hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Shelly Kerr

That women Jane on sportsound is terrible. She needs to go..

2. Log in to remove the advert

Promising Youngster
    Joel Murray is another.

She is the female version of our Yogi. Perfectly likeable character, lovely woman, but when her mouth opens she really struggles to pronounce words and gets her tounge tied often. There has been times I've blushed watching her she seems awkward.

Very budget

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joel Murray is another.

She is the female version of our Yogi. Perfectly likeable character, lovely woman, but when her mouth opens she really struggles to pronounce words and gets her tounge tied often. There has been times I've blushed watching her she seems awkward.

Very budget
    Sorry, but I don't agree at all. She's been fine any time I've watched her.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 06-04-2021 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGog View Post
    Joel Murray is another.

Very budget
    Agreed. She actually looks uncomfortable in front of the camera the times I've seen her which tends to have the same effect for the viewer.

Marvin Bartley and Richard Foster were good bouncing off each other with intelligence and a bit of humour more of the same suits me .

@hibs.net private member
    Folk now confusing pundits with commentators and trackside interviewers confuses the debate. Fletcher, Barbour, Logan etc are there to present or commentate or interview pre/post match.

The pundits are the ones that are there to add some knowledge and insight - Kerr and the others should be compared against folk like Bartley, Foster, Stewart, Crichton etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    Guys like Darren Fletcher and Jake Humphrey seem to get away with it every week, who’d they manage? comparing the woman’s World Cup to the homeless World Cup is just a bit low for me to get sucked into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You were the one that brought up that she had managed at a World Cup. Comparing a women’s World Cup to the male game is just as low, hence my facetious point. Who cares that she’s been to a World Cup, it hardly makes any points invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastHibby View Post
    Marvin Bartley and Richard Foster were good bouncing off each other with intelligence and a bit of humour more of the same suits me .
    I thought so to. Makes a change from the usual pundits.

There was some camaraderie with the pair of them and with Steven Thompson, it worked well and felt natural and they added to the match experience by adding well articulated views and got their points across.

Maybe just ban anyone born within 20 miles of Glasgow from summarising on games? 😁

I’m no more of a fan of Shelley Kerr and Alex Scott than I am the likes of Alan Preston or Willie Miller. They’re all pretty awful.

But I have to say I really like Joelle Murray - yes she’s a bit nervous sometimes but she’s not trying to affect a personality - she’s honest and good at pointing out parts of the game that are going wrong or well for us.

@Admin I have read all the comments on this thread. I got a weeks ban for less :) when talking about Jollie Murray " I Remember her name now "

People should get a job if they're good at it not what sex creed or colour they are ! simple.

the world has gone PC mad.

I believe there is a sportscene for Womens football on BBC scotland. I don't know the make up of the show but lets see how its set up. I wonder what the viewing figures will be ?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    I agree both were decent, with Marvin being particularly good at making a fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    @Admin I have read all the comments on this thread. I got a weeks ban for less :) when talking about Jollie Murray " I Remember her name now "

People should get a job if they're good at it not what sex creed or colour they are ! simple.

the world has gone PC mad.

I believe there is a sportscene for Womens football on BBC scotland. I don't know the make up of the show but lets see how its set up. I wonder what the viewing figures will be ?
    Not sure what the the point is of your last comment. It was a good show with a mix of male and females. As should everything be in life.

The show itself is a huge step forward for the Womens game in Scotland. Clearly done on a tight budget but those involved in the the Scottish Womens game will really appreciate it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Not sure what the the point is of your last comment. It was a good show with a mix of male and females. As should everything be in life.

The show itself is a huge step forward for the Womens game in Scotland. Clearly done on a tight budget but those involved in the the Scottish Womens game will really appreciate it.

The idea that women should only be on women's football shows is as prehistoric as it is ridiculous.

And the idea that a woman can't understand football enough to comment on the men's game is ludicrous as well. I'd go so far as to say making that point is trolling rather than a genuinely held belief.

Pretty depressing thread, all in.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The idea that women should only be on women's football shows is as prehistoric as it is ridiculous.

And the idea that a woman can't understand football enough to comment on the men's game is ludicrous as well. I'd go so far as to say making that point is trolling rather than a genuinely held belief.

Well said.

That’s not what most are saying. However, like with many pundits in this country, majority of them are useless when it comes to insight and knowledge. Playing the woman’s game doesn’t automatically mean they understand the men’s game. The women’s game in this country is a million miles from the male version.

You should be allowed to criticise their selection without being branded a troll or sexist. Just like I can criticise Rae, Craigan, Stewart etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    That’s not what most are saying. However, like with many pundits in this country, majority of them are useless when it comes to insight and knowledge. Playing the woman’s game doesn’t automatically mean they understand the men’s game. The women’s game in this country is a million miles from the male version.

You should be allowed to criticise their selection without being branded a troll or sexist. Just like I can criticise Rae, Craigan, Stewart etc.
    You may well argue that the woman’s game is of a different standard to that of the men’s. But to argue they therefore have some sort of inferior intellect or understanding of the game overall is as the previous poster put, prehistoric. Outright ridiculous even.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Of course you can criticise, and i never said most people have said that on this thread. I’ve criticised Shelley Kerr on this thread.

