My spidey senses are tingling might be a jambo

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don’t mind her tbh

Looks disinterested when other pundits are speaking

My spidey senses are tingling might be a jambo
    Tick the BBC Jambo box and you're in, the rest is irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Once you hear her say "brilliant" it's all you bloomin hear! Every 2nd word is "brilliant"

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    All I hear when she talks is the ‘I can definitely smell *****’ woman out of chewing the fat

A lot of ex players, male and female, are terrible as pundits. There needs to be a balance between knowing the game and being able to communicate reasonably well.

FWIW, I agree about Gabby Logan and thought she was a decent presenter.

Blog Entries
    Michael Stewart is, IMO, mostly a fine analyst after the fact. However I'm glad to read some criticism on here as I think he's a poor co commentator, always trying to make smart a*se comments to his fellow commentator. He's also much less insightful when having to do it live though he's still way ahead of most when it comes to understanding what's happening.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    Shelly Kerr is awful,but so is Leanne Crichton and Julie Fleeting.They seem to have read The Book Of Worst Football Cliches and churn them out continuously.
    I have nothing against women presenters.When I watched Match Of The Day thought Gabby Logan was far superior to the oily sycophantic Gary Linecker.
    Can’t believe some posters think Jane Lewis is any good.She stutters and stammers and forgets what she started to say.
    She hit the buffers of embarrassment one afternoon on Sportsound when trying to do a tribute to the late Tommy Docherty.She asked Michael Stewart how he got on with The Doc when he was at Manchester United.Fair play to Stewart instead of telling her to F*** Off he said through gritted teeth that he was at United a long time after The Doc.
    IMO she should have got her jotters for sheer ignorance.
    I don’t mid Leanne Chrichton, she’s improved the more she’s on. I only watch her on the Friday night live games and she always seems pretty decent. Obviously if it turns out she’s a Jambo, then I reserve the right to retract my praise of her.

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I don’t mid Leanne Chrichton, she’s improved the more she’s on. I only watch her on the Friday night live games and she always seems pretty decent. Obviously if it turns out she’s a Jambo, then I reserve the right to retract my praise of her.
    I like her, she’s better than a lot of the pundits on there.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I like her, she’s better than a lot of the pundits on there.
    Beat of a bad bunch is the best compliment I can give her.

Maybe they need to sack off the ex footballers and use journalists (male or female) or something. Articulate ones that can string a sentence together.
    Last edited by Danderhall Hibs; 04-04-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Beat of a bad bunch is the best compliment I can give her.

Maybe they need to sack off the ex footballers and use journalists (male or female) or something. Articulate ones that can string a sentence together.
    Then you end up with erses like Tom English, no ta.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Then you end up with erses like Tom English, no ta.
    Still better - it was his opinions we didn’t like not his delivery or knowledge.

If the best we’ve got is Kerr, Miller, Dodds or Preston then I’d rather we didn’t bother. Just commentate and end the programme.

Chris Iwelumo is a pretty decent pundit IMO.

Left by mutual consent!
    Funny, I was thinking same today. Not only is her punditry poor but she looks, how can I put it,.... Haggered and worn out.

Classic BBC for you though.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Bring back Craig Patterson. Dissapeared off the face of the earth

Coaching Staff
    The reality is men’s football and women’s football are different.

Nothing wrong with that at all but if women are now pretty much mandatory as pundits in the men’s game then I’m afraid they aren’t going to be providing much professional insight, which is what pundits are largely there to do. In comparison to the top level of the men’s game you’d get much the same insight from anyone who’s played at juvenile level in the men’s game which I think is probably actually a bit higher a level than any of the female ex players have played.

If they are there to give the general chat that a journalist would then fair enough but most of the time that’s not really the case.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Funny, I was thinking same today. Not only is her punditry poor but she looks, how can I put it,.... Haggered and worn out.

Her qualities as a pundit can be raised without mentioning her appearance. Willie Miller has been getting a kicking for being a windbag, no one has mentioned his appearance.

Testimonial Due
    There’s probably been more inarticulate (Derek Ferguson) but she is terrible. Speaks in cliche and adds nothing to the analysis.

