hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I'm out tomorrow morning for what will be my first competitive round of this year.

New season, fresh hopes but no doubt the same highs and lows. However -------------------- I'll have a different flat stick in the bag tomorrow , could this at last be the answer to my putting woes or will it also end up in the disgraced heap in my attic?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm out tomorrow morning for what will be my first competitive round of this year.

New season, fresh hopes but no doubt the same highs and lows. However -------------------- I'll have a different flat stick in the bag tomorrow , could this at last be the answer to my putting woes or will it also end up in the disgraced heap in my attic?

What putter have you went for?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    What putter have you went for?
    A second hand Cleveland Huntingdon Mark 2 milled face putter.

Second hand, from Golfbidder - it was a good buy (at the moment)

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    A second hand Cleveland Huntingdon Mark 2 milled face putter.

Second hand, from Golfbidder - it was a good buy (at the moment)
    Had my worst score this week for 4 years, 3 putts on 5 greens and one 4 stab. I use a TM Spider so knew it wasn't the club's fault! Had been putting well recently as well.

Had a practice on the dining room carpet and realised my stance was out by a fraction. Always small margins. All I need now is to get back out again and prove it was that🙏

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    Had my worst score this week for 4 years, 3 putts on 5 greens and one 4 stab. I use a TM Spider so knew it wasn't the club's fault! Had been putting well recently as well.

Had a practice on the dining room carpet and realised my stance was out by a fraction. Always small margins. All I need now is to get back out again and prove it was that

Good luck!
    I've also got a spider. I absolutely love it. I'd only trade it in for a scottie cameron but even then I'd have doubts.

I'm so excited for the better weather. The lighter nights mean 9 holes after work.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    I've also got a spider. I absolutely love it. I'd only trade it in for a scottie cameron but even then I'd have doubts.

I'm so excited for the better weather. The lighter nights mean 9 holes after work.

Work? I think I remember what that was! I've had the Spider for a year and it's (usually) a trusted friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post

Had a practice on the dining room carpet and realised my stance was out by a fraction. Always small margins. All I need now is to get back out again and prove it was that🙏

Good luck!
    If I'm being honest, with me, it's a case of a bad workman always blaming his tools. 😁
    Last edited by Golden Bear; 31-03-2023 at 03:34 PM.

I use my dad's old Ben Sayers putter from 1966. Nothing more than a bit of metal on a stick. Does the job well enough.

Can't understand paying £300 for a putter 🙃

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Kingsfield up near Linlithgow are doing an open day tomorrow. Not sure about the course but the practice facilities including the new Stephen Gallacher indoor performance centre and track man driving range are available FOC. Well worth a visit if you’ve nothing better to do round the Motherwell game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    I use my dad's old Ben Sayers putter from 1966. Nothing more than a bit of metal on a stick. Does the job well enough.

Can't understand paying £300 for a putter 🙃
    I've still got my first putter, that my dad gave me when I got going with this game. It had a metal shaft, painted to look like a hickory club!

Whatever works is the right club!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post

Can't understand paying £300 for a putter
    How much was your driver? How often do you use your driver a round, verses a putter?

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    How much was your driver? How often do you use your driver a round, verses a putter?

£15. 10 years old. 🙂

I must just be a skinflint

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Kingsfield up near Linlithgow are doing an open day tomorrow. Not sure about the course but the practice facilities including the new Stephen Gallacher indoor performance centre and track man driving range are available FOC. Well worth a visit if you’ve nothing better to do round the Motherwell game.

seen that.I was playing so couldn’t go they were doing fittings as well would have been interesting what they would recommend to change with the stealth I picked up recently.

How easy / credible is it to get an old putter regripped?

I sacked my old one and paid a few quid for an Odyssey one a couple of years ago but my putting has gone to pieces. The new one feels light and quite hard to control, my old one feels heavy but easier to control.

The old one is a cheap one but it worked for me for years.

