hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bingham's gone into the same end-game mode he did when he beat McGill. Also loving the safety play - who needs 100 breaks every frame? :-)
    Yep, I find the tactical safety exchanges to often be fascinating to watch, especially on a scattered table, where the players really have to think and work to get a shot that doesn’t allow their opponent in

2. Log in to remove the advert

What a finish to this morning's session between Wilson - Murphy. Started off with Wilson 10-6 ahead but Murphy has won this session 6-2 and tonight's session begins at 12-12!

Great ending to the semi finals, Shaun Murphy completed the comeback by winning the first 5 frames of the evening session to win 17-12 and managed to win the last 8 frames in total from 12-9 down.

Mark Selby also came back in his match against Stuart Bingham. He was 14-13 down and eventually won 17-15.

I can't see past Selby for the title.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Just switched over to watch a bit of the snooker, is that a full house for the final?

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Just switched over to watch a bit of the snooker, is that a full house for the final?
    Yes it's part of the series of test events, the crowds have gradually increased in size for every round and the final is a full house.

Selby doing what Selby does - 7-6 down to 10-7 up to take a 3 frame advantage into tomorrow. He's just so solid and I don't see him losing from this point.

@hibs.net private member
    Playing on 57 behind with 43 on the table and about 3 minutes a shot. I can see why hern thinks Selby is his biggest obstacle bar osullivans age, from him making snooker popular again

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Playing on 57 behind with 43 on the table and about 3 minutes a shot. I can see why hern thinks Selby is his biggest obstacle bar osullivans age, from him making snooker popular again
    Yep he's as bad as Ebdon. Great player but dull as dishwater
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Afternoon session shared 4-4 and Selby maintains his 3 frame advantage, leading 14-11 going into tonight's final session.

I think Murphy had to win that last frame to have had a chance, I can only see one winner from here.

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Yep he's as bad as Ebdon. Great player but dull as dishwater
    He makes Terry Griffiths look like Jimmy White on speed.

Murphy gets two frames in a row with century breaks to trail 17-15.

Selby still the favourite but what an effort from Murphy.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Struggled to watch much of that. Selby slow and boring, Murphy just a bit of a twat.

Selby is a superb player. Perhaps not as exciting as the likes of O'Sullivan and Trump, but he's not as slow as people make out.

If others were as solid and careful over their safety game, they would maybe have 4 world championships as well

Never been a fan of Murphy but was almost warming to him this year, he played a great tournament and made the final session very interesting.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    Skill & brains, is that not the same for most sports.

Referee counts your score, when playing an opponent with no ref they count the score.

I would say more skill than brains.
    What I meant was it’s not about who’s the quickest/strongest/best physical attributes.

It’s definitely skill and brains when you have to line up 3/4 shots in a row and think as tactically as they do.