hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shelly Kerr

Hybrid View

Shelly Kerr

Has there ever been a more inarticulate pundit than Shelly Kerr??

Not only that her analysis is awful.

I completely agree with more gender balance in football, however England have Alex Scott, who is articulate, understands the game, likeable and relatable, compared to Skeletor in Scotland.....

@hibs.net private member
    There’s probably been more inarticulate (Derek Ferguson) but she is terrible. Speaks in cliche and adds nothing to the analysis.

I’m not bothered about women pundits - as long as they can give me something I didn’t know (same goes for the men pundits).

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There’s probably been more inarticulate (Derek Ferguson) but she is terrible. Speaks in cliche and adds nothing to the analysis.

I’m not bothered about women pundits - as long as they can give me something I didn’t know (same goes for the men pundits).
    I like Derek Ferguson. He's pretty self deprecating and delivers fair punditry. Agree Kerr is awful and Chris Iwelomo is in the same boat

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzeesleftfoot View Post
    Has there ever been a more inarticulate pundit than Shelly Kerr??

Not only that her analysis is awful.

I completely agree with more gender balance in football, however England have Alex Scott, who is articulate, understands the game, likeable and relatable, compared to Skeletor in Scotland.....
    Alex Scott is adorable. Surely to goodness sake there must be a bonnie lass from the Scottish womens set up who could do some punditry?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Alex Scott is adorable. Surely to goodness sake there must be a bonnie lass from the Scottish womens set up who could do some punditry?
    She doesn’t need to be tidy - just insightful. I don’t think Gary Neville got the MNF job due to his looks.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    She doesn’t need to be tidy - just insightful. I don’t think Gary Neville got the MNF job due to his looks.
    What about Jamie Redknapp?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    What about Jamie Redknapp?
    Married to Louise who was tidy.

Fair point.

Bore off and come back with opinions relevant to 2021 🖕

First Team Breakthrough My old man's Avatar
    Was tidy ???
    She’s still tidy (in ma wee wurld) haha
    GG2TH

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    What's being adorable or bonnie got to do with the ability to critique games of football?

Or have I been whooshed?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    What's being adorable or bonnie got to do with the ability to critique games of football?

Or have I been whooshed?
    Not whooshed, just you being you.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Not whooshed, just you being you.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Or have I been whooshed?
    Presumably similar to your avatar picture - not completely necessary, but a welcome easy-on-the-eye addition

Most folk usually watch football for the football, ken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuinely think we’ve got the worst pundits and commentators in world football. Shame Darren Fletcher got the job at United as he was really good on Sky at the start of the season.

Stuck with idiots like Boyd, Kerr, Stewart, Craigan, Hartson, Rae, Provan, Walker - the list goes on. Thankfully Commons is a goner as him and Boyd together was unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Genuinely think we’ve got the worst pundits and commentators in world football. Shame Darren Fletcher got the job at United as he was really good on Sky at the start of the season.

Stuck with idiots like Boyd, Kerr, Stewart, Craigan, Hartson, Rae, Provan, Walker - the list goes on. Thankfully Commons is a goner as him and Boyd together was unbearable.
    I’ve always had a tin foil what mentality when it comes to sky and Scottish football.

I think it suits their agenda to have folk like Andy Walker and Davie Provan talking down our game so kids prefer English clubs instead.

I don’t know what BBC’s excuse is though.

I’ve always had a tin foil what mentality when it comes to sky and Scottish football.

I think it suits their agenda to have folk like Andy Walker and Davie Provan talking down our game so kids prefer English clubs instead.

I share the same theory lol. Listening to Provan during the Scotland games was unbearable. So depressing. He souunded raging when we scored our equaliser against Israel.

I watched the highlights on Sportscene that night. And Mikey Stewart was the complete opposite.

Sky could get McCoist to commentate on Scotland games instead he is watching England matches on ITV/STV 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by CorrieHibs View Post
    I share the same theory lol. Listening to Provan during the Scotland games was unbearable. So depressing. He souunded raging when we scored our equaliser against Israel.

I watched the highlights on Sportscene that night. And Mikey Stewart was the complete opposite.

Sky could get McCoist to commentate on Scotland games instead he is watching England matches on ITV/STV 🙄
    Stewart might sound the opposite, but his knowledge is horrendous. Countless times during a game he will come out with some utter nonsense, and listening to him and Craigan go on for nearly the whole second half yesterday about why Turnbull wasn’t in the Scotland squad was getting a bit much.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Don’t mind her tbh

Looks disinterested when other pundits are speaking

My spidey senses are tingling might be a jambo

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Don’t mind her tbh

Looks disinterested when other pundits are speaking

My spidey senses are tingling might be a jambo
    Tick the BBC Jambo box and you're in, the rest is irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Nail on the head the Sky sports head Wakeling ? admitted as much that they were trying to talk Scottish football down. Compare and contrast with EPL and championship coverage which even the worst games get very little criticism.

Agreed - a really poor selection

Kerr is awful and not surprised she was sacked from National side. Should have left earlier as manager after failure of the World Cup performances. Caldwell is also poor and when I saw both of them together I thought time for some cliches.

Jane Lewis is actually really good and needs more airtime.

I like Stephen Thompson as he doesn’t take himself too seriously but I’ve watched some Spanish football and the insight at times from some commentators / co commentators is far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

Kerr is awful and not surprised she was sacked from National side. Should have left earlier as manager after failure of the World Cup performances. Caldwell is also poor and when I saw both of them together I thought time for some cliches.

I like Stephen Thompson as he doesn’t take himself too seriously but I’ve watched some Spanish football and the insight at times from some commentators / co commentators is far superior.
    Think Jane Lewis speaks well enough but her knowledge again shows her up when doing interviews and presenting. Everything is so basic around our game, never hear any single expert talk about shape or small details that have big impacts on games. Premier sports was like Celtic tv last night with Strachan Stubbs and Stewart, and it’ll be like Rangers tv today no doubt with folk like Alec rae etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

actually think she is awful. Didn't see yesterday's coverage but have listened to her presenting sportsound and you would struggle to find anyone worse prepared. Constantly got names wrong and just didn't give the impression she had any real knowledge of the game

Stewart is an excellent pundit, hugely unfair to lump him in with folk like Walker and Provan who genuinely must have got the Sky jobs because there were mates with Nicholas, jeez Alan McInally still gets a job from them.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Stewart is an excellent pundit, hugely unfair to lump him in with folk like Walker and Provan who genuinely must have got the Sky jobs because there were mates with Nicholas, jeez Alan McInally still gets a job from them.
    In what way? He like all others gives absolutely no meaningful insight into games, teams, shapes, passages of play. His biomechanics and the likes are hilarious. He may be more enthusiastic about the game but I want my pundits to give me things I don’t know myself and Stewart is miles from that. If you listened to Mikey Stewart and Craigan last night and tbo cut ‘were getting value for money here’ then fair play.

In what way? He like all others gives absolutely no meaningful insight into games, teams, shapes, passages of play. His biomechanics and the likes are hilarious. He may be more enthusiastic about the game but I want my pundits to give me things I don’t know myself and Stewart is miles from that. If you listened to Mikey Stewart and Craigan last night and tbo cut ‘were getting value for money here’ then fair play.
    Personally think his analysis is decent and does analyse re shape etc. Didn't see him last night however he is miles clear of all the other dross you listed.

Biomechanics ?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Biomechanics ?
    When talking about a Motherwell player being sent off a few years ago started talking about biomechanics and the like. He’s a slaver just like the rest of them.