Is this a sensible option? Can someone suggest somewhere that would be good for getting this done?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

I sacked my old one and paid a few quid for an Odyssey one a couple of years ago but my putting has gone to pieces. The new one feels light and quite hard to control, my old one feels heavy but easier to control.

Is this a sensible option? Can someone suggest somewhere that would be good for getting this done?
    It should be no problem to get your putter regripped, its a simple job that takes minutes to do.

I would think that most professional shops will have a selection of putter grips in stock and will be able to advise you of the best option . I also know that they do a re-gripping service at the Braids Driving range and at "Cash4Clubs" in Loanhead.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

It is quite easy to do yourself, i've done all my clubs at one stage or another. Youtube shows you how to do it, it's not hard at all.

9 holes played last night teeing of at 6.30 great the midweek golf is back in play!

Kingsbarns next Thursday. Looks like I might need the factor 50.

Kingsbarns next Thursday. Looks like I might need the factor 50.
    Great course, but ridiculously expensive imo.

Great course, but ridiculously expensive imo.
    Agree on both counts. We are taking advantage of the early Scottish residents green fee which is 40% in March and April so that’s £150. It goes up to £220 the rest of the year and that’s still a discount!!!! My favourite course I’ve played tho.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Agree on both counts. We are taking advantage of the early Scottish residents green fee which is 40% in March and April so that’s £150. It goes up to £220 the rest of the year and that’s still a discount!!!! My favourite course I’ve played tho.
    My favourite course too - I remember when the Scottish resident fees were around £60 - amazing how much it's shot up in the last 5 or 6 years.

I actually played Harburn today - hadn't swung a club since last July and had 10 birdie putts (scratch) today! Stupid game at times, it really is

Playing Dumbarnie later next month and looking forward to it - another cracking course on the Fife circuit.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Played it about 15 years ago in a freebie through my work. A round, a goodie bag, meal, free bar and a caddie with our four ball. It was a scorching day so all it cost me was £1 for a bottle of water half way round!

I won a polo shirt, which was stolen off our washing line a few years later!

I totally agree about the quality of the course, Dornoch still my number one, but Kingsbarns runs it close, nothing to do with the great value when I played it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    My favourite course too - I remember when the Scottish resident fees were around £60 - amazing how much it's shot up in the last 5 or 6 years.

I actually played Harburn today - hadn't swung a club since last July and had 10 birdie putts (scratch) today! Stupid game at times, it really is

Playing Dumbarnie later next month and looking forward to it - another cracking course on the Fife circuit.
    I’m not surprised as you’ve always been a . Hope you and the family are well. Should be in your neck of the woods for a Golf in Scotland event early August.

I am currently at the considering giving the game up stage. Awful. Just bloody awful.

Mixed day for me 92 at Deer Park putting and the bunkers let me down today.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    I am currently at the considering giving the game up stage. Awful. Just bloody awful.
    Funnily enough I had the same thoughts after my front 9 yesterday. 50 hits 15 over par!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Funnily enough I had the same thoughts after my front 9 yesterday. 50 hits 15 over par!!!!
    I had my first birdie of the year today. Holed a 75 yard approach on the 6th at Haddington.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    After shooting up to 23 with the new handicap system ( had a frozen shoulder last year and had a number of nr’s) I won the may medal yesterday. 40 out, 51 back 🤣🤣🤣🤷*♂️🤷*♂️. Thought I’d blown it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    After shooting up to 23 with the new handicap system ( had a frozen shoulder last year and had a number of nr’s) I won the may medal yesterday. 40 out, 51 back 🤣🤣🤣🤷*♂️🤷*♂️. Thought I’d blown it tbh.
    Well done mate 👍, I played yesterday morning as well and it was absolutely baltic temperatures, hopefully we get some better weather soon.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    You guys are mental I shot +31 at polkemmet the other day and had a blast. It can be frustrating sometimes but I'm out having fun in nature.