hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Doig linked with Leicester move

According to the Sun. £1.5m apparently

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...arsenal-leeds/

2. Log in to remove the advert

They do realise he's on a four year contract? 1.5 million haha. Insulting.
    Last edited by Since452; 07-04-2021 at 05:56 AM.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Why on earth are these kind of stories even printed at this point?

The window doesnt open for weeks...............

and, agree the poster above - we need him more than we need £1.5m at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

How much is Harry Cochrane worth these days

Eh, it’s The Sun?

The only surprising thing about it is that it’s not Rangers he’s linked with, given we play them this week.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckys Wheel View Post
    Eh, it’s The Sun?

The only surprising thing about it is that it’s not Rangers he’s linked with, given we play them this week.
    There's still time! "EXCLUSIVE! Rangers winning bidding war for Hibs star!"

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I don’t think £1.5m with some really good add ons is as ridiculous as some are suggesting. I think we will get a bit more but it’ll be that ball park.

Fwiw I can see a lot of huge clubs being linked with him but then him going to a smaller one where he has a chance of game time. Similar to Hickey going to Bologna when there was talk of him going to Bayern and AC Milan.

He’s had a taste of first team football now, does he really want to go back to playing development football for a huge club?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I don’t think £1.5m with some really good add ons is as ridiculous as some are suggesting. I think we will get a bit more but it’ll be that ball park.
    I think you're right to be honest. What I would like to see is him coming back to us on loan for another season so he can continue to develop. How many times have we seen young scottish players go down south and then reappear years later with it not having worked. He needs a bit more time playing week in week out first team football

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckys Wheel View Post
    Eh, it’s The Sun?

The Sun are often very accurate with Hibs stories.

If he's linked with Rangers before the weekend (and it wouldn't surprise me) it is more likely to be in the Daily Record.

Fwiw I can see a lot of huge clubs being linked with him but then him going to a smaller one where he has a chance of game time. Similar to Hickey going to Bologna when there was talk of him going to Bayern and AC Milan.

He’s had a taste of first team football now, does he really want to go back to playing development football for a huge club?
    I don't think it's ridiculous either.

He's not even 19 yet and hasn't even reached 30 appearances for us.

History tells you that's not too far away from what young Scottish players often sell for. There's similarities there with Aaron Hickey and it's believed he was sold for roughly that amount.

We may get around £2 million for him just now but I would be surprised if it was much more than that.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

History tells you that's not too far away from what young Scottish players often sell for. There's similarities there with Aaron Hickey and it's believed he was sold for roughly that amount.

We may get around £2 million for him just now but I would be surprised if it was much more than that.
    perhaps, but recent history would suggest that we would be unlikely to be interested in selling at that price. He has a full season of games behind him, and every chance of a decent amount of European football ahead of him. Hibs are far more likely to turn down offers for him at the end of the season and in a years time, if he is still improving and has successfully played European football, he’ll be worth 4-6m. Hibs have no reason to sell at all.

He’s also not played in front of any fans yet.

First of all, has that maybe helped him relax? How will he cope in front of thousands of fans? Might skoosh it but the pressure could get to him, nobody knows yet.

Secondly, he’s just had a season playing in front of no fans, I’m sure now he’s got a taste of first team football he’ll be desperate to play in front of big crowds next season. Joining a Leicester or Man City I’d say he’s got no chance.

In a completely random made up guess I could see him going to someone like Norwich, Swansea, West Brom...... someone around that sort of level where he’d get a good pay rise, high profile but also have a chance if first team football.

Testimonial Due
    Think he needs another couple of seasons with us. Seems to have his head screwed on and won't move yet. Very young to be be moving to another country and culture.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Think he needs another couple of seasons with us. Seems to have his head screwed on and won't move yet. Very young to be be moving to another country and culture.
    Another culture is maybe stretching it a bit, no? 😀

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    He may also get one opportunity at getting a move like this. You never know what’s round the corner.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    He’d be better served staying with us for a couple of years and moving on after 60+ games, as would we.

To soon to go IMO ,maybe the end of next season if he continues to go the way he has so far

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quite surprised some on here would accept £1.5m when the lads just signed a new contract. That would be mental.

I’ve said this repeatedly but we need to start overvaluing our assets because teams down south will pay it.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    He may also get one opportunity at getting a move like this. You never know what’s round the corner.
    Really?

I suspect in the future he will have plenty of opportunities for a move like this one, except they will be real opportunities, rather than just daft paper talk several months before the transfer window opens.

Restricting my take on Doig to reality, I predict he won’t be going anywhere, especially not for £1.5 million. He’s going to be at Hibs for at least another season.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Would we get enough from Doig, Nisbet, and Porteous to fill in a corner or 2?
    Mon the Hibs.

One more season would be great. But he has everything that top clubs are looking for right now.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Formulaic BS. And our next opponents are...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Think we should be saying to any potential suitors that the minimum sell on fee we'll accept is 25% of all future transfer revenue and then open a bidding war for the fee after that.

He's a talented laddie and is going to go a long way in the game, if he is going to leave then Leicester (with a potential loan back to us next season) would be a great move. A really good, well run team.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member

Was Hickey not in the final year of his contract?

Doug has much longer left and we should be holding out for much more. British players will demand a premium now with work permits required following Brexit. A lot of these clubs are signing potential rather than the finished article. Physically he fits the bill as well.

I think we should hold out for a lot more with add ons.

Window does not matter. Its a registration window. He could sign for them to tomorrow but he'd remain at hibs until they could register him in summer.

He's our first choice left back at 18. The boy is a major talent. We shouldn't be accepting 1.5 million from an EPL club. Especially when he has four years left on his contract. I expect us to sell him but considering we just turned down 3 million for Nisbet the bar has been set. There should also be a huge add on of future transfers. Look at how Andy Robertson and Tierney have flourished down there. Hibs should be using those examples.

Looks like the Premiership clubs are all looking to the Scottish market for their own Tierney or Robertson!

@hibs.net private member
    1.5m 😂😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    And so it begins. A transfer rumour about one of our players makes the papers and Hibs fans queue up to finalise the deal.

Let the lad play. He’s just starting out.

We all know by now that Hibs is a good place for young players to develop, and if they don’t rush it they can earn a very good move.

I hope and expect Josh to be our player next season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    He's our first choice left back at 18. The boy is a major talent. We shouldn't be accepting 1.5 million from an EPL club. Especially when he has four years left on his contract. I expect us to sell him but considering we just turned down 3 million for Nisbet the bar has been set. There should also be a huge add on of future transfers. Look at how Andy Robertson and Tierney have flourished down there. Hibs should be using those examples.
    I still think we missed a huge opportunity to get £3m for Nisbet.