hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HIBSED it

First Team Breakthrough

HIBSED it

After my Hertz friend throwing this line away again most recently, got me thinking and realising if Tynecastle's finest were to go to the wire and lose last day to Raith, that would be the third time I am aware of them capitulating at the final hurdle..ouch We totally Hibsed it five years ago right enough..the best thing was when JM told the listening public post match interview

Class
    First class
    and most of all HIBS Class

2. Log in to remove the advert

Do people still say that?

Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After my Hertz friend throwing this line away again most recently, got me thinking and realising if Tynecastle's finest were to go to the wire and lose last day to Raith, that would be the third time I am aware of them capitulating at the final hurdle..ouch We totally Hibsed it five years ago right enough..the best thing was when JM told the listening public post match interview

Class
    First class
    It would be the third time yeah but they're not going to blow an (at least) 8 point lead with 4 games to go.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Nah, not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    It was used recently by a behind the times columnist in the dying print media. Probably trying to get a reaction. I don't remember his name and didn't read his whole column so it didn't work.

The term should have been consigned to the bin with the Scottish cup win but it is trotted out by people that don't understand the origin of the term or the significance of that win.

Tedious term used by insignificant pundits.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Been replaced by "got Brora'd"

Biggest shock in Scottish football history. Hearts folk ken wot's going on.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Only people that seem to bring it up these days are Hibs fans tbh

@hibs.net private member
    Only supporters with a certain hue have ever tried to make that a thing. And to say they failed would suggest they jambottled that too

A jambo friend of mine used this term last week on a golf course when he screwed up a shot (again). I politely referred him to Brora / relegation / failure of legal challenges and manager / player signing policies. He was very quite after that.
    I used to simply ignore the ignorance - too old and grumpy to continue to do that...

First Team Breakthrough
    What Hibs did that day at Hampden was so courageous..we should've won the League Cup-well done Ross County, all the same, the League-bl**dy Falkirk, came back in the Final, everyone waiting for us to fail again, some Hertz muppet asking for Hibsed it to be put in the OED-come on, behave yourself!-and a whole weight of history bearing upon them....it was a time for heroes..oh yes..after it as the commentator uttered those words "what kept you Hibs?"..then the exuberance..great moments and memories...we love you Hibees we do..

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    If this thread even needed to exist did it need to exist in block capitals? If so why?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by banchoryhibs View Post
    A jambo friend of mine used this term last week on a golf course when he screwed up a shot (again). I politely referred him to Brora / relegation / failure of legal challenges and manager / player signing policies. He was very quite after that.
    I used to simply ignore the ignorance - too old and grumpy to continue to do that...
    Good list BH. And such recent stuff. The list could be so spectacularly lengthy too 👍🏻

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    If this thread even needed to exist did it need to exist in block capitals? If so why?
    Yep. Someone has an agenda 😏

Quote Originally Posted by banchoryhibs View Post
    😀

I'd have said "What's the Jambo squealing about now?" or "I suppose that was Doncaster's fault."

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Good list BH. And such recent stuff. The list could be so spectacularly lengthy too

Didn't even have to mention the creditors list, their very own List of Shame.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Ugh. Can we ban this phrase from the forum?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Class
    First class

You got called out on the Ofir to Celtic thread, and now this mince?

You cant even get the Turnbull quote right, which tells me quite a lot about you.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I've never understood quite why we get so much scrutiny for the amount of silverware that we've won in recent years.

For the most part of that Aberdeen and Hearts have had much bigger wages budgets.

For that Aberdeen have a tired and tatty stadium, eye bleeding hoofball and the grand total of one league cup.

Hearts have two relegations, two Scottish cups, embarrasing defeats to Brora, an incomplete stand, a team of washed up journeymen and a list of stiffed creditors as long as your arm. It nearly broke them.

We've got a good stadium, a good squad with young talent, a league cup, a Scottish cup and a bright future. We're producing international level players and are third in the league.

