hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 483

Thread: Shelly Kerr

  1. #121
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzeesleftfoot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has there ever been a more inarticulate pundit than Shelly Kerr??

    Not only that her analysis is awful.

    I completely agree with more gender balance in football, however England have Alex Scott, who is articulate, understands the game, likeable and relatable, compared to Skeletor in Scotland.....
    The gender / race balance does my head in.

    Shelly would be nowhere near the screen if she wasnít female.
    Alex Scott wouldnít either, she ticks all the boxes for equality.

    Biggest thing for me is the quality - its pants.
    Weíve seen the introduction of Micah Richards on Sky, building a great relationship standing up to Roy Keane and theyíre a great insight to the game and speak their mind rather than cliches.

    Neville and Carragher show on MNF when they analyse games is an excellent watch.
    Souness is also great to listen to.

    We scrape the barrel with Kerr, Craigan, Fleeting, Naismith. I rarely watch the programmes with these clowns if I have to as it involves Hibernian then I turn them down at HT / FT.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    17,228
    I thought Richard Foster was really good tonight, first time Iíve seen him on tv.

    United we stand here....

  4. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Richard Foster was really good tonight, first time Iíve seen him on tv.
    Actually thought all 3 were good - ok bit rusty but like the light hearted chat rather than the raging Boyd and cliches from the usual muppets.

  5. #124
    @hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worcester, Sassanachland
    Posts
    2,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Her qualities as a pundit can be raised without mentioning her appearance. Willie Miller has been getting a kicking for being a windbag, no one has mentioned his appearance.
    to be fair I said he looked like a dehydrated pink bowling ball without his tash on a previous thread..

  6. #125
    @hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worcester, Sassanachland
    Posts
    2,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The gender / race balance does my head in.

    Shelly would be nowhere near the screen if she wasnít female.
    Alex Scott wouldnít either, she ticks all the boxes for equality.

    Biggest thing for me is the quality - its pants.
    Weíve seen the introduction of Micah Richards on Sky, building a great relationship standing up to Roy Keane and theyíre a great insight to the game and speak their mind rather than cliches.

    Neville and Carragher show on MNF when they analyse games is an excellent watch.
    Souness is also great to listen to.

    We scrape the barrel with Kerr, Craigan, Fleeting, Naismith. I rarely watch the programmes with these clowns if I have to as it involves Hibernian then I turn them down at HT / FT.
    we need more Marvin Bartley !

  7. #126
    For an ex-pro to be any use as an analyst they MUST be able to point out things we donít notice/know. Very few of them do as most are still in cliche-mode having been players for so long.

    I donít care if pundits are men or women but they should have their privileged position on merit. I think a lot of the women ex-players are safety first and offer very little. Itís become fashionable to say Alex Scott is a superb pundit but Iíve never once heard her say anything insightful or eye opening. More often than not she rattles off cliches at high speed and often gets totally lost.

    Shelley Kerr is beyond bad and itís scary to think she was coach of our womenís national team.

  8. #127
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For an ex-pro to be any use as an analyst they MUST be able to point out things we donít notice/know. Very few of them do as most are still in cliche-mode having been players for so long.

    I donít care if pundits are men or women but they should have their privileged position on merit. I think a lot of the women ex-players are safety first and offer very little. Itís become fashionable to say Alex Scott is a superb pundit but Iíve never once heard her say anything insightful or eye opening. More often than not she rattles off cliches at high speed and often gets totally lost.

    Shelley Kerr is beyond bad and itís scary to think she was coach of our womenís national team.
    Did you watch the Argentina game? The worst piece of game management Iíve ever seen, bar none.

  9. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Richard Foster was really good tonight, first time Iíve seen him on tv.
    He was - ht chat about going to 4 at the back and how itíd change the dynamics etc. Telling us stuff we might not know rather than just repeating what weíve watched. Heís been good on the Friday night radio preview show with Mikey Stewart as well, more of him please bbc.

    Marvin closing the sell Boyle to a bigger club chat down was also good.
    Last edited by Danderhall Hibs; 05-04-2021 at 09:50 PM.

  10. #129
    @hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Age
    72
    Posts
    1,571
    Foster and Marv clearly respected what each was saying. Good banter as well when Marv pointed out the Livi game as a highlight of the next round. How refreshing to actually have 2 articulate intelligent ex-players with a bit of enthusiasm.

  11. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you watch the Argentina game? The worst piece of game management Iíve ever seen, bar none.
    Yeah ... and her drunken de-brief on the back of it.

    If people were serious about equality she should have been criticised much more severely ... and certainly not ending up landing a tv gig to spout bland cliches.
    Last edited by Shrekko; 05-04-2021 at 09:58 PM.

  12. #131
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was - ht chat about going to 4 at the back and how itíd change the dynamics etc. Telling us stuff we might not know rather than just repeating what weíve watched. Heís been good on the Friday night radio preview show with Mikey Stewart as well, more of him please bbc.

    Marvin closing the sell Boyle to a bigger club chat down was also good.
    "Hibs are a big club".

  13. #132
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,672
    Did I hear right that the commentator said "it's hard to believe it's nearly a decade since Hibs won the Cup"? It's not even five years yet!

  14. #133
    Coaching Staff Iain G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did I hear right that the commentator said "it's hard to believe it's nearly a decade since Hibs won the Cup"? It's not even five years yet!
    He said half a decade 😁

  15. #134
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He said half a decade 😁
    Ah right. But who ever uses the term "half a decade"? Unless you want to make five years sound longer than five years, even though it is five years.

  16. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Foster and Marv clearly respected what each was saying. Good banter as well when Marv pointed out the Livi game as a highlight of the next round. How refreshing to actually have 2 articulate intelligent ex-players with a bit of enthusiasm.
    They're both still playing.

