hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 47
  1. #1
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,929

    Jambottled Examples

    1965 losing 2-0 at home on final day of the season when the championship was there for the taking.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Losing to 9 man Inverness in a semi final they couldn't sell out at Easter Road when they were winning going into injury time

  4. #3
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    12,845
    Just needing a routine point against Dundee in 86 and not taking immodium with you.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    60
    Posts
    19,775
    Apparently they were recently scalped by Brora Rangers of the Highlands League in the biggest shock in the history of the Scottish cup.

    Bottled it in a very Hearts way.

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  6. #5
    Did we play a game tonight?

  7. #6
    We should be seeing Grenta 2006 on this list

    Lucky gimps

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,320
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should be seeing Grenta 2006 on this list

    Lucky gimps
    To be fair, Gretna’s last ever victory was v hearts 😂

  9. #8
    2-0, 10 mins to go

    Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,929
    League Cup final loss vs Saint Murray that could have ended the League Cup pain.

  11. #10
    Ahead in the penalty shoot out against the worst Celtic team in years during last seasons Scottish Cup - 2 pens away from winning it and stopping the quadruple treble.

  12. #11
    Heroically coming back from 2-0 down against QOTS at home to level at 2-2 then completely Jambottling it to lose 3-2

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Liberton
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,934
    “Jambottled?” Cringeworthy stuff 🙄

  14. #13
    First Team Breakthrough Crunchie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    “Jambottled?” Cringeworthy stuff 🙄
    I'd go with hertzed it

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,640
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    “Jambottled?” Cringeworthy stuff 🙄
    It really is awful.

    Folk say ‘hibsed it’ doesn’t bother them then come up with this as some kind of retaliation.

    It’s a zillion times worse and as you say, is a total cringe.

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,767
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    “Jambottled?” Cringeworthy stuff 🙄
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It really is awful.

    Folk say ‘hibsed it’ doesn’t bother them then come up with this as some kind of retaliation.

    It’s a zillion times worse and as you say, is a total cringe.
    Agreed.

    This entire thread needs fired straight into the sea, along with any reference to them as "yams" or other made up pish.

    Its as cringeworthy as the hard of thinking on kickback using terms such as "vermin" or that they would "dry ride" us.........ffs

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    LEITH NO MORE
    Posts
    6,000
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed.

    This entire thread needs fired straight into the sea, along with any reference to them as "yams" or other made up pish.

    Its as cringeworthy as the hard of thinking on kickback using terms such as "vermin" or that they would "dry ride" us.........ffs
    How do you think they should be referred to ? Maybe , “ Supporters of Heart of Midlothian Football Club “.

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,767
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you think they should be referred to ? Maybe , “ Supporters of Heart of Midlothian Football Club “.
    I prefer the old ways -

    Jambo if referring to someone you may not wish to offend, hearts *******s or hearts ***** for the remainder is my preference.

    hth

    p.s. I know you are trying to be clever, but please dont tell me you ever use the words "yam" or "jambottled" in real conversations..................

  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    LEITH NO MORE
    Posts
    6,000
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I prefer the old ways -

    Jambo if referring to someone you may not wish to offend, hearts *******s or hearts ***** for the remainder is my preference.

    hth

    p.s. I know you are trying to be clever, but please dont tell me you ever use the words "yam" or "jambottled" in real conversations..................

    No, I’m a bit like you in that I’d use Jambo as an inoffensive name , all be it it’s as made up as Yam.. I’ve never seen or heard jambottled before this thread.

  20. #19
    Anything that winds them up is fine by me. They've earned it.

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed.

    This entire thread needs fired straight into the sea, along with any reference to them as "yams" or other made up pish.

    Its as cringeworthy as the hard of thinking on kickback using terms such as "vermin" or that they would "dry ride" us.........ffs
    Agreed, this thread is pathetic.

