hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Marciano Back

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87

Marciano Back

Just been reading Marciano will be in against Rangers. Fair enough, he is out first choice after all.

I would like to see Macey told he will be in goal for the remainder of the cup competition/once we have secured 3rd. If we are serious about signing him as the new no1 when rocky leaves I would like to him get as much game time as possible.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I hope Macey renews and gets games. I think he looks pretty good.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope Macey renews and gets games. I think he looks pretty good.
    Yeah, I think he looks excellent. Commanding figure, seems to be a decent shot stopper and not uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I don't think we'll keep Macey on. Marciano very much the number 1 so should play every game between now and the end of the season.

I've seen Dabrowski twice. Hasn't made anything like a mistake in 180 minutes. Not much to do either game, mind.
    Shilton was in the news this week. He played 1st team at 16. I think Goram was 17.
    Not heard a bad word about Dabrowski from Cowden or Sons or anyone at the club. Almost have to wonder why we have a youth programme sometimes.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Strongest keeper in every game until 3rd is clinched and we get as far in the cup as possible. Once 3rd is clinched, i'd like to see what Dabrowski can do.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectly Loud View Post
    I've seen Dabrowski twice. Hasn't made anything like a mistake in 180 minutes. Not much to do either game, mind.
    Shilton was in the news this week. He played 1st team at 16. I think Goram was 17.
    Not heard a bad word about Dabrowski from Cowden or Sons or anyone at the club. Almost have to wonder why we have a youth programme sometimes.
    Agreed.If Dabrowski is not ready for the first team now,he never will be.

Rather play our best keeper for the remainder of the season and I believe that to be Rocky.

I doubt we'll get Macey. The dubious list of wages that appeared here last week had him on £6,000pw. I'd say that's accurate. I'd guess we're paying less than half.
    I've no source at the club but I know a Dublin flyboy with fingers in pies. He reckoned Horgan was our top earner on around 5k. I mind someone saying that on another thread when he left. The Dublin flyboy said only Milligan earned more.
    £6,000 is a fair ballpark figure for a deal in England for Macey's CV. I don't see how our wage structure allows us to sign-off a contract at that wage. There are goalies in Scotland we know more about that would sign for less than half that. Siegrist included.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectly Loud View Post
    I doubt we'll get Macey. The dubious list of wages that appeared here last week had him on £6,000pw. I'd say that's accurate. I'd guess we're paying less than half.
    I've no source at the club but I know a Dublin flyboy with fingers in pies. He reckoned Horgan was our top earner on around 5k. I mind someone saying that on another thread when he left. The Dublin flyboy said only Milligan earned more.
    £6,000 is a fair ballpark figure for a deal in England for Macey's CV. I don't see how our wage structure allows us to sign-off a contract at that wage. There are goalies in Scotland we know more about that would sign for less than half that. Siegrist included.
    We already have him. He is a hibs player and agreed to whatever we are currently paying him. No reason we don't keep him if we want him.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    We already have him. He is a hibs player and agreed to whatever we are currently paying him. No reason we don't keep him if we want him.
    Arsenal will be topping up any wages we aren't currently paying though. 6k makes sense for an arsenal third choice GK, but no way are we paying him anywhere near that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    Arsenal will be topping up any wages we aren't currently paying though. 6k makes sense for an arsenal third choice GK, but no way are we paying him anywhere near that.
    Why would Arsenal be topping up any wages? He has signed for Hibs. He isn't on loan.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    He left Arsenal, he is a Hibs player.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    He left Arsenal, he is a Hibs player.
    Arsenal might be topping up a bit of his wage as part of their contract settlement. Difficult to know how good he is, hasn't had much to do. Could have done better with the queens goal, but did well with the save from distance earlier in the game

Why would Arsenal be topping up any wages? He has signed for Hibs. He isn't on loan.
    If so Arsenal would probably have to pay out most of his cpntract before the deal went through.