hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Agm

Coaching Staff
    In terms of the team and Jack Ross he suggested that the playing squad he inherited were happy to bump along winning one, drawing one, and losing one and that he had worked hard with them on keeping up a win every game mentality. He said that future additions to the squad would also help with this.

Wants more natural width on the left. Feels we have it on the right with Boyle and Cadden but not on the left.

We’ve been lucky to manage with 2 main strikers - wants another one.

We could do with more goals from midfield but it is also something he is working on with the current squad. Magennis will help this. He had had a tough year but this year was also an introduction for him - expects him to be a major contributor from next year.

Pitch wise we are doing work this year to renovate it and make improvements to how we maintain it. Hybrid should be in the plans but probably a few years out.

They are looking to have 2 pitches at HTC that are as close as possible to the Easter Road pitch.

Small improvement in player areas and the barn at HTC but a multi year plan being put together for making the most of HTC. Ron thinks this could be what takes club to next level.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Are we still looking to double the player budget etc? I know that was spoken about before but is that still the case?

A young player going south was mentioned above, was that Murray Johnson? There was chat Ethan Laidlaw was away at Leeds on trial too. Assume we are getting a substantial fee?

Has the pandemic stopped any of the things he spoke of at last years AGM, I know there were more things than the big screens mentioned? Any idea if anything’s been canned?

Sounds like good stuff overall though, sure we’ll see a summary in the press shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Up The Bracket View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we still looking to double the player budget etc? I know that was spoken about before but is that still the case?

A young player going south was mentioned above, was that Murray Johnson? There was chat Ethan Laidlaw was away at Leeds on trial too. Assume we are getting a substantial fee?

Has the pandemic stopped any of the things he spoke of at last years AGM, I know there were more things than the big screens mentioned? Any idea if anything’s been canned?

Sounds like good stuff overall though, sure we’ll see a summary in the press shortly.
    They stated that all the imporovements to the stadium and the training centre are still going ahead and that some of them have already been completed. There's a new PA sound system that has been installed at Easter Road for example. Improvements to both outdoor and indoor facilities at HTC still planned for this summer also.

Agm

Quote Originally Posted by Steve88 View Post
    Haaland is left footed...
    I know a left footed striker that could possibly enhance our team......

Sorry thanks for the update folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Understand that fan return to stadiums is out of our control, but from what was said/discussed about it here, what is the clubs degree of certainty in having fans return by 1) first home game of the league KO 2) back to normal...

Very professional.Ron enjoyed himself.Very heartening to see.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve88 View Post
    Understand that fan return to stadiums is out of our control, but from what was said/discussed about it here, what is the clubs degree of certainty in having fans return by 1) first home game of the league KO 2) back to normal...
    Ron thought back to normal by the autumn.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I think in the end we’ll get maybe £3-4 million from the selling on of McGinn. Not the ££££££ some were hoping for but definitely an extremely welcome cash boost whenever it happens.

im personally glad that St Mirren will do alright out of it too. SJM is an extremely honourable young man and he makes sure his previous clubs are alright and looked after.

@hibs.net private member Pete70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Chris corrected Ron after Ron said "it's 20% with 30% of that due to St Mirren".
    Chris Gaunt corrected him by twice saying "with 15%" which I took to mean it was 20% with 15% due to St Mirren.
    That's the way I took it.

Also Rod has previously said the STM cut is nowhere near 30% so this would confirm that.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    I think in the end we’ll get maybe £3-4 million from the selling on of McGinn. Not the ££££££ some were hoping for but definitely an extremely welcome cash boost whenever it happens.

im personally glad that St Mirren will do alright out of it too. SJM is an extremely honourable young man and he makes sure his previous clubs are alright and looked after.
    I’m not so sure he will get sold on anymore. Villa have probably grown as a team this year to the level where he doesn’t need to go anywhere else and I’m not sure the top 5 or 6 would want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    They stated that all the imporovements to the stadium and the training centre are still going ahead and that some of them have already been completed. There's a new PA sound system that has been installed at Easter Road for example. Improvements to both outdoor and indoor facilities at HTC still planned for this summer also.
    Cheers! Seems like they didn’t go into the lower level detail like last season but I suppose when we don’t know if there’s likely to be supporters in, I get that.

