hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got offered a free hit round the Queens at Gleneagles last week. First time I've played any of them.

Loved it.
    You should try Auchterarder right next door. A fraction of the cost and always in fantastic condition.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Playing Downfield on Sunday. First time there too.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    One of the best inland courses I've played. I'm sure you'll enjoy it

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Great track Dave. The entrance and the streets immediately before it make you think your’e in the wrong place and going into an industrial estate or something but once you’re in it’s fantastic. Red Squirrels the lot.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Great track Dave. The entrance and the streets immediately before it make you think your’e in the wrong place and going into an industrial estate or something but once you’re in it’s fantastic. Red Squirrels the lot.
    It was superb! Only managed 29 points but thats because my short game is nowhere near good enough at the moment. Loved it though.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Properly caught the bug to play again after years of not playing.

Was a member at Turnhouse late 90s until early 00s, just been bouncing around the last couple
    of months and played Broomieknowe, Newbattle, Gullane 3, Balbirnie, Kirkcaldy, Kings Acre and Kinghorn.

Heading to Aberdour on Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I had a few cancellations and have a free tee time at Ladybank on Friday @ 4:45 can move to later if required as plenty spaces after 5:15 £20 sign on if anyone is keen let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    I had a few cancellations and have a free tee time at Ladybank on Friday @ 4:45 can move to later if required as plenty spaces after 5:15 £20 sign on if anyone is keen let me know.
    Bugger. I’m down at the Hirsel or would have taken you up on that FH.

@hibs.net private member
    Bugger. I’m down at the Hirsel or would have taken you up on that FH.
    Just drop me a message anytime you fancy a game up there

Gamer IDs

I'll definitely take you up on a game Fife. Unfortunately I'm busy this Friday.

Down in Peebles over the next few weeks. I’ve played Peebles itself and quite enjoyed it.

Is cardrona worth the £20 fee? Looks like a monster if you aren’t a big hitter

Gamer IDs

It's definitely worth 20 quid. I've always enjoyed it

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Played for the seniors on Thursday, we were 4 down with 5 to play and won at St Annes Old Links, the other pair were shell shocked.

So were we.

I played an open at Balmore north of the weedge today in a fair old wind. Tricky wee par 66 course with sone difficult par 3s. Unbelievably the best scratch score with a handful of scores still to go in is 72. 6 over par!!! I don’t think in all my years of playing I’ve seen that. I shouldn’t have been so hard on myself.

edit. 72 was indeed best scratch. There was only one player who actually broke par net. PCC up 2.
    Last edited by greenlex; 06-06-2022 at 06:57 PM.

Just back from a first visit to Dunfermline golf club. Decent track. Wouldn’t mind another go without the hurricane and occasional monsoon.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    Down in Peebles over the next few weeks. I’ve played Peebles itself and quite enjoyed it.

Is cardrona worth the £20 fee? Looks like a monster if you aren’t a big hitter
    What was it like? Played it when we first came out of lockdown and they'd let it go a bit. Certainly was not what it used to be.
    Try Innerleithen along the road. Only 9 but a tricky test.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkrHbVe87Nk

Just back from a first visit to Dunfermline golf club. Decent track. Wouldn’t mind another go without the hurricane and occasional monsoon.
    Just looked at the result. Only 9 players broke 80. That’s surely unheard of for a scratch to 9 handicap open.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    What was it like? Played it when we first came out of lockdown and they'd let it go a bit. Certainly was not what it used to be.
    Try Innerleithen along the road. Only 9 but a tricky test.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkrHbVe87Nk
    Cardrona is a must to avoid and has been for a while.

The course has suffered from a lack of investment and has never recovered from the covid period when it was closed completely.

I feel genuinely sorry for the greenkeeping staff who face a continual struggle with limited resources.

Been very average recently, gone back up to 9.7 but not playing anywhere near it for ages, more of a 12-14.

Hit a gross 74 today, 2 over par at Herons Reach Blackpool, my best round ever.

And a 75 today.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    And a 75 today.
    Impressive! What would you say is the part of your game that lets you down when it’s not going well?

For me it’s my tee shots. Been striking my irons and wedges so pure but when I have a made day with the driver it’s carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    Impressive! What would you say is the part of your game that lets you down when it’s not going well?

For me it’s my tee shots. Been striking my irons and wedges so pure but when I have a made day with the driver it’s carnage.
    My driving is good, i'm normally on or just off the fairway, 230-240 yards. Putting is good too, very rarely 3 put these days, where i am in and out is my 5, 6 and 7 irons.

The last couple of rounds they have been excellant, but before that i was average to poor at times, missing greens to the right way too much.

The last couple of rounds i've been on the green, and two putting at worst gets the score down.

As we all know, it could all go pear shaped next time i'm out, especially as my handicap will drop tomorrow.

Playing Wednesday again and Thursday for the team, hopefully this form continues for a little more.

32 points today off my new handicap of 8.7, back to hitting irons right and badly too on occasions.

This game frustrates the hell out of me.

I played Crieff last Friday, first game for a while, and it was lovely.

There was a competition due there on the Saturday so it felt like it was in peak condition for that.

Played the whole round with the same ball so I don't know if that suggests it was a bit more forgiving but having played the first few holes with a wind behind then turning round to face into the wind on a 500 odd yard par five, it didn't feel overly easy.

Great day out though, and the young lads working in the clubhouse/ kitchen were absolutely top notch with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I played Crieff last Friday, first game for a while, and it was lovely.

There was a competition due there on the Saturday so it felt like it was in peak condition for that.

Played the whole round with the same ball so I don't know if that suggests it was a bit more forgiving but having played the first few holes with a wind behind then turning round to face into the wind on a 500 odd yard par five, it didn't feel overly easy.

Great day out though, and the young lads working in the clubhouse/ kitchen were absolutely top notch with us.
    Crieff is a nice course and great clubhouse. Some very long holes. Auchterarder nearby is a favourite of mine. Always in fantastic condition.

I’m playing Muirfield tomorrow. Pray for me.

@hibs.net private member
    New putter required 🤬🤬🤬

Hello 👋 very keen golfer, 12.3 and member at Duddy, that’s probably too low tbh. Love this time of year, have played the last 4 days with Jubilee yesterday in a testy wee wind so 88 not deadly , a couple over what it should be and that’s with an 8. SA looking good, stands up, OC closed obviously and from tomorrow New and Jubilee being played as a composite. My pal is a New Club member and very kindly uses his points on me.
    Ambition is to play every course in Scotland, I’ve not counted but I think I’m into 3 figures, favourite courses are Dunbar, Elie, castle Stuart’s and Harris. Cheers!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    Hello 👋 very keen golfer, 12.3 and member at Duddy, that’s probably too low tbh. Love this time of year, have played the last 4 days with Jubilee yesterday in a testy wee wind so 88 not deadly , a couple over what it should be and that’s with an 8. SA looking good, stands up, OC closed obviously and from tomorrow New and Jubilee being played as a composite. My pal is a New Club member and very kindly uses his points on me.
    Ambition is to play every course in Scotland, I’ve not counted but I think I’m into 3 figures, favourite courses are Dunbar, Elie, castle Stuart’s and Harris. Cheers!
    There is around 550 courses in Scotland so good luck with that

Anyone looking for Scottish Open tickets? My mate is selling 2 for Thursday (£40 the pair) and 2 for Saturday (£60 the pair), decent saving if you have plans to go down.