hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Second half

Second half

Thought we were excellent there. No matter the opposition, it was always going to be a tricky game with the weather and the pitch but the boys dealt with it excellently.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Fantastic 2nd half. People need to remember, these teams see us as a scalp now, also the weather was atrocious.

If we had hit them for 6 in the 2nd half it wouldn't have flatterred us.

Thought that was the best 2nd half we have played since the Hamilton Accies away game when we played at a similar tempo creating chances....would be great if we are about to hit form with the 5 games and cup left to go!

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Yup, very good to see the whole team closing down and playing very positively.

Most dominant we’ve been in ages, could’ve had 5/6

If we had banged in 5 or 6 in the 2nd half QOTS couldn't have had too many complaints.

1st half we played the conditions, 2nd half we absolutely dominated. Up there with our best performances of the season.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    We are a very good side, and that second half proved that. Not that good where we can afford to take lower league sides or weaker top flight opposition lightly, but when we apply ourselves in the manner we did tonight we are a match for anyone in Scotland.

Agreed, brilliant 2nd half , played with a bit of swagger

All about application and drive. We've been seriously missing both at times this season, but not tonight. We looked like team on a mission. Huge credit to Jack Ross and the players. As relaxed Ive been watching a Hibs game in months

A long, long time since I enjoyed a Hibs performance as much as that. Very good second half.

Second half is how I want to see us play. Just properly got after them, with and without the ball. Regardless of the poor opposition, we have the players that can run right over the top of teams when we want to and that’s what we did second half.

Brilliant performance which I imagine was fuelled by some choice words from Ross at half time.

Brilliant to go into the Rangers game on Sunday with the confidence of tonight and how good we looked going forward.

Magennis looked good and really keen when he came on too Imo. When firing into some tackles when the game was done which was good to see.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All about application and drive. We've been seriously missing both at times this season, but not tonight. We looked like team on a mission. Huge credit to Jack Ross and the players. As relaxed Ive been watching a Hibs game in months
    Last sentence is spot on mate, most weeks I’m sat on the edge of the couch, tonight I was able to actually enjoy the match. As others have said as well if we’d have scored 5 or 6 it would have been a fair reflection against good opposition

First Team Breakthrough
    Best I have seen Hibs play for weeks.Would be a great time to come into form. Obviously Rangers away at the weekend will be difficult but win the two home games against Livi and St J and third is virtually nailed on.

I know it isn't possible to play as well as that all the time but I would love to see that a bit more consistently. Reminiscent of Motherwell and Accies away back in December. Is it something we can only do when we're away from home and on the counter? We just seemed relentless in the second half tonight, Queens couldn't live with us.
    Was a joy to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, brilliant 2nd half , played with a bit of swagger
    Played very well. Efficient quick effective entertaining football. Confident yes but I didn't see any swagger which to me implies over-confidence or a bit of nose thumbing at the opposition because of your superiority.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    As good as I’ve seen us play all season. Up there with Hamilton, Motherwell, livi away.

I’d love to see some of that at ER