hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 197
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While I agree, if they’re both oot and Hibs get beat then we can’t root for them to win it can we? Chances are one of those two will win it, the chances of someone not us or the old firm winning it are slim anyway so I’m not getting all worked up about draws. Rangers haven’t won a domestic cup in so long that they’ll have the bit between their teeth now, and Celtic haven’t not won a trophy in a season in so long that they won’t want that to happen. And we’re the third best side by a distance. Our draw to the semi couldn’t have been kinder and once we get there I want us to avoid Rangers/Celtic as usual.

    Out of the others that I could see winning it, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, st mirren and Dundee United, only two of them will be in the semi if one of the uglies get there. And in a final I can’t see any of them beating Rangers or Celtic; their best chance would be in a semi.

    If someone has said it’s a disastrous draw I don’t agree with them though.
    St Mirren have already knocked Rangers out of a cup competition this season, no reason why they can't do it again. Celtic are definitely beatable. The SC's more open than some people think, but I take your points about the theoretical results.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    St Mirren have already knocked Rangers out of a cup competition this season, no reason why they can't do it again. Celtic are definitely beatable. The SC's more open than some people think, but I take your points about the theoretical results.
    They have, Rangers also had the league to win, and still in Europe at that point. The cup is their only focus now. Celtic likewise. They were under huge scrutiny, now I’d imagine their fans will be more supportive as it’s the only thing they can now win. Just think it’ll be very difficult for anyone to get close to either of them, with us obviously best placed.

  4. #123
    @hibs.net private member Corstorphine Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Age
    53
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be very surprised if anyone that's not called Sevco wins it. They are out Europe and the league is won so they have no distractions from the cup.
    So, just like 2016 then?

  5. #124
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The land of winter
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Corstorphine Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, just like 2016 then?
    bit different

  6. #125
    @hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    6,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Corstorphine Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, just like 2016 then?
    Hmm a bit like that apart from being nothing like that

  7. #126
    Have this feeling that we are heading for a Hibs v Huns Final and we will either burst there double chance or blow there unbeaten run in the league.Hopefully both!!! Just one of these strange occuring thoughts.How sweet would that be and no i have not been drinking.

  8. #127
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    14,113
    Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have this feeling that we are heading for a Hibs v Huns Final and we will either burst there double chance or blow there unbeaten run in the league.Hopefully both!!! Just one of these strange occuring thoughts.How sweet would that be and no i have not been drinking.
    That’s the spirit. No pun intended

  9. #128
    @hibs.net private member Corstorphine Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Age
    53
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmm a bit like that apart from being nothing like that
    If you say so.

  10. #129
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Fife
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,105
    I reckon our game will be on TV along with Aberdeen v Livingston and the bigot fest. Premier Sports won't pick a second game.

  11. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I reckon our game will be on TV along with Aberdeen v Livingston and the bigot fest. Premier Sports won't pick a second game.
    As much as I joked that they’d show the old firm game twice, they don’t have a choice but to show a second game I’d imagine as part of their contract.

  12. #131
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Fife
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,105
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As much as I joked that they’d show the old firm game twice, they don’t have a choice but to show a second game I’d imagine as part of their contract.
    I suppose! Forfar v United as the fourth game then.

  13. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As much as I joked that they’d show the old firm game twice, they don’t have a choice but to show a second game I’d imagine as part of their contract.
    Correct they're contracted to show two matches, they can't change that.

  14. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suppose! Forfar v United as the fourth game then.
    Premier go for the biggest audiences regardless of magnitude of ties, so the old firm game plus either ours or the Aberdeen game. Would imagine BBC will take the other plus St Mirren Inverness to plough a wee bit more money into the ICT coffers and help out Robbo and McCann.

  15. #134
    Imagine they’ll announce tomorrow what games are on tv then?

  16. #135
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The land of winter
    Posts
    1,347
    On to Stranraer then, and a tie I would have been savouring if things were normal. It would have been a simple pissed up ferry trip over from Belfast for me, and an even more pissed up trip home. Shame.

  17. #136
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    36,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On to Stranraer then, and a tie I would have been savouring if things were normal. It would have been a simple pissed up ferry trip over from Belfast for me, and an even more pissed up trip home. Shame.
    Just home some of us can get in, if we reach the final😀

  18. #137
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On to Stranraer then, and a tie I would have been savouring if things were normal. It would have been a simple pissed up ferry trip over from Belfast for me, and an even more pissed up trip home. Shame.
    I'm gutted too. I would have taken the opportunity to head over to the Emerald Isle too.

  19. #138
    The televised matches for the Fourth Round of the Scottish Cup have been confirmed.

