific evidence pinning him. So all they have just now is all they will ever have, witness statements, refs report etc. Baffles me why it takes so long to conduct these proceedings.

Coaching Staff
    Especially when there isn’t going to be any specific evidence pinning him. So all they have just now is all they will ever have, witness statements, refs report etc. Baffles me why it takes so long to conduct these proceedings.
    They are probably very nervous because I doubt it can be proved.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    They are probably very nervous because I doubt it can be proved.
    I’ve wondered about this.

The idea that the Prague player said “you ****ing guy” is clearly ludicrous but can any judge say that? Can judges only deal with cold hard facts or can they make a judgement call?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’ve wondered about this.

The idea that the Prague player said “you ****ing guy” is clearly ludicrous but can any judge say that? Can judges only deal with cold hard facts or can they make a judgement call?
    If it goes to court it needs to be "beyond reasonable doubt" in order to secure a conviction.

A UEFA hearing won't require the same level of proof, they'll just deal in the balance of probabilities.

If it goes to court it needs to be "beyond reasonable doubt" in order to secure a conviction.

A UEFA hearing won't require the same level of proof, they'll just deal in the balance of probabilities.
    I’d imagine with witnesses though it isn’t just simply 1 vs the other, although no microphones picked it up, I’d expect you can still get a conviction off witnesses.

I’d imagine with witnesses though it isn’t just simply 1 vs the other, although no microphones picked it up, I’d expect you can still get a conviction off witnesses.
    Yep if it goes to court then corroboration from a witness would help in securing a conviction in terms of the offence being proved "beyond reasonable doubt". It's hard to see a conviction in court without any witness evidence.

With a UEFA hearing I doubt evidence from a witness would be required, particularly with the nonsense explanation being offered by Kudela. Although I'm sure it would certainly help to have a witness.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think it's pretty shocking he had to cover his gob when he muttered his filth to Kamara.

Should tell the authorities all they need to know. Disgraceful!

First Team Regular dalkeith stu's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibeestu07
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    I think it's pretty shocking he had to cover his gob when he muttered his filth to Kamara.

Should tell the authorities all they need to know. Disgraceful!

Doesn't prove anything with top players now!!!
    Watch any game at tbe weekend and 99% of players will be covering their mouths when talking to each other.

Banned for 10 games serves him right.... Should have been longer

Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    Banned for 10 games serves him right.... Should have been longer
    I understand that by making this decision UEFA has ruled that Kudela has racially abused Kamara and if that is the case then the ban should have been a lot longer than 10 matches in my opinion.

I also personally feel that Kamara's ban should have been suspended for a year given the provocation.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I understand that by making this decision UEFA has ruled that Kudela has racially abused Kamara and if that is the case then the ban should have been a lot longer than 10 matches in my opinion.

I also personally feel that Kamara's ban should have been suspended for a year given the provocation.

Twelve month ban for me minimum. I'd say a lifetime ban but that doesn't give the opportunity for someone to regret their actions and change their character.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Coaching Staff

Should be a year if they are serious about this.

On the assault though, provocation or not assaulting folk isn’t the way to deal with it.

On the assault though, provocation or not assaulting folk isn’t the way to deal with it.
    I agree assault's not the way to deal with it and I think a suspended ban was the way to deal with it and activate it if there had been any further acts of violence from Kamara within the next year.

As far as I'm aware he's not got a violent past.

Yep, don’t think anyone should be unpunished for assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

Twelve month ban for me minimum. I'd say a lifetime ban but that doesn't give the opportunity for someone to regret their actions and change their character.
    A lifetime ban for a comment (no matter how bad)? What other crimes would warrant a lifetime ban?

I agree assault's not the way to deal with it and I think a suspended ban was the way to deal with it and activate it if there had been any further acts of violence from Kamara within the next year.

As far as I'm aware he's not got a violent past.
    Disagree. Assault is still pretty serious. He needs to sit out games. A suspended ban doesn't send out a strong enough message.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    A lifetime ban for a comment (no matter how bad)? What other crimes would warrant a lifetime ban?
    If I was to make a racist comment to a colleague or a guest at our work, I'd not work in the industry again.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

They had a chance to make a major statement here. If you want to stop this happening, ban him for a year. A 10 game ban proves FIFA arent serious about stamping it out.

I think players strikes aren’t far off.

@hibs.net private member
    People saying it's right there is punishment for the assault are saying that because it's a Rangers player. If it has been a Hibs (or Celtic) player that had assaulted a racist, then people on here would be applauding that player. Rightfully so.

Don't downplay what a ****bag someone is for being a racist because you don't like Rangers. The Slavia player got away very lenient and Kamara shouldn't have any ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    If I was to make a racist comment to a colleague or a guest at our work, I'd not work in the industry again.
    That would be because prospective employers chose not to hire you would it not? Very different from being banned.....