Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Chipper's no' happy!

Brian Rice not happy on Sportsound

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    What's he moaning about this week?

First Team Breakthrough
    Brian Rice took great umbrage to the Sportsound guy's take on the Hamilton 0 St. Mirren 3 game. After the tense and terse interview, the reporter finished with a very sheepish thankyou ..

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's he moaning about this week?
    I heard the Sportsound one, but Clyde Scoreboard
    Basically didn’t agree with the angle of some of the questions

First Team Breakthrough
    Reporters, like the tv media guys, pick their fights. I'm sure the straight to the jugular questions wouldn't be posed to the OF imho. Martin Boyle-in his Speedos-being singled out recently being another such example. For that reason alone..good on Chipper. I think it's lazy journalism when just because you lose 3-0, you are then told you were rubbish..sometimes you play fairly well but things go against you along the way..that was Brian's point.

Bad referees can cost people their jobs yet they carry on largely unscathed. I quite like it when managers call them out so publicly, it won't change anything of course but it's fun to listen to.

No idea what the pundits said to upset him but I always think managers owe it to the fans to address the questions properly. Maybe that response was merited on this occasion though.

Ian McCall also greeting about decisions today, what’s new?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Get in there chipper. Rangers haven’t had one penalty against them this season, but as he says when anyone goes down in their box it’s a penalty. I wish more people would call out the shocking referees in this country.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Get in there chipper. Rangers haven’t had one penalty against them this season, but as he says when anyone goes down in their box it’s a penalty. I wish more people would call out the shocking referees in this country.
    To be fair its not often the ball has been in Rangers penalty box this season.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    It's a shame he lost the rag. Had he said the same thing but while staying calm he might have been taken more seriously.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    We clearly should’ve had one at Ibrox.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    It's a shame he lost the rag. Had he said the same thing but while staying calm he might have been taken more seriously.
    But it wouldn’t have got anyone’s attention. He’s right, it’s brushed off/ignored as it’s “only Hamilton”.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    Ian McCall also greeting about decisions today, what’s new?
    To be fair was he not intimating that the officials missed one of his players being punched/assaulted in the tunnel ?

It’s about times refs spoke after games, even if just to explain their decisions don’t need to be grilled just explain.

think they would get more respect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cammy1969 View Post
    It’s about times refs spoke after games, even if just to explain their decisions don’t need to be grilled just explain.

think they would get more respect

Sounds good, but in practive it would be a waste of our time.

The referee would simply provide an explanation of why he gave the decision which we can usually work out for ourselves, and there would never be an admission that a decision was wrong for the blatant errors such as not red carding Morelos for stamping on an opponent, or penalising McGinn but not Ajer for handball.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    We clearly should’ve had one at Ibrox.
    Quite possibly mate but doesn't alter the fact that the ball hasn't been in Rangers penalty box very often this season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    love hearing passion like this.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Think we’ve had three good penalty shouts against them this season.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough
    Quite possibly mate but doesn't alter the fact that the ball hasn't been in Rangers penalty box very often this season.
    Wonder if there has ever been a team any where in any league in the world that a team has gone an entire season without conceding a penalty? Genuine question. If not then The Ranger must have been absolutely amazing at keeping the ball out of their penalty box to set such a record.

Quote Originally Posted by northern-hibee View Post
    Wonder if there has ever been a team any where in any league in the world that a team has gone an entire season without conceding a penalty? Genuine question. If not then The Ranger must have been absolutely amazing at keeping the ball out of their penalty box to set such a record.
    I'm guessing but I would imagine its occurred loads of times.

First Team Breakthrough
    I bet Rice gets fined or something. The authorities always pick on the smaller guys-no offence Chipper, I mean as in a smaller team's manager. Contrast this with the free rein Fergie was afforded by the press when at Man United. He had the media by the short and curlies, all running scared because of the size of the club. He should've been told to go take one but they all kissed his #ss instead.

Maybe not the right time to mention it but I remember Brian Rice as a fantastic , classy player with us who deserved far more recognition than he got maybe because he coincided with a poor Hibs team . One memory was a game at Dens Park where he scored the only goal of the game to give us a rare win there , possibly the only time I`ve seen Hibs win there in about 12 visits . I remember I had to leave early to catch the last train only for train to break down on Tay Bridge for about an hour . Anyway , Rice was a great player for Hibs and seems to be a more than decent manager .

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Maybe not the right time to mention it but I remember Brian Rice as a fantastic , classy player with us who deserved far more recognition than he got maybe because he coincided with a poor Hibs team . One memory was a game at Dens Park where he scored the only goal of the game to give us a rare win there , possibly the only time I`ve seen Hibs win there in about 12 visits . I remember I had to leave early to catch the last train only for train to break down on Tay Bridge for about an hour . Anyway , Rice was a great player for Hibs and seems to be a more than decent manager .
    To be fair I don't think anyone that seen him play for us underrates him. He was our best player for the relatively short time he was in our first team then went on to have a decent career at Nottingham Forest. As you say a very classy player.

I remember him scoring a cracking volley to equalise in a 3-3 draw at Tannadice.

To be fair I don't think anyone that seen him play for us underrates him. He was our best player for the relatively short time he was in our first team then went on to have a decent career at Nottingham Forest. As you say a very classy player.

I remember him scoring a cracking volley to equalise in a 3-3 draw at Tannadice.
    I remember being right behind the goal when that goal v DU went in . Will have to check dates when he played for us - probably coincides with a time when I went to almost every match home or away .

I remember being right behind the goal when that goal v DU went in . Will have to check dates when he played for us - probably coincides with a time when I went to almost every match home or away .
    26 March 1983. I'm delighted to have just found this.

https://youtu.be/6yYX2y9cdoA

26 March 1983. I'm delighted to have just found this.

https://youtu.be/6yYX2y9cdoA
    Enjoyed watching that . Thanks . Strangely enough in that season ( 1982 / 83 ) I think I went to every match home and away till late Feb / early March when I went to France ( Aix les Bains near Alps ) to work . In France I didn`t see any of our matches on telly but remember Aberdeen winning European trophy and did Dundee United not win league that year ? I thought I`d started working in France in early March 1983 but results suggest there was no other 3 v 3 draw v Dundee United with a goal by Brian Rice . Anyway he was a very classy player who for some reason or other didn`t seem to get much recognition .

Testimonial Due
    That doesn’t sound like a man who is in a healthy place mentally to me.

Aye he was a gifted and very skilful as a player, it was Brian Clough that signed him for NF and he knew a player.

GGTTH

No arguments there mate