    ➡️ Read more: http://scotfa.co/4rtv2021

    Forfar Athletic Football Club (Official) v Dundee United Football Club
    Friday, 16 April – 7.45pm – BBC Scotland

    Stranraer FC v Hibernian Football Club
    Saturday, 17 April – 12.15pm – BBC Scotland

    Rangers FC v Celtic FC
    Saturday, 17 April – 4pm – Premier Sports

    Aberdeen Football Club v Livingston FC
    Sunday, 18 April – 2pm – Premier Sports

  20. #139
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    36,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The televised matches for the Fourth Round of the Scottish Cup have been confirmed.

    ➡️ Read more: http://scotfa.co/4rtv2021

    Forfar Athletic Football Club (Official) v Dundee United Football Club
    Friday, 16 April – 7.45pm – BBC Scotland

    Stranraer FC v Hibernian Football Club
    Saturday, 17 April – 12.15pm – BBC Scotland

    Rangers FC v Celtic FC
    Saturday, 17 April – 4pm – Premier Sports

    Aberdeen Football Club v Livingston FC
    Sunday, 18 April – 2pm – Premier Sports
    I thought we’d be the Friday night, but glad we’re on BBC
    Presume Hibs will travel down the night before, also gives us a days rest over Livvi, who we play the following Wednesday (21st)

  21. #140
    Ginger goal machine nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cambridge
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Forfar Athletic Football Club (Official)
    Is there an unofficial Forfar AFC?
    Logan, McGregor, Hanlon (Gunnarsson 83), Fontaine (Henderson 70), Gray, Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn, Stevenson, Stokes, Cummings (Keatings 65)

  22. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there an unofficial Forfar AFC?
    Must be 😀

  23. #142
    @hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    not sure
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,724
    I find it so confusing that i basically hope Sevco win every tie unless it's against us

  24. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The televised matches for the Fourth Round of the Scottish Cup have been confirmed.

    ➡️ Read more: http://scotfa.co/4rtv2021

    Forfar Athletic Football Club (Official) v Dundee United Football Club
    Friday, 16 April – 7.45pm – BBC Scotland

    Stranraer FC v Hibernian Football Club
    Saturday, 17 April – 12.15pm – BBC Scotland

    Rangers FC v Celtic FC
    Saturday, 17 April – 4pm – Premier Sports

    Aberdeen Football Club v Livingston FC
    Sunday, 18 April – 2pm – Premier Sports
    Brilliant Blaster.
    No need to find a stream!
    Kick off time a bit crap but live on BBC is a big score.

  25. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I find it so confusing that i basically hope Sevco win every tie unless it's against us
    Hope that celtic do instead? Same net result.

  26. #145
    I think Stranraer will have played something like four games in seven days when they face us. Tough going for them.

  27. #146
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    25,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Stranraer will have played something like four games in seven days when they face us. Tough going for them.
    What a shame...

  28. #147
    @hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The televised matches for the Fourth Round of the Scottish Cup have been confirmed.

    ➡️ Read more: http://scotfa.co/4rtv2021

    Forfar Athletic Football Club (Official) v Dundee United Football Club
    Friday, 16 April – 7.45pm – BBC Scotland

    Stranraer FC v Hibernian Football Club
    Saturday, 17 April – 12.15pm – BBC Scotland

    Rangers FC v Celtic FC
    Saturday, 17 April – 4pm – Premier Sports

    Aberdeen Football Club v Livingston FC
    Sunday, 18 April – 2pm – Premier Sports
    Giving Hibs, as the the team with furthest to travel of the lot, the earliest kick off time is a bit of a joke IMHO. If we had the Friday night slot there would be no need to spend a night in a hotel beforehand.

  29. #148
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    36,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Giving Hibs, as the the team with furthest to travel of the lot, the earliest kick off time is a bit of a joke IMHO. If we had the Friday night slot there would be no need to spend a night in a hotel beforehand.
    It’s about the same distance as Dingwall, and we alway stay over, night before if it’s a 3pm kick off

  30. #149
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    36,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Stranraer will have played something like four games in seven days when they face us. Tough going for them.
    Just reading they play

    Tuesday 6th April away to Elgin, beating in mind they have just returned from Brora
    Saturday 10th home to Edinburgh City
    Tuesday 13th away to Stirling Albion
    Thursday 15th home to Stenhousemuir 7pm ko
    Saturday 17th home to Hibs 12.30pm ko

    They’ve also got a great chance of getting in the play offs

  31. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just reading they play

    Tuesday 6th April away to Elgin, beating in mind they have just returned from Brora
    Saturday 10th home to Edinburgh City
    Tuesday 13th away to Stirling Albion
    Thursday 15th home to Stenhousemuir 7pm ko
    Saturday 17th home to Hibs 12.30pm ko

    They’ve also got a great chance of getting in the play offs
    That would be hard going for a full time club with a big squad, less worried about this game now, they boys will be shattered by the Hibs game.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)