hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #31
    Jobs for the boys right enough. I'm sure he's decent enough at what he does but does Neil McCann not come across as a right know it all, the great Messiah-good day for it lol. Yogi Hughes used to 'talk a great game', plenty waffle too but without all the sanctimony. At least he gives you a laugh now and then-his Speedos quip was comedy gold....let's just say if I bump into Hughes, I'm all for a few beers and chat but sorry Neil, count me out!( and it's nothing to do with the clubs you played for..I mean George Best played for that bloody United )


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Bob Crampsey was around now he’d get the same kind of abuse as everyone else on Sportsound.
    Bob Crampsey had more brains in his big toe than all the pundits nowadays combined.

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To the latest poster more specifically, I don't think WM comes across as calm and measured more mundane. If being totally unkind, he comes across as thick. A horrible way to term a mature, experienced adult I know but probably still the right way to describe his commentary. I don't decry his footballing ability in any way..just like John Terry..all the brains in their feet.
    Have to say I think that's harsh. Willie Miller comes across with far more wisdom than Billy Dodds, Alan Preston and Derek Ferguson. He's certainly not as inciteful as Michael Stewart but its nice to have a balance. He also communicated by far and away the most reasoned opinion on McInnes recently.

    While we all lose something with age we should be slow to dispense with those who have something to offer instead of employing young motormouth trying to make a name for themselves.

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,186
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Bob Crampsey was around now he’d get the same kind of abuse as everyone else on Sportsound.
    When Crampsey was around the editorial policy was to inform and give insight. Given the editorial policy is now to create controversy I doubt he would be on the show.

  6. #35
    As a player he was good but McLeish did all the work apart from the fact that he comments as a Dons supporter and doesn’t try to be even handed he doesn’t seem to be able to punctuate his comments he seems to be able to talk for two of three minutes without taking a breath never mind pausing to give some semblance of structure to his punditry but I suppose he is a Scottish icon and there’s not too many of them about so you need to give him a break particularly when you compare him to the likes of Preston and Potter. Takes a breath.....

  7. #36
    Testimonial Due hibby rae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    polwarth
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Commentator or reporter. I always find him really awful..in fairness to him though, he was a great defender..an even better referee still ha ha. Scotland were great at the back with Miller and the gang. Other than the great Milan backline, I've not seen better since.
    Thing that annoys me is that he, without fail, will always be the commentator for the Aberdeen games. Not exactly objective.

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by angus hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Might just be a nice change if he covered a game not involving Aberdeen! Same with Bonner for Celtic, Preston for Hearts etc.

    Hardly going to get un-biased opinions.
    Preston is scathing of Hearts on a Saturday afternoon every week.

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,186
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Preston is scathing of Hearts on a Saturday afternoon every week.
    Took him a while to get there though.

  10. #39
    I'm sure he was a great player, but as a pundit he's a definate no. There's so many on that station that are the same though.

  11. #40
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in the town
    Age
    57
    Posts
    10,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure he was a great player, but as a pundit he's a definate no. There's so many on that station that are the same though.
    Except most of them weren't great players

  12. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Bob Crampsey was around now he’d get the same kind of abuse as everyone else on Sportsound.

  13. #42
    I like him - have to say this though and once I have, you will never get it out of your head so apols in advance - 'opportunity'.

    Just listen to his comments next time....

  14. #43
    He's very boring.

  15. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Commentator or reporter. I always find him really awful..in fairness to him though, he was a great defender..an even better referee still ha ha. Scotland were great at the back with Miller and the gang. Other than the great Milan backline, I've not seen better since.
    Not a patch on Big Marv..

  16. #45
    I've not got a problem with Willie Miller really, I don't always agree with his comments, but he doesn't just jump on the Sportsound bandwagon he has his own opinions. Some of the comments on here about him as a player I totally disagree with, he was an excellent player for a really good Aberdeen team. I disagree that McLeish was a better player than him as well, but that's just my opinion.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)