hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Winning individual battles while not functioning as a team/back Maloney

Did anyone else notice this tonight and Saturday?

It's not a major criticism because maybe and hopefully the team shape will come as we learn what our best 11 is and the qualities but tonight I seen loads of occasions where our players where winning battles, then there was no team shape and it was like was no instruction for if your teammate wins the battle/ball be prepared and available in the pitch it was nowhere to go a lot of the times.

We don't look anywhere near a functioning footballing side with really good prospects is probably what I should have kept it to.

Hopefully the players are learning to play as a team as Maloney is learning to becoming a manager. I'm genuinely more enthusiastic to his appointment than I've been since he's came in.

He really does need to be backed by the support, he's not a ****** like Butcher and is trying something new, something he's willing to place his really not bad reputation on that will come good for the benefit of our club.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thought the shape was all right tonight.

We don’t function, IMO, because we have nobody to take the ball in the middle of the park. Then, if we bypass the midfield, we have nobody to hold it up.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anyone else notice this tonight and Saturday?

It's not a major criticism because maybe and hopefully the team shape will come as we learn what our best 11 is and the qualities but tonight I seen loads of occasions where our players where winning battles, then there was no team shape and it was like was no instruction for if your teammate wins the battle/ball be prepared and available in the pitch it was nowhere to go a lot of the times.

We don't look anywhere near a functioning footballing side with really good prospects is probably what I should have kept it to.

Hopefully the players are learning to play as a team as Maloney is learning to becoming a manager. I'm genuinely more enthusiastic to his appointment than I've been since he's came in.

He really does need to be backed by the support, he's not a ****** like Butcher and is trying something new, something he's willing to place his really not bad reputation on that will come good for the benefit of our club.
    He just doesn’t have the personnel, especially in the middle of the park, to play the way he wants to. The Hearts game was an anomaly, the players fed off the atmosphere and vice versa. I’m like you, Maloney is trying to change a whole philosophy of the club and believe that in time, it’ll come to fruition. We might just need to wade through a lot of ***** until we get there.

Left by mutual consent!
    Again though it would be lazy to just blame the midfield for the structure of the side. The midfield won lots of individual battles tonight and at time looked up and Nisbet was kicking about along side them. Why isn't there a plan if player a wins and has the ball player b is there in front looking etc. It's basic shape of the team.

I would go as far as saying tonight they werent better than us man for man.