hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get why folk are complaining about McLeod mentioning the floodlights. Nice wee bit of trivia about what is a cracking wee ground.
    Now i feel bad. I wasn’t complying about his factoids just teasing. He seemed like a lovely person, just trying too hard to keep talking.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Now i feel bad. I wasn’t complying about his factoids just teasing. He seemed like a lovely person, just trying too hard to keep talking.
    Now I feel bad! I'm just a moany old fart.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Bulbs grow in the ground, lamps light up
    Tell Edison that!

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Out of interest, which premier league teams still have floodlight pylons ?
    It beats working so… I've done a quick image search survey of current Premiership teams and the answer is – almost all of them:

Aberdeen: two pylons at one end
    Celtc: no pylons
    Dundee United: three pylons (including one mini pylon on top of the filled-in corner)
    Hamilton: four corner pylons
    Hibs: no pylons
    Kilmarnock: mini pylons on top of the stand (debatable)
    Livingston: four corner pylons
    Motherwell: four corner pylons
    Ross County: four corner pylons
    Sevco: no pylons
    St Johnstone: four corner pylons
    St Mirren: four corner pylons

I'm fairly sure I was looking at current pictures for all the grounds, but I could have gone wrong somewhere.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Thought McFadden was good. MacLeod is just annoying. Is it right that QoTS have tall floodlights (some say taller than some others)?

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    It was good to hear Liam MacLeod mention Hanlon, that goal, the replay and the historic Cup Win. I do hope plenty Jambos were listening in at that point.
    2-0 up at Tynie with little over ten minutes to go. 1902 songbook in full flow and then look what Robbie did. Gifted us the cup and they have invited him back to inflict more ignominy on their famous war winning club. Oh the tragedy.

My guess would of been East End Park or Dens well before QOTS anyway. Meadowbank before her demolition would of surely rivalled most grounds? Old Parkhead will no doubt forever remain undefeated though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Anorak time here I think the Palmerston floodlights are one of the last examples of the 'drenchlight' system favoured by scottish clubs. Hence the hight of the pylons

QOS haven't upgraded the ends of the ground which is why they are still there. Most top scottish grounds that had this style of lighting have undergone massive upgrades since the sixtiesso have newer systems

Palmerston has the largest terracing in Scotland... but only because most clubs have now knocked them down and replaced them with a modern stand.

Never mind, it's an interesting wee factoid nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    I was really impressed with the commentary last night. Not a second waisted, every potential silence filled with a word or two. It was so interesting to hear about QOTS having the highest floodlights in the country (camera focused on them to help us make up our own minds.)

When the stadium was done up did Hibs not miss a trick in adding height to the old ones rather than building them into the stands? May have brought extra revenue with pylon enthusiasts or interested tourists. Something to rival the country’s longest glass curtain for sure. Maybe something KP could follow up on?
    Have to agree with the bit in bold.

I was watching the Liverpool match last night and there were periods when nothing was said. I thought the commentators had gone to sleep.

That said, it was a pretty dull game at times and nothing like the 'entertainment' the night before.

And how many times did they mention 2016 and our famous cup win! Brilliant! The icing on the cake was Marven Bartley - he is a joy to listen too. Talks so much sense to be a footballer.