'Hibsed it' is such a myth. We punch at our weight without a lot of the crap that came with it for both Aberdeen and Hearts. We're a well run club.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    You got called out on the Ofir to Celtic thread, and now this mince?

You cant even get the Turnbull quote right, which tells me quite a lot about you.
    I personally just think the OP is a bit over eager to start threads and is an enthusiastic newbie, as opposed to anything more sinister.

I could be wrong though...

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I've never understood quite why we get so much scrutiny for the amount of silverware that we've won in recent years.

For the most part of that Aberdeen and Hearts have had much bigger wages budgets.

For that Aberdeen have a tired and tatty stadium, eye bleeding hoofball and the grand total of one league cup.

Hearts have two relegations, two Scottish cups, embarrasing defeats to Brora, an incomplete stand, a team of washed up journeymen and a list of stiffed creditors as long as your arm. It nearly broke them.

We've got a good stadium, a good squad with young talent, a league cup, a Scottish cup and a bright future. We're producing international level players and are third in the league.

'Hibsed it' is such a myth. We punch at our weight without a lot of the crap that came with it for both Aberdeen and Hearts. We're a well run club.
    I think it basically came from our Scottish Cup hurt and pretty poor hampden record for the decade or two up until we did win it. You know what that lot are like when they get a hold of something (they’re still toiling to let go of 5-1 from 2012)... it’s not something that’s ever really bothered me. And as alluded to, it provided John McGinn with a very satisfactory retort in the aftermath of our historic win.

Class
    First class
    You still here?

Pathetic attempt at the wind-up. Admins should be closing this thread.

First Team Breakthrough
    There's a right few pedants on here. As an ex languages teacher, I thought my use of prose and punctuation was fairly sound. I'm being dug out for my use of capitals in the title thread, it'll be the exclamation mark next!

There's a right few pedants on here. As an ex languages teacher, I thought my use of prose and punctuation was fairly sound. I'm being dug out for my use of capitals in the title thread, it'll be the exclamation mark next!
    Nah, for an ex languages teacher, you need to brush up your reading skills. You’re being called out for being on the wind-up. HIBSED It........GTF.

What Hibs did that day at Hampden was so courageous..we should've won the League Cup-well done Ross County, all the same, the League-bl**dy Falkirk, came back in the Final, everyone waiting for us to fail again, some Hertz muppet asking for Hibsed it to be put in the OED-come on, behave yourself!-and a whole weight of history bearing upon them....it was a time for heroes..oh yes..after it as the commentator uttered those words "what kept you Hibs?"..then the exuberance..great moments and memories...we love you Hibees we do..
    It’s all a bit obvious now

First Team Breakthrough
    The original point Superfurryhibby was Hearts fans have a cheek trying to berate Hibs messing up when this year could be the third example of Hearts screwing up on a last day of the season again. I wasn't at the wind up even if the irony of the exclamation mark was lost on some.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

In my time supporting Hibs I have successfully pick up 2x Drybrough cups [valued in its day] 3x League Cups and a Scottish Cup. In three of the six successes we had to beat both members of the old firm in the semi and final, we had one win each where we beat Rangers in the semi or final and the only time we didn't play a member of the old firm we took care of Hearts on route.

By contrast, two of hearts three Scottish Cup wins came with the back drop of financial doping with Romanov using his bank's customer's cash to bring in players neither he or hearts couldn't hope to bring in with legal funds and even their win in 1998 was funded by a large part by the 24 million debt inherited by Romanov but never paid off by him. Herts are legends in their own fans mind but the reality is a different world altogether.

First Team Breakthrough
    WeeRussell has summed me up perfectly..too much time on my hands at present so have been starting up threads to see who thinks what in Hibs fan land. The way I termed the Marciano one was rightfully berated so no qualms with that..all about opinions..

The original point Superfurryhibby was Hearts fans have a cheek trying to berate Hibs messing up when this year could be the third example of Hearts screwing up on a last day of the season again. I wasn't at the wind up even if the irony of the exclamation mark was lost on some.
    I don’t really believe you, exclamation mark or otherwise.