hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Opinions on Willie Miller as a..

Commentator or reporter. I always find him really awful..in fairness to him though, he was a great defender..an even better referee still ha ha. Scotland were great at the back with Miller and the gang. Other than the great Milan backline, I've not seen better since.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    He has never seen a good game in his life. Runs down Scottish football at every opportunity.

I don’t mind him. He was the loan voice talking any semblance of sense during the pro-hertz stuff that almost all of the Sportsound team were spouting last summer.

Left by mutual consent!
    Well respected voice within the Scottish Game and has been on Sportsound for over 20 years. He's fine.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    It’s Stephen Presley that grinds my gears. A face unfit for telly. A voice unfit for both telly and radio. He still gets a gig.

Coaching Staff
    I used to watch Aberdeen train when I was a kid and Miller trained how he played - an absolute machine as a player. He was yester years version of Scott Brown, opposition hated him but would have loved him in their side - a true leader. That - I think - is what skews his view on the modern game now, in that he (naturally) compares the game to what he was used to.

He was actually quite a reserved guy off the pitch. I remember my late uncle was going to do business with him in Aberdeen. My uncle was a straight talking, hard, 6'4 man from Nottingham...........he always referred to Willie as a 'pussycat'

Doug Rougvie on the other hand

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    He's a boring summeriser and constantly questions eveything he himself says . "That was a great chance, wasn't it". "It's a terrible game, isn't it". All afternoon.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well respected voice within the Scottish Game and has been on Sportsound for over 20 years. He's fine.
    Aye right, his opinion on 21/5/2016 was that Hibs fans had set the game back years and the game might never recover, an utter slaver who rivals Derek Ferguson in his non ability to form coherent sentences in what is meant to be his native tongue, not to mention a total dinosaur of a manager who was an abject failure and lasted no time in that role, comedy value only !

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    He's a boring summeriser and constantly questions eveything he himself says . "That was a great chance, wasn't it". "It's a terrible game, isn't it". All afternoon.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Compared to the infantile roasters around him, he's f... fabulously erudite!

@hibs.net private member
    Dreadful. Excellent player back in the pass back to the goalie days - not sure how relevant he is now. He’s managed more pubs than he has football teams in the last 20/30 years.
    Last edited by Danderhall Hibs; 03-04-2021 at 08:12 PM.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Part of the old guard on BBC Sportsound and been around for a long time, and it feels like it.

Dreadful. Nothing interesting to say. He sounds Bored with life.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I used to watch Aberdeen train when I was a kid and Miller trained how he played - an absolute machine as a player. He was yester years version of Scott Brown, opposition hated him but would have loved him in their side - a true leader. That - I think - is what skews his view on the modern game now, in that he (naturally) compares the game to what he was used to.

He was actually quite a reserved guy off the pitch. I remember my late uncle was going to do business with him in Aberdeen. My uncle was a straight talking, hard, 6'4 man from Nottingham...........he always referred to Willie as a 'pussycat'

Doug Rougvie on the other hand
    Neale Cooper as well 🙂

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    He’s brutal. Tamig mentioned the hearts stuff over the summer, Miller struggled to understand it - same with covid.

He’s not the worst, but he’s well last his sell by date.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    He’s brutal. Tamig mentioned the hearts stuff over the summer, Miller struggled to understand it - same with covid.

He’s not the worst, but he’s well last his sell by date.
    Says more about the others rather than praise for Miller.

First Team Breakthrough
    Erudite..oh no, haha. He conversely comes across badly but as I previously said, a great defender all the same. I believe he upset Georgie B once but the greatest's barb back was v sharp..classic putdown. I am still so proud that the BEST ever played for me beloved Hibees

Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    Erudite..oh no, haha. He conversely comes across badly but as I previously said, a great defender all the same. I believe he upset Georgie B once but the greatest's barb back was v sharp..classic putdown. I am still so proud that the BEST ever played for me beloved Hibees
    Sorry mate...That was Doric Rhymin' slang...!

Brings nothing of any substance to the tableOn a par with chick youngest times incoherent as he rambles on Add on his Dons bias’s
    I wouldn’t listen to him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's just one name in the long list of Scottish football pundits who have absolutely nothing insightful to say.

Repeats exactly what he has just seen, turns a statement into a question and lacks basic knowledge about a lot of the topics he is there to discuss.

I'd love to hear Bob Crampsey spend 10 minutes debating with the current crop of Sportsound pundits. He'd run rings around them.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He's just one name in the long list of Scottish football pundits who have absolutely nothing insightful to say.

Repeats exactly what he has just seen, turns a statement into a question and lacks basic knowledge about a lot of the topics he is there to discuss.

I'd love to hear Bob Crampsey spend 10 minutes debating with the current crop of Sportsound pundits. He'd run rings around them.
    I remember Bob Crampsey on Sportsound one time when the debate with a few pundits was about whether or not Brian Laudrup was the best player ever to play in Scotland’s top flight. Most agreed but a few others suggested a few predictable Old Firmers be put into the mix. When Bob was asked who he thought, he simply replied “Without question - Gordon Smith”

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

said similar on the Shelley Kerr thread. The number of pundits that just tell you what we all saw is incredible- better saving a wage and leaving a silence.

Kerr after the game last night just gave it loads of “he’ll be happy with that” style chat. Absolute garbage and most if not all of them do it. Tell me something I didn’t know that you know cos you “played the game”.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    This would have been better as a “suggestions” thread

Imagine Willie Miller as a...

Car salesman!

Or doing the voiceover for JML products

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This would have been better as a “suggestions” thread

Imagine Willie Miller as a...
    Pub bore

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I remember when Lewis got his international cap he was sulking that Shinnie didn’t start at left back and kept whining that Lewis was out of his depth, though he clearly wasn’t and the goal came from the other side of the pitch.

Ringpiece.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    Commentator or reporter. I always find him really awful..in fairness to him though, he was a great defender..an even better referee still ha ha. Scotland were great at the back with Miller and the gang. Other than the great Milan backline, I've not seen better since.
    There was no better referee in the game than Willie, he wisnae a bad player either tbf

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    If Bob Crampsey was around now he’d get the same kind of abuse as everyone else on Sportsound.

@hibs.net private member
    Have to say I like Willie Miller as a pundit. He's calm and measured with great experience in football and always worth listening to. Far prefer him to the noisy brigade trying to grab attention on sportsound.

It's nice to have a balance in presenters/analysts and Willie definitely beings something to the mix.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Might just be a nice change if he covered a game not involving Aberdeen! Same with Bonner for Celtic, Preston for Hearts etc.

Hardly going to get un-biased opinions.

First Team Breakthrough
    To the latest poster more specifically, I don't think WM comes across as calm and measured more mundane. If being totally unkind, he comes across as thick. A horrible way to term a mature, experienced adult I know but probably still the right way to describe his commentary. I don't decry his footballing ability in any way..just like John Terry..all the brains in their feet.

The sacked managers club aka BBC Scotland.
    If you want a gig just get the boot and you'll be on Sportsound/ Sportscene within five unworking days. " It's the law "