I refuse to accept that women can’t understand the men’s game, irrespective of the level they’ve played at. That point is absurd and insulting.

Its still the same game. Some people are claiming its just tokenism to have women on these shows. Ive no issue with someone thinking a pundit isnt any good, but its has nothing to do with the sex of that pundit and if you think otherwise then that is clearly sexism. Same with people thinking a woman can't ref the mens game. Twitter was as depressing as expected when they announced the female ref down south this week.

Of course you can criticise, and i never said most people have said that on this thread. I’ve criticised Shelley Kerr on this thread.

I refuse to accept that women can’t understand the men’s game, irrespective of the level they’ve played at. That point is absurd and insulting.
    Of course they can, just as a non footballing person can. However to say they are qualified because they’ve been to a World Cup is just wrong, and just as insulting. Otherwise anyone that’s played amateur level football would be qualified to comment on top level men’s games.

She gives females in football a bad name. I find it really difficult to defend female punditry in Scotland because they're as poor as the male ones, it'sjust that they get it tighter because they're newer to it. Michael Stewart and to a far lesser extent Stephen Thomson are the only ones I can tolerate listening to.
    Shelley Kerr is insufferable. The voice alone makes me hit the mute button.

Its still the same game. Some people are claiming its just tokenism to have women on these shows. Ive no issue with someone thinking a pundit isnt any good, but its has nothing to do with the sex of that pundit and if you think otherwise then that is clearly sexism. Same with people thinking a woman can't ref the mens game. Twitter was as depressing as expected when they announced the female ref down south this week.
    The same game but completely different levels. I think people should be allowed to question, if someone is a piss poor pundit, as to why they are there. That’s not sexist at all. If your not the best person for the job but end up in that job, why are you there? It’s no different to men getting jobs just because they were men in other walks of life.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Of course they can, just as a non footballing person can. However to say they are qualified because they’ve been to a World Cup is just wrong, and just as insulting. Otherwise anyone that’s played amateur level football would be qualified to comment on top level men’s games.
    That comparison is totally flawed, to the point where i don’t even know where to start with it.

I’m going to step out of this conversation here, I’ve said plenty on this subject previously on other threads and i have no intention of going over old ground.

Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    You may well argue that the woman’s game is of a different standard to that of the men’s. But to argue they therefore have some sort of inferior intellect or understanding of the game overall is as the previous poster put, prehistoric. Outright ridiculous even.

The argument was actually that because someone has been to a world
    Cup that she’s qualified to the relevant standard to be a good pundit. Which is complete nonsense.

That comparison is totally flawed, to the point where i don’t even know where to start with it.

I’m going to step out of this conversation here, I’ve said plenty on this subject previously on other threads and i have no intention of going over old ground.
    Why is it flawed? Both levels are so far from the men’s professional game, it’s all the same sport as you said. Why would a male amateur player have any less of an understanding than a female player? With the exception of the top professional players, the women’s game is extremely poor, although improving.

Kerr went from the Mens lowland league to the national women’s team manager, take the lowland league side of it, would you expect the manager of Stiring uni now to end up on tele commenting on top level football just because he/she has managed Stirling uni? No, they would need to be a good pundit for that to happen, if they were poor they’d be nowhere near it.

Thats just rubbish. Its the same game. The majority of the pundits are all similarly quailed as far as coaching etc goes also. You're digging a hole here that makes no sense whatsoever.

Thats just rubbish. Its the same game. The majority of the pundits are all similarly quailed as far as coaching etc goes also. You're digging a hole here that makes no sense whatsoever.
    See previous post, why’s it rubbish? Coaching qualifications mean absolutely nothing. I could work my way up the licences now, but with no tv experience would be a seriously poor pundit. Shelley Kerr is woeful, just because she’s been to a World Cup doesn’t make her qualified to be on the tele, that was the original argument.

See previous post, why’s it rubbish? Coaching qualifications mean absolutely nothing. I could work my way up the licences now, but with no tv experience would be a seriously poor pundit. Shelley Kerr is woeful, just because she’s been to a World Cup doesn’t make her qualified to be on the tele, that was the original argument.
    The original argument that someone is poor is fine...no issue with that. But you then went down the lane of playing in the womens games doesnt give you the knowledge to comment on the mens game. Thats nonsense. The majority of male ex players that appear on these shows are rubbish. Its nothing to do with the sex of the person. Nothing at all.

She’s been doing punditry no longer than what, a year? Who knows where she’ll be in a few years time if you perhaps gave her the opportunity to settle and develop further. Really don’t understand your view around the World Cup but after all this Im far from surprised.

The original argument that someone is poor is fine...no issue with that. But you then went down the lane of playing in the womens games doesnt give you the knowledge to comment on the mens game. Thats nonsense. The majority of male ex players that appear on these shows are rubbish. Its nothing to do with the sex of the person. Nothing at all.
    No, the person said that because she’d been to a World Cup two years ago she was qualified. That’s not true. I agree the majority of male pundits are poor. Managing a woman’s side doesn’t automatically give you the knowledge and experience to comment on the Scottish Premiership though, just like playing and managing at a lower level of Scottish men’s football doesn’t.