hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: The Meadows

The Meadows

I seen footage of the Meadows last night, seems to be getting worse every weekend with gangs of youths meeting up, drinking, fighting and causing havoc. It’s a shame to say. It with reports of someone being glasses and or stabbed it’s not going to be long before someone dies.

There’s an argument that as soon as restrictions are lifted then people will have other places to go but by the looks of it they’re not old enough to go to pubs. You can see them enforcing a no go zone from 7pm in the Meadows with barriers up.

Crazy.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    From memory, this happens every year when there's been a decent spell of weather. Perhaps the frustration of lockdown is encouraging the kids to come out earlier (in the year).

I thought the Falkirk casuals were in town going by the amount of pavement dancing, would have actually been quite funny but unfortunately a young lad gets a bottle smashed to his head, from behind. By all accounts, he was treated on-site and is ok, but yeah, the Policing is either going to ramp up or it will become a no-go zone

https://streamable.com/amp_player/et...mpression=true

There's a video going about of a guy getting bottled. If this was football fans the media would be going tonto. Get their pics in the papers and get them done, especially the **** who done the bottling.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a video going about of a guy getting bottled. If this was football fans the media would be going tonto. Get their pics in the papers and get them done, especially the **** who done the bottling.
    Agree. I’m sure I heard that a policeman I was taken to hospital with facial injuries.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    From memory, this happens every year when there's been a decent spell of weather. Perhaps the frustration of lockdown is encouraging the kids to come out earlier (in the year).

I thought the Falkirk casuals were in town going by the amount of pavement dancing, would have actually been quite funny but unfortunately a young lad gets a bottle smashed to his head, from behind. By all accounts, he was treated on-site and is ok, but yeah, the Policing is either going to ramp up or it will become a no-go zone

https://streamable.com/amp_player/et...mpression=true
    I'm guessing local NEDS mixing it up with Students. It's always been part of Edinburgh nightlife just not quite on that scale, probably because there's currently no nightlife.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I'm guessing local NEDS mixing it up with Students. It's always been part of Edinburgh nightlife just not quite on that scale, probably because there's currently no nightlife.
    Definitely a healthy socio-economic mix happening there.
    My daughter was meant to be going in the early afternoon but after what happened last week I suggested she go elsewhere.
    Her mates from Forrester's still went and although they kept themselves to themselves, they did feed back that there was a small group of guys antagonising others groups, perhaps "looking" for a reaction.
    Considering the numbers there, there really wasn't that much trouble. I've seen bigger skirmishes on a Friday night up town.
    Thankfully, my daughter enjoyed her day up Arthur's Seat with no issues or disruption.