I’m not bothered about women pundits - as long as they can give me something I didn’t know (same goes for the men pundits).
    I like Derek Ferguson. He's pretty self deprecating and delivers fair punditry. Agree Kerr is awful and Chris Iwelomo is in the same boat

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Her qualities as a pundit can be raised without mentioning her appearance. Willie Miller has been getting a kicking for being a windbag, no one has mentioned his appearance.
    We got this the last time and then comments got deleted.

Since then I’ve seen many comments about how footballers or pundits look. Yes, it does happen and no one cares until it is a woman.

The thread you mention has a comment about Pressley’s face. Did you call that one out?
    Last edited by Andy74; 04-04-2021 at 06:07 PM.

Testimonial Due
    I've never got past the slavering of Pressley to consciously think about his pus. Just remember him as more of a wrestler than a footballer. Thankfully Berra from the same WWF school is getting closer to retirement
    Last edited by JoeT; 04-04-2021 at 06:39 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Billy Dodds isn't half as bad as folk make out. At least he knows the players and can give some informed comment about shape, formation etc.

Iwelumo is pretty good as a pundit. Can't abide Shelley Kerr I'm afraid.

Alex Rae worst co-commentator by a mile.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

Nothing wrong with that at all but if women are now pretty much mandatory as pundits in the men’s game then I’m afraid they aren’t going to be providing much professional insight, which is what pundits are largely there to do. In comparison to the top level of the men’s game you’d get much the same insight from anyone who’s played at juvenile level in the men’s game which I think is probably actually a bit higher a level than any of the female ex players have played.

If they are there to give the general chat that a journalist would then fair enough but most of the time that’s not really the case.
    There’s more insightful analysis on Quick Bang or Longbangers than there is on the bbc - to my knowledge none of them have played football at even juvenile level.

Does that differ from Athlerics? Mens will always be of a higher standard due to the physicality same in football, yet the female pundits are just as qualified and as good as the men as it is the same discipline.

Kerr surely has done the same badges as the men and therefore should be able to provide some insight & knowledge on tactics etc...

I dont like what appears to be a quota to fill. It shouldn't matter if its 3 females or whatever so long as they are good and knowledgeable. It is relatively new in what has always been a Male dominated, if not exclusive role until now.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    What about the two clowns on Killie TV? 😃

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post

Male model yourself are you?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

Since then I’ve seen many comments about how footballers or pundits look. Yes, it does happen and no one cares until it is a woman.

The thread you mention has a comment about Pressley’s face. Did you call that one out?
    I’ve seen them too and I’m mystified that the HNA1 polis is not all over this dishing out deletions and infractions in the previous manner. Happened to me with not as much a passing comment from me on how she looked. I just thought she was a wummin that was better placed talking about wummins football. Pig that I am.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar

i’m sorry I can’t agree with this.

i don’t keep a score card but it really is clear that in all sorts of walks of life women are far more likely to be criticised for their appearance than men.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Andy74;6516370]We got this the last time and then comments got deleted.

The thread you mention has a comment about Pressley’s face. Did you call that one out?[/QUOTE

I did not see the post you mention actually.

I might be in a minority here but commenting on a woman’s appearance when she’s a tiny minority in an otherwise male dominated sport, including punditry, isn’t that sexist?

I’m genuinely asking the question and want some one to explain why it isn’t if you disagree.

There’s more insightful analysis on Quick Bang or Longbangers than there is on the bbc - to my knowledge none of them have played football at even juvenile level.
    I'd say juvenile is their level. 🙃

BBC Scotland’s approach of having one male and one female is getting a bit silly. They could surely mix it up from time to time whilst still going from a diverse pool.

Although Kerr is rubbish, she is generally no worse than the average pundit on the BBC.

The only one I’ve seen recently who offered any genuine insight on tactics and offered something different was Shaun Maloney. I seem to remember even he was slated on here though as he “sounded posh”.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    Male model yourself are you?
    yeah bit of a cheapshot that’s going out with the dinosaurs.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.