hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 58 of 58

Thread: Ofir to Celtic?

  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,141
    Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A few prickly characters on here. I was just curious if anyone else was thinking the same way as me..sorry to anyone offended.
    It's well known that cut and paste journos will look in and lift rumours from sites like here and before you know it you have a "story". Ergo this unsubstantiated nothing thread is a stupid and disruptive waste of space and you deserve all the pelters you're getting for it.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,211
    Hapoel Beíer Sheva I think.

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,637
    Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A few prickly characters on here. I was just curious if anyone else was thinking the same way as me..sorry to anyone offended.
    Wouldnít surprise me if he ended up staying with us or going to Celtic.

    I think it heíll leave it to until the last minute and see what offers he gets. He might realise heís better staying put.

    Mind you, I donít even know if weíve offered him a new contract?

  5. #34
    Promising Youngster
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Pub With No Beer
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A few prickly characters on here. I was just curious if anyone else was thinking the same way as me..sorry to anyone offended.
    Donít bother apologising.There are some people who if they donít feel offended at least once a day get offended.

    Never thought Marciano was going to sign another deal.Where his is next move is to doesnít really interest me.

    I am concerned however who his replacements is going to be.Believe offers have been made to :-

    1) Matt Macey - Has looked capable in what I have seen off him.Donít know what his personal circumstances are e.g.does he have family down south who would be willing to move to Scotland.

    2) Kevin Dabrowski - If he is now not ready to move up to the first team now,will he ever be ready.

    Any other candidates ?

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A few prickly characters on here. I was just curious if anyone else was thinking the same way as me..sorry to anyone offended.
    I don't think you have any reason to apologise.

    It's already confirmed Rocky won't be signing a new contract at Hibs. Speculation about where he might end up next seems fair enough to me. I think the complete overhaul of the football operation at Celtic makes it less likely than it may have been a couple of months ago. If he has any desire to stay in Scotland and wants more money than Hibs are offering then that makes it a pretty short list of teams though, one of which would be Celtic.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member hhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Falkirk/Fuerteventura
    Posts
    1,359
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Donít bother apologising.There are some people who if they donít feel offended at least once a day get offended.

    Never thought Marciano was going to sign another deal.Where his is next move is to doesnít really interest me.

    I am concerned however who his replacements is going to be.Believe offers have been made to :-

    1) Matt Macey - Has looked capable in what I have seen off him.Donít know what his personal circumstances are e.g.does he have family down south who would be willing to move to Scotland.

    2) Kevin Dabrowski - If he is now not ready to move up to the first team now,will he ever be ready.

    Any other candidates ?

    Adam Bogdan provided he is fit and available and work permit is possible

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's well known that cut and paste journos will look in and lift rumours from sites like here and before you know it you have a "story". Ergo this unsubstantiated nothing thread is a stupid and disruptive waste of space and you deserve all the pelters you're getting for it.
    Pish!

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,637
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adam Bogdan provided he is fit and available and work permit is possible
    Would be delighted if we could bring him back.

  10. #39
    I probably should've phrased the original post better so no probs with some responses.

  11. #40
    Promising Youngster davy67 +'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tweedbank
    Posts
    92
    Surely wherever Rocky goes he's going to want to be No1 keeper, would he be guaranteed that at Celtic ?

  12. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I probably should've phrased the original post better so no probs with some responses.
    You can edit your original post, anyway I dont understand the angst towards you, fair post 👍

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Donít bother apologising.There are some people who if they donít feel offended at least once a day get offended.

    Never thought Marciano was going to sign another deal.Where his is next move is to doesnít really interest me.

    I am concerned however who his replacements is going to be.Believe offers have been made to :-

    1) Matt Macey - Has looked capable in what I have seen off him.Donít know what his personal circumstances are e.g.does he have family down south who would be willing to move to Scotland.

    2) Kevin Dabrowski - If he is now not ready to move up to the first team now,will he ever be ready.

    Any other candidates ?
    I'm in the same boat. Couldn't give a flying duck where his next move will be.

  14. #43
    Sorry, but Eddie Howe will sign bigger and better OM.

    Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    36,062
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, but Eddie Howe will sign bigger and better OM.

    Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    Did he not sign the Holy goalie for Bournemouth

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Last Train to Skaville
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,726
    Wherever he goes, I don't think that he owes us anything.

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In a mad house with 3 wimmin
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,055
    I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Celtc. To be fair he's better than what they have right now.

  18. #47
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Bellshill
    Posts
    491
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adam Bogdan provided he is fit and available and work permit is possible
    Hologram of a goalie hopefully we find better than him

  19. #48
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    32,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hologram of a goalie hopefully we find better than him
    Opinions eh?
    I thought Bogdan was more than decent and was surprised we didnít keep him at the club. Iíd be happy to see him back.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  20. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hologram of a goalie hopefully we find better than him
    Bloody good hologram when he pulled off about half a dozen top drawer saves to help us progress in Europe though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hologram of a goalie hopefully we find better than him
    When Bogdan was at his best for us he was every bit as good as Marciano, would happily take him back but donít think thereís any chance.

  22. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hologram of a goalie hopefully we find better than him
    Bang on the nail. Looked the part and didn't make many glaring errors but let in goals Offy would save in his sleep, particularly at his near post.

  23. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hologram of a goalie hopefully we find better than him
    Really? What I remember is that he had a slowish start to his Hibs career, mainly due to lack of match sharpness. Once up to speed, proved to be an excellent goalkeeper and arguably better than Rocky.

    i would be delighted if we brought him back.

  24. #53
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Fife
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,070
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, but Eddie Howe will sign bigger and better OM.

    Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    Wow, can't wait to see Ofir Marciano 2!

  25. #54
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,755
    I could see Celtic going for Bogdan with Eddie Howe in charge, he has a Premiership pedigree and despite what some on here would have you believe, is still a top keeper.... much better than any of Celticís current options.

  26. #55
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    14,329
    Quote Originally Posted by angus hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? What I remember is that he had a slowish start to his Hibs career, mainly due to lack of match sharpness. Once up to speed, proved to be an excellent goalkeeper and arguably better than Rocky.

    i would be delighted if we brought him back.
    Exactly how I remember him.

    Really wobbly until one of the European games (maybe Asteras?) but after making some good saves in that he didnít look back.

    My concern that heís gone from really looking the part to warming benches for a few years.

    If he was to be the same player who played for us before, heíd be a more than adequate replacement for Rocky.

    As you say, a case could be made that heíd be an upgrade.

  27. #56
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can edit your original post, anyway I dont understand the angst towards you, fair post 👍
    Because its designed to get us all worrying going him going to rivals when clearly because of the management changes coming at Celtic that is not going to happen. Typical of the negativity you get here. What is the worst thing you think can happen? Put it in a post on here and get us all worried. Rightly Rocky is looking for a better pay deal to see out his career. Looks it is not going to come in the UK. So he will just go home.
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 04-04-2021 at 09:22 AM.

  28. #57
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    61
    Posts
    52,510
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because its designed to get us all worrying going him going to rivals when clearly because of the management changes coming at Celtic that is not going to happen. Typical of the negativity you get here. What is the worst thing you think can happen? Put it in a post on here and get us all worried. Rightly Rocky is looking for a better pay deal to see out his career. Looks it is not going to come in the UK. So he will just go home.
    I think he could end up at Celtic too, but he may not. Nothing is ever clear in football.

  29. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hologram of a goalie hopefully we find better than him
    What?

    He was very good after a rough start.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)