    Have we forgotten about the semi already - they still somehow managed to trump us even being in the championship. Let's be serious we would have dropped points to them this season.

    Shut this thread down and focus on Hibs.

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    18,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, this thread is pathetic.

    Have we forgotten about the semi already - they still somehow managed to trump us even being in the championship. Let's be serious we would have dropped points to them this season.

    Shut this thread down and focus on Hibs.


  23. #22
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    60
    Posts
    19,775
    Its lucky Hibs.net tolerates as many world views and opinions as possible.

    I have a wide circle of Hibs supporting friends and contacts all over the place and the terms jambo and yam are not uncommon in our world, have been for decades.

    My family yam says they rejoice in being called jambos and do not like being called yams, so that's good enough for me.Maybe it's general generational thing.

    I'd just add that for over 50 years now I've found it possible to mock Hearts periodically when they're open to it and continuously support Hibs, even when things are going badly.

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Into the Valley
    Posts
    5,458
    Love this thread.

    Jambottle my Brora.

    Dens Park, May 1986, the ultimate week of Jambottling it. 35th anniversary of the ultimate Jamboid Jambottling.

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    60
    Posts
    19,775
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Love this thread.

    Jambottle my Brora.

    Dens Park, May 1986, the ultimate week of Jambottling it. 35th anniversary of the ultimate Jamboid Jambottling.
    I'm not sure Jamboid is an approved word.

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  26. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, this thread is pathetic.

    Have we forgotten about the semi already - they still somehow managed to trump us even being in the championship. Let's be serious we would have dropped points to them this season.

    Shut this thread down and focus on Hibs.
    So because they beat us in last season's delayed semi final we can't ridicule them? Personally find it quite amusing that that they put all their eggs in one basket when they have a game against Hibs. Quite flattering. Maybe they should have shown Alloa, Brora and numerous ***** championship teams the same respect they show the "wee team". They might not be playing lower league football if they did.

  27. #26
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So because they beat us in last season's delayed semi final we can't ridicule them? Personally find it quite amusing that that they put all their eggs in one basket when they have a game against Hibs. Quite flattering. Maybe they should have shown Alloa, Brora and numerous ***** championship teams the same respect they show the "wee team". They might not be playing lower league football if they did.
    So you're saying they didn't approach the Semi the right way? What was our excuse? Had their season even started? That Semi result was very damaging for us and undone a lot of good will with the fans. It's a bizarre thread given that Semi Final.

    Let's be honest they are going to be promoted very easily.

  28. #27
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    25,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, this thread is pathetic.

    Have we forgotten about the semi already - they still somehow managed to trump us even being in the championship. Let's be serious we would have dropped points to them this season.

    Shut this thread down and focus on Hibs.
    We're Hibbies. We can multi-task

  29. #28
    @hibs.net private member brog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,576
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, this thread is pathetic.

    Have we forgotten about the semi already - they still somehow managed to trump us even being in the championship. Let's be serious we would have dropped points to them this season.

    Shut this thread down and focus on Hibs.


    Surely the most ironic comment ever. As for forgetting about the semi, I guess you've forgotten the championship team coming from 2 goals down & going on to actually win the Cup!!

  30. #29
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Into the Valley
    Posts
    5,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're saying they didn't approach the Semi the right way? What was our excuse? Had their season even started? That Semi result was very damaging for us and undone a lot of good will with the fans. It's a bizarre thread given that Semi Final.

    Let's be honest they are going to be promoted very easily.
    It would have been more damaging for us if Hertz hadn’t Jambottled a winning position from the penalty kicks. The good will is restored, sAve your concerns.

  31. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're saying they didn't approach the Semi the right way? What was our excuse? Had their season even started? That Semi result was very damaging for us and undone a lot of good will with the fans. It's a bizarre thread given that Semi Final.

    Let's be honest they are going to be promoted very easily.
    And on current form they'll go straight back down again. That'll give us another jambottling to laugh at.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)