hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Played a Texas scramble yesterday think we finished about 30 out of 50 great fun apart from the rain.

This is my first year with a proper handicap 13.7 which seems a bit low.

Sure it will adjust up the way .

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well done mate 👍, I played yesterday morning as well and it was absolutely baltic temperatures, hopefully we get some better weather soon.
    Cheers GB, aye the last few weeks have been miserable! Was out till shutting after work on Friday and woke up an hour before tee off, was either sobering up or having nothing to eat that gubbed me 🤣🤣

@hibs.net private member
    Greens at ladybank struggling with the cold weather, just came off winter greens on a few holes

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Been out on the course with my 14 year old the last couple of weeks. It's took a while but the bug seems to have finally bitten. Really pleased as an older dad that we now have something other than football that we both enjoy. I started playing at 45 and it was a slog trying to get my handicap below 20, he's probably playing that already.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    Greens at ladybank struggling with the cold weather, just came off winter greens on a few holes
    I was at Newbattle yesterday. Theirs were really poor. GUR patches on a few and I rarely had a putt that didn’t need to skirt with or go over a divot sized patch of sand.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I was at Newbattle yesterday. Theirs were really poor. GUR patches on a few and I rarely had a putt that didn’t need to skirt with or go over a divot sized patch of sand.
    Just a word of warning I played Ratho Park last week and their greens were shocking
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I am playing in a Men's Seniors Open (over 55s 🙂) on Thursday at Auchterarder. Tee time 2.16pm. My playing partner now can't make it. All two balls. Is anyone available to play? Entry fee has already been paid so a freebie if you fancy it. Just message me directly if you want to take up the slot ⛳👍

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    I am playing in a Men's Seniors Open (over 55s 🙂) on Thursday at Auchterarder. Tee time 2.16pm. My playing partner now can't make it. All two balls. Is anyone available to play? Entry fee has already been paid so a freebie if you fancy it. Just message me directly if you want to take up the slot ⛳👍
    Great course which I'm sure you'll really enjoy. I'm already committed to a game at Dunbar on Thursday otherwise I'd have been delighted to take the offer up.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Hurt my back putting the bloody car seats down 3 weeks ago, £150 later at the chiropractor, and i'm having a go tomorrow at getting back.

I have a few big matches coming up later this month at Old links and Lancaster, cant afford to be rusty, but i'm still a little sore but my back has ached for years it will never be 100%.

Great course which I'm sure you'll really enjoy. I'm already committed to a game at Dunbar on Thursday otherwise I'd have been delighted to take the offer up.
    At Dunbar on Monday GB. Looking forward to it.

At Dunbar on Monday GB. Looking forward to it.
    You'll enjoy it I'm sure. The course is in great nick, just pray that the dreaded sea haar stays away!

Thought it was you a couple of groups behind me. Very slow round but agree on the greens, weren't great at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs90 View Post
    Thought it was you a couple of groups behind me. Very slow round but agree on the greens, weren't great at all.
    Never saw you. I was obviously concentrating. Well up until just after the 12th.

Off to Killermont tomorrow to play my laddies newest gaff. Looking forward to it.

@hibs.net private member
    Leven links was a decent knock tonight. Greens very good

I don’t think I’m going over the top here but I reckon Killermonts greens are possibly the best inland surface I’ve ever putted on in 40+ years of playing. Some clubhouse too. 10 million gets you a lot of class.

I don’t think I’m going over the top here but I reckon Killermonts greens are possibly the best inland surface I’ve ever putted on in 40+ years of playing. Some clubhouse too. 10 million gets you a lot of class.

Am I right in saying that Killermont is the same course as Glasgow Golf Club? If so, I reckon I played it about 20 years ago and at the time I reckon it was one of the best inland courses I've ever played.

Am I right in saying that Killermont is the same course as Glasgow Golf Club? If so, I reckon I played it about 20 years ago and at the time I reckon it was one of the best inland courses I've ever played.
    It is indeed GB. The Glasgow Golf Club own Killermont and their links attachment is Glasgow Gailes. Killermont isn’t overly long and a couple of quirky holes but a fine test for an old geezer. My laddies a lucky boy to be a member there. He had to do a three year apprenticeship at the Gailes before being invited for “full” membership of both. I think it helps he’s a more than decent golfer. Ideal as he lives in Milngavie about 10 mins from Killermont. Greens were quite magnificent. Oh aye and I saw the resident parakeet on the wing flying down the 11th hole. Bit of a shock seeing a green flying object out the corner of your eye over your tee shot.

It is indeed GB. The Glasgow Golf Club own Killermont and their links attachment is Glasgow Gailes. Killermont isn’t overly long and a couple of quirky holes but a fine test for an old geezer. My laddies a lucky boy to be a member there. He had to do a three year apprenticeship at the Gailes before being invited for “full” membership of both. I think it helps he’s a more than decent golfer. Ideal as he lives in Milngavie about 10 mins from Killermont. Greens were quite magnificent. Oh aye and I saw the resident parakeet on the wing flying down the 11th hole. Bit of a shock seeing a green flying object out the corner of your eye over your tee shot.
    I can't match the parakeet but I did hear my first cuckoo of the year today. 😄

Avoid Kirkcaldy at all costs. Shame really as I like it as a test but not only are the greens an absolute mess the whole course isn’t far behind. They had a bloody cheek charging £17 for their open today. Add in an absolute shambles of tee booking it was a poor all round day. I say shambles as after booking it through the Scottish golf app as that is what they use I got an e mail on Friday night saying an administrator had cancelled my morning time and put me in at 13.30. Phoned yesterday to ask WTF was going on and the pro didn’t know but confirmed my original tine was available and put me back there.
    I asked about a twos sweep and the starter didn’t know if there was one. There were no cards but a paper copy. I think you were meant to use the Scottish golf app but couldn’t find the competition on it despite booking it through the app.
    The whole club seems to be very mismanaged and shambolic and you can add the Scottish golf app to that too. A fife order of merit open with about 50 players eventually teeing it up.
    The food was decent.

Scottish Golf App is not good. Should all be very simple and straightforward but they've managed to add in all sorts of unnecessary complexity.

Noted re Kirkcaldy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    Scottish Golf App is not good. Should all be very simple and straightforward but they've managed to add in all sorts of unnecessary complexity.

Noted re Kirkcaldy.
    I don’t think the old app was great (compared to BRS) but it worked for me and don’t understand why the need for change. If it needed changed they should just gave adopted the BRS system. Years of near flawless experience.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Yep the previous app had its issues but they've somehow made it worse!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Played 4 days in a row.(Deer Park)

Fairly steady all low 90’s got a lesson this week as I feel
    my old habits when driving are creeping back in.

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Yep the previous app had its issues but they've somehow made it worse!
    That seems to be a unanimous opinion. I wonder what the development costs amounted to ?

34 points round Dunbar today. Hit it great. Five three putts killed a really good score.

I played today and had a dose of the shermans. It's definitely the worst shot in golf and plays havoc with your confidence. The bowling green beckons soon!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Played in an away day at a nice little course called Garstang, finished 2nd last year with 39 points, finished way down the pack today with 23 points off my 7.9.

What made it worse was i drove so well, never out of position all the way round. The first hole i was 47 yards from the pin after my drive, and came off with a 6 for nowt.

It never got much better from there.

I'm blaming the bad back , one more game on Friday at my home course, then Old Links on Monday in the league, hopefully in better form.

Royal Musselburgh in decent nick tonight.