hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Shelly Kerr

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzeesleftfoot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has there ever been a more inarticulate pundit than Shelly Kerr??

Not only that her analysis is awful.

I completely agree with more gender balance in football, however England have Alex Scott, who is articulate, understands the game, likeable and relatable, compared to Skeletor in Scotland.....
    The gender / race balance does my head in.

Shelly would be nowhere near the screen if she wasn’t female.
    Alex Scott wouldn’t either, she ticks all the boxes for equality.

Biggest thing for me is the quality - its pants.
    We’ve seen the introduction of Micah Richards on Sky, building a great relationship standing up to Roy Keane and they’re a great insight to the game and speak their mind rather than cliches.

Neville and Carragher show on MNF when they analyse games is an excellent watch.
    Souness is also great to listen to.

We scrape the barrel with Kerr, Craigan, Fleeting, Naismith. I rarely watch the programmes with these clowns if I have to as it involves Hibernian then I turn them down at HT / FT.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I thought Richard Foster was really good tonight, first time I’ve seen him on tv.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I thought Richard Foster was really good tonight, first time I’ve seen him on tv.
    Actually thought all 3 were good - ok bit rusty but like the light hearted chat rather than the raging Boyd and cliches from the usual muppets.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Her qualities as a pundit can be raised without mentioning her appearance. Willie Miller has been getting a kicking for being a windbag, no one has mentioned his appearance.
    to be fair I said he looked like a dehydrated pink bowling ball without his tash on a previous thread..

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    The gender / race balance does my head in.

Shelly would be nowhere near the screen if she wasn’t female.
    Alex Scott wouldn’t either, she ticks all the boxes for equality.

Biggest thing for me is the quality - its pants.
    We’ve seen the introduction of Micah Richards on Sky, building a great relationship standing up to Roy Keane and they’re a great insight to the game and speak their mind rather than cliches.

Neville and Carragher show on MNF when they analyse games is an excellent watch.
    Souness is also great to listen to.

We scrape the barrel with Kerr, Craigan, Fleeting, Naismith. I rarely watch the programmes with these clowns if I have to as it involves Hibernian then I turn them down at HT / FT.
    we need more Marvin Bartley !

For an ex-pro to be any use as an analyst they MUST be able to point out things we don’t notice/know. Very few of them do as most are still in cliche-mode having been players for so long.

I don’t care if pundits are men or women but they should have their privileged position on merit. I think a lot of the women ex-players are safety first and offer very little. It’s become fashionable to say Alex Scott is a superb pundit but I’ve never once heard her say anything insightful or eye opening. More often than not she rattles off cliches at high speed and often gets totally lost.

Shelley Kerr is beyond bad and it’s scary to think she was coach of our women’s national team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    For an ex-pro to be any use as an analyst they MUST be able to point out things we don’t notice/know. Very few of them do as most are still in cliche-mode having been players for so long.

I don’t care if pundits are men or women but they should have their privileged position on merit. I think a lot of the women ex-players are safety first and offer very little. It’s become fashionable to say Alex Scott is a superb pundit but I’ve never once heard her say anything insightful or eye opening. More often than not she rattles off cliches at high speed and often gets totally lost.

Shelley Kerr is beyond bad and it’s scary to think she was coach of our women’s national team.
    Did you watch the Argentina game? The worst piece of game management I’ve ever seen, bar none.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    He was - ht chat about going to 4 at the back and how it’d change the dynamics etc. Telling us stuff we might not know rather than just repeating what we’ve watched. He’s been good on the Friday night radio preview show with Mikey Stewart as well, more of him please bbc.

Marvin closing the sell Boyle to a bigger club chat down was also good.
    Last edited by Danderhall Hibs; 05-04-2021 at 09:50 PM.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Foster and Marv clearly respected what each was saying. Good banter as well when Marv pointed out the Livi game as a highlight of the next round. How refreshing to actually have 2 articulate intelligent ex-players with a bit of enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Did you watch the Argentina game? The worst piece of game management I’ve ever seen, bar none.
    Yeah ... and her drunken de-brief on the back of it.

If people were serious about equality she should have been criticised much more severely ... and certainly not ending up landing a tv gig to spout bland cliches.
    Last edited by Shrekko; 05-04-2021 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    He was - ht chat about going to 4 at the back and how it’d change the dynamics etc. Telling us stuff we might not know rather than just repeating what we’ve watched. He’s been good on the Friday night radio preview show with Mikey Stewart as well, more of him please bbc.

Marvin closing the sell Boyle to a bigger club chat down was also good.
    "Hibs are a big club".

Did I hear right that the commentator said "it's hard to believe it's nearly a decade since Hibs won the Cup"? It's not even five years yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Did I hear right that the commentator said "it's hard to believe it's nearly a decade since Hibs won the Cup"? It's not even five years yet!
    He said half a decade 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    He said half a decade 😁
    Ah right. But who ever uses the term "half a decade"? Unless you want to make five years sound longer than five years, even though it is five years.

Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    Foster and Marv clearly respected what each was saying. Good banter as well when Marv pointed out the Livi game as a highlight of the next round. How refreshing to actually have 2 articulate intelligent ex-players with a bit of enthusiasm.
    They're both still playing.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    We all know they arnt on their for their abilities as the best people for the job they are on their because they are female and this whole gender equality has taken over. I’m all for ‘people’ being in roles on merit, male, female, straight, gay makes no odds but don’t try shoehorn someone into it ironically because of their gender. Am I the only one who things it’s a big contradiction in hiring people because they are female? BBC ‘ to be seen as inclusive, equally, diverse let’s go hire some females to up the Quota so no one can accuse us of anything’’. People are too nervous of discussing the subject incase they are seen as sexist etc, I personally don’t care it’s what I believe is going on and it’s for the wrong reasons.
    Only took her scotland side to a World Cup just 2 years ago. One of only 2 first team managers to do so in 20+ years btw. You’re probably right though, being a woman must be great eh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    Only took her scotland side to a World Cup just 2 years ago. One of only 2 first team managers to do so in 20+ years btw. You’re probably right though, being a woman must be great eh.

I’ve read this a few times and still have no idea what your point is?

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Alex Scott is adorable. Surely to goodness sake there must be a bonnie lass from the Scottish womens set up who could do some punditry?
    Most folk usually watch football for the football, ken?

I’ve read this a few times and still have no idea what your point is?
    More confused by your own point where you think a former World Cup manager’s only ability to discuss football is the fact she’s a woman.

More confused by your own point where you think a former World Cup manager’s only ability to discuss football is the fact she’s a woman.

There’s a huge gulf between what she managed and what she’s commenting on though. Or can someone who’s played or managed at the homeless World Cup guarantee themselves a place on the BBC sportscene panel?

I think my point was articulated fine, are you saying because she took the women’s team or any team for that matter to a WC she qualifies to be a pundit? There are many ex pros who are clearly not suitable for a media position despite having successful careers. So in conclusion I really don’t get your point?

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    There’s a huge gulf between what she managed and what she’s commenting on though. Or can someone who’s played or managed at the homeless World Cup guarantee themselves a place on the BBC sportscene panel?
    Correct, it was bizarre rational imo

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Guys like Darren Fletcher and Jake Humphrey seem to get away with it every week, who’d they manage? comparing the woman’s World Cup to the homeless World Cup is just a bit low for me to get sucked into.

Guys like Darren Fletcher and Jake Humphrey seem to get away with it every week, who’d they manage? comparing the woman’s World Cup to the homeless World Cup is just a bit low for me to get sucked into.

And for the record DF is hands down better than SK in the pundit stakes.

Darren fletcher had a career that anyone S Kerr included could only dream of having. I’d say he is better placed than most to give his view on football however my original point stands a good player/manager doesn’t automatically translate to a good pundit

I think my point was articulated fine, are you saying because she took the women’s team or any team for that matter to a WC she qualifies to be a pundit? There are many ex pros who are clearly not suitable for a media position despite having successful careers. So in conclusion I really don’t get your point?
    Shock but... Yes? Would imagine such a cv qualifies you quite well to seek a career in football punditry actually. So far she’s probably the leading female pundit in Scotland where there really isn’t many more to choose from. It’s early days for her and I’m sure she’ll have much more to learn and improve on but frankly we should all be for inclusion and seeing more woman and girls in such positions. I think she deserves some slack, that’s all.

Darren fletcher had a career that anyone S Kerr included could only dream of having. I’d say he is better placed than most to give his view on football however my original point stands a good player/manager doesn’t automatically translate to a good pundit
    I was referring to Darren Fletcher from BT Sport. Not Manchester United but perhaps should of made that clearer.

Shock but... Yes? Would imagine such a cv qualifies you quite well to seek a career in football punditry actually. So far she’s probably the leading female pundit in Scotland where there really isn’t many more to choose from. It’s early days for her and I’m sure she’ll have much more to learn and improve on but frankly we should all be for inclusion and seeing more woman and girls in such positions. I think she deserves some slack, that’s all.

I’d say Eilidh Barbour and Leanne Crichton are both far better women pundits (granted EB is more a presenter) and I’d say would have them as leading before SK. It’s nothing to do with her gender it’s the fact she’s pretty poor imo

Richard Foster thinks being fast in Scotland doesn't make you fast in England.

I’d say Eilidh Barbour and Leanne Crichton are both far better women pundits (granted EB is more a presenter) and I’d say would have them as leading before SK. It’s nothing to do with her gender it’s the fact she’s pretty poor imo
    Eilidh Barbour and Leanne Crichton are both very good pundits too. At least we can agree on that mate .

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty

I’d back the homeless World Cup team to beat the women’s team.

It’s not that relevant, but that seems to be a running theme.