  17. #136
    First Team Regular TelaStella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We all know they arnt on their for their abilities as the best people for the job they are on their because they are female and this whole gender equality has taken over. Iím all for Ďpeopleí being in roles on merit, male, female, straight, gay makes no odds but donít try shoehorn someone into it ironically because of their gender. Am I the only one who things itís a big contradiction in hiring people because they are female? BBC Ď to be seen as inclusive, equally, diverse letís go hire some females to up the Quota so no one can accuse us of anythingíí. People are too nervous of discussing the subject incase they are seen as sexist etc, I personally donít care itís what I believe is going on and itís for the wrong reasons.
    Only took her scotland side to a World Cup just 2 years ago. One of only 2 first team managers to do so in 20+ years btw. Youíre probably right though, being a woman must be great eh.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #137
    Coaching Staff SMAXXA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,640
    Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only took her scotland side to a World Cup just 2 years ago. One of only 2 first team managers to do so in 20+ years btw. Youíre probably right though, being a woman must be great eh.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iíve read this a few times and still have no idea what your point is?

  19. #138
    First Team Regular TelaStella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alex Scott is adorable. Surely to goodness sake there must be a bonnie lass from the Scottish womens set up who could do some punditry?
    Most folk usually watch football for the football, ken?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #139
    First Team Regular TelaStella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíve read this a few times and still have no idea what your point is?
    More confused by your own point where you think a former World Cup managerís only ability to discuss football is the fact sheís a woman.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More confused by your own point where you think a former World Cup managerís only ability to discuss football is the fact sheís a woman.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thereís a huge gulf between what she managed and what sheís commenting on though. Or can someone whoís played or managed at the homeless World Cup guarantee themselves a place on the BBC sportscene panel?

  22. #141
    Coaching Staff SMAXXA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,640
    Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More confused by your own point where you think a former World Cup managerís only ability to discuss football is the fact sheís a woman.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think my point was articulated fine, are you saying because she took the womenís team or any team for that matter to a WC she qualifies to be a pundit? There are many ex pros who are clearly not suitable for a media position despite having successful careers. So in conclusion I really donít get your point?

  23. #142
    Coaching Staff SMAXXA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,640
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thereís a huge gulf between what she managed and what sheís commenting on though. Or can someone whoís played or managed at the homeless World Cup guarantee themselves a place on the BBC sportscene panel?
    Correct, it was bizarre rational imo

  24. #143
    First Team Regular TelaStella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thereís a huge gulf between what she managed and what sheís commenting on though. Or can someone whoís played or managed at the homeless World Cup guarantee themselves a place on the BBC sportscene panel?
    Guys like Darren Fletcher and Jake Humphrey seem to get away with it every week, whoíd they manage? comparing the womanís World Cup to the homeless World Cup is just a bit low for me to get sucked into.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #144
    Coaching Staff SMAXXA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,640
    Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys like Darren Fletcher and Jake Humphrey seem to get away with it every week, whoíd they manage? comparing the womanís World Cup to the homeless World Cup is just a bit low for me to get sucked into.

    And for the record DF is hands down better than SK in the pundit stakes.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Darren fletcher had a career that anyone S Kerr included could only dream of having. Iíd say he is better placed than most to give his view on football however my original point stands a good player/manager doesnít automatically translate to a good pundit

  26. #145
    First Team Regular TelaStella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think my point was articulated fine, are you saying because she took the womenís team or any team for that matter to a WC she qualifies to be a pundit? There are many ex pros who are clearly not suitable for a media position despite having successful careers. So in conclusion I really donít get your point?
    Shock but... Yes? Would imagine such a cv qualifies you quite well to seek a career in football punditry actually. So far sheís probably the leading female pundit in Scotland where there really isnít many more to choose from. Itís early days for her and Iím sure sheíll have much more to learn and improve on but frankly we should all be for inclusion and seeing more woman and girls in such positions. I think she deserves some slack, thatís all.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #146
    First Team Regular TelaStella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Darren fletcher had a career that anyone S Kerr included could only dream of having. Iíd say he is better placed than most to give his view on football however my original point stands a good player/manager doesnít automatically translate to a good pundit
    I was referring to Darren Fletcher from BT Sport. Not Manchester United but perhaps should of made that clearer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #147
    Coaching Staff SMAXXA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,640
    Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shock but... Yes? Would imagine such a cv qualifies you quite well to seek a career in football punditry actually. So far sheís probably the leading female pundit in Scotland where there really isnít many more to choose from. Itís early days for her and Iím sure sheíll have much more to learn and improve on but frankly we should all be for inclusion and seeing more woman and girls in such positions. I think she deserves some slack, thatís all.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iíd say Eilidh Barbour and Leanne Crichton are both far better women pundits (granted EB is more a presenter) and Iíd say would have them as leading before SK. Itís nothing to do with her gender itís the fact sheís pretty poor imo

  29. #148
    Richard Foster thinks being fast in Scotland doesn't make you fast in England.

  30. #149
    First Team Regular TelaStella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíd say Eilidh Barbour and Leanne Crichton are both far better women pundits (granted EB is more a presenter) and Iíd say would have them as leading before SK. Itís nothing to do with her gender itís the fact sheís pretty poor imo
    Eilidh Barbour and Leanne Crichton are both very good pundits too. At least we can agree on that mate .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. #150
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,368
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys like Darren Fletcher and Jake Humphrey seem to get away with it every week, whoíd they manage? comparing the womanís World Cup to the homeless World Cup is just a bit low for me to get sucked into.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iíd back the homeless World Cup team to beat the womenís team.

    Itís not that relevant, but that seems to be a running theme.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)