hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/stat...689440256?s=21

I can’t see what the promotion is?

Follow the links it doesn’t say anything about Road to Europe?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Yep looks like the story isn't on the site yet. Someone jumped the gun with the tweet
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/jo...-roadtoeurope/

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I'm not taking away from the initiative, but I have seen more exciting news.

I don’t get it.

So there’s no additional incentive, just a hashtag #roadtoeurope?

Someone scrape me off the ceiling 😂

@hibs.net private member
    Thought the corners were getting filled in......aw well, back to the garden😏

It's exciting from a Hibernian Supporters perspective, another initiative backed by the club to say thanks for raising over £200,000 of additional cash during a difficult year and a chance to build some momentum ahead of the summer where the club will hopefully be looking ahead to European football.

Not sure it warranted a big build up but the club were just trying to promote what we're doing - it was exciting from an HS point of view rather than anything to do with new kits, season tickets, signings etc but plenty of time for that stuff to be announced by Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    New flavour of hibs gin?
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    It's exciting from a Hibernian Supporters perspective, another initiative backed by the club to say thanks for raising over £200,000 of additional cash during a difficult year and a chance to build some momentum ahead of the summer where the club will hopefully be looking ahead to European football.

Not sure it warranted a big build up but the club were just trying to promote what we're doing - it was exciting from an HS point of view rather than anything to do with new kits, season tickets, signings etc but plenty of time for that stuff to be announced by Hibs.
    What is the initiative? Get more folk to sign up?

I almost died of excitement that time they announced the link-up with Eden Mill at 5pm, so a little bit of underwhelming news is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    What is the initiative? Get more folk to sign up?
    Ultimately that’s it yes. We didn’t want to do another £ target drive given it’s not that long since the last one and the likelihood that season tickets will be on sale soon.

It’s also important to say thanks for the support this season and to raise awareness of the £200,000 we’ve added to the club’s football budget and the impact that’s made over the course of the season.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Very exciting news!

The hash tag makes no sense. What’s Road to Europe got to do with it? I thought it would perhaps be first dibs on Europe away tickets? But it doesn’t appear to have anything to do with Europe?

Left by mutual consent!
    So Hibs are just asking for more money from the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    So Hibs are just asking for more money from the fans?
    No, HSL are being present and vocal like most fans have asked them to be in the past. Hibs are supporting it through their channels, again like most fans have asked them to do in the past.

The only fumble here is that the 'exciting news' line was doubled down on by the club, which got some people primed for an announcement from Hibs themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    The hash tag makes no sense. What’s Road to Europe got to do with it? I thought it would perhaps be first dibs on Europe away tickets? But it doesn’t appear to have anything to do with Europe?
    It’s about raising awareness of Hibernian Supporters and thanking fans for their efforts this season in the final weeks of the league season - with Hibs on the road to European football next year...

It’s about raising awareness of Hibernian Supporters and thanking fans for their efforts this season in the final weeks of the league season - with Hibs on the road to European football next year...
    Anything that raises awarenes in my opinion can onky be good. It's been said before if people want to put money in they can if they can't afford to it's totally understandable, if people don't wanfnto contribute then that's also fine. Keep up the good work Daniel.

Well done Daniel and Jim for all your work in what your doing and that is certainly appreciated by me and the statement from the club they seem to be thankful

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    This is a bit of a letdown! I kept clicking on the links to find something exciting re Europe but it was just a call for more cash.

Anyway I do appreciate all the good work recently 👍

I’m not meaning to sound cheeky with this but what was the exciting part of the announcement?

I get there’s a final push to make money for the club but I don’t know what I’m missing here. Why does a # saying road to Europe constitute a thank you for the fans?

I’m not meaning to sound cheeky with this but what was the exciting part of the announcement?

I get there’s a final push to make money for the club but I don’t know what I’m missing here. Why does a # saying road to Europe constitute a thank you for the fans?
    I think the exciting news was the total amount given to the club over the season, which is significant and in part thanks to people like Daniel doing their best to promote it.

I think they would be better not making announcements about exciting news unless it's something really significant or some sort of reward or competition for fans though. It just results in exactly what we've seen here and seems to be counterproductive.

The exciting part from a Hibernian Supporters perspective is that the club have agreed to promote and help us with another initiative. Which at a time when they have plenty on their plate and a skeleton media staff is good news for us.

What constitutes as ‘exciting’ from a HS point of view (our original tweet) and what constitutes as exciting to the wider fan base (the tweet then being picked up and shared from the club account) are two different things.

The thank you comes from the club’s website article which says thanks and from the Hibernian Supporters article which also passes on a message of thanks.

The Livvie game's been brought forward to a 6pm kickoff, is that the exciting news?