Good stuff about HTC

If only i was in Bulgaria with access to a Balcony.

That all sounds very exciting and i absolutely love Hibs.

That wasn't a bad AGM, lots of positive, upbeat messages but still a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I’m not so sure he will get sold on anymore. Villa have probably grown as a team this year to the level where he doesn’t need to go anywhere else and I’m not sure the top 5 or 6 would want him.
    Agreed. Villa have been playing SJM deep recently and his performances have slid.

If they were to get relegated though there would be a few clubs looking to buy him I imagine..

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    So in summary...

Still some investment needed in the infrastructure.

Not entirely clear what the SJM sell on / St Mirren windfall might be.

Some unspecified benefits for ST holders

Pie debate

This is excellent. Ron is showing he really gets and understands this club, by supplying some ammo for the usual debates but not really settling them.

If he’d said something vague about flags it would have been a real mic drop moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete70 View Post

Also Rod has previously said the STM cut is nowhere near 30% so this would confirm that.
    No it was made perfectly clear at the end. We get 15% and give Saints 30% of our 15%.

Coaching Staff

No, confirmed as 15% sell on and roughly 30% of that would be due to St Mirren.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post

We've already made more than that. We got 2.8 upfront and have cleared a couple more million since in performance related fees. We have done very well out of SJM

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    Good to hear HSL could be given representation on the board (if I understood a previous post). Done a great job this season supporting the club.
    Is this as well as, or instead of a fans director role?

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    That all sounds good to me, great to hear lots of positivity coming out of the club considering what's gone on elsewhere in the last year

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Is this as well as, or instead of a fans director role?

Imo there are two things here - a fan liaison, and fan representation on the board.

Kieran has done a truly excellent job with the former, helping supporters get queries and requests sorted, providing updates from the club etc.

But a properly functioning board - by its nature - will sometimes discuss sensitive or controversial subjects, and it’s difficult to have a fan on there who then is conflicted about what they can and cannot share with the wider fanbase.

I’d be very happy to have HSL represented on the board, but while that individual should be accessible, I wouldn’t expect to hear from them every month.

No, confirmed as 15% sell on and roughly 30% of that would be due to St Mirren.
    Fair enough, I must have missed that bit.

Still, if SJM is sold for £50m we still pocket around an extra £5m bringing his total fee to us to just under £8m plus what we received in performance incentives after Villa got promoted.

Of course this is just an example. SJM could be sold for more, less or not at all.

Last edited by Pete70; 07-04-2021 at 04:01 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    It all sounds very positive with Ron, once again, making all the right noises having already shown that he's willing to speculate/invest.

He's definitely more open and gives more detail about specifics than we've been used to. for the past 2-3 decades

Onward & upward!

First Team Regular
    Fair enough, I must have missed that bit.

Still, if SJM is sold for £50m we still pocket around an extra £5m bringing his total fee to us to just under £8m plus what we received in performance incentives after Villa got promoted.

Of course this is just an example. SJM could be sold for more, less or not at all.

For every £1,000,000 we would get £105,000. St Mirren gets £45,000. Dependant on the 15%/30% distribution being correct.

How many people were on the zoom?

Coaching Staff
    I did think it was slightly odd that there was no actual AGM notice before hand with the resolutions and proxy voting etc. Judging by the way the voting was done today I think there's been a bit of an oversight possibly with the handover to the new Head of Finance. There was reference to Notice of AGM which was never given and voting was essentially passed on Ron's shareholding!

Agree with this.

I don’t see him being sold, not in his prime anyway.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Was Leeann mentioned at all?

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    We've already made more than that. We got 2.8 upfront and have cleared a couple more million since in performance related fees. We have done very well out of SJM
    I know all that. I still expect us to get at least £3 million more from the selling on if/when he leaves Villa. And that’s after St Mirren get their cut.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Was Leeann mentioned at all?
    Yes, thanked up front for her contribution to where we are today and in moving to get us in as good a position as possible when Covid hit.