hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 181 to 210 of 210
  1. #181
    Testimonial Due Hibby Bairn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,075
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got offered a free hit round the Queens at Gleneagles last week. First time I've played any of them.

    Loved it.
    You should try Auchterarder right next door. A fraction of the cost and always in fantastic condition.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #182
    Administrator BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    54
    Posts
    12,662
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Playing Downfield on Sunday. First time there too.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  4. #183
    @hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Age
    73
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Playing Downfield on Sunday. First time there too.
    One of the best inland courses I've played. I'm sure you'll enjoy it

  5. #184
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Playing Downfield on Sunday. First time there too.
    Great track Dave. The entrance and the streets immediately before it make you think your’e in the wrong place and going into an industrial estate or something but once you’re in it’s fantastic. Red Squirrels the lot.

  6. #185
    Administrator BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    54
    Posts
    12,662
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great track Dave. The entrance and the streets immediately before it make you think youríe in the wrong place and going into an industrial estate or something but once youíre in itís fantastic. Red Squirrels the lot.
    It was superb! Only managed 29 points but thats because my short game is nowhere near good enough at the moment. Loved it though.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  7. #186
    @hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Newtongrange
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,887
    Properly caught the bug to play again after years of not playing.

    Was a member at Turnhouse late 90s until early 00s, just been bouncing around the last couple
    of months and played Broomieknowe, Newbattle, Gullane 3, Balbirnie, Kirkcaldy, Kings Acre and Kinghorn.

    Heading to Aberdour on Friday


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #187
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    575
    I had a few cancellations and have a free tee time at Ladybank on Friday @ 4:45 can move to later if required as plenty spaces after 5:15 £20 sign on if anyone is keen let me know.

  9. #188
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had a few cancellations and have a free tee time at Ladybank on Friday @ 4:45 can move to later if required as plenty spaces after 5:15 £20 sign on if anyone is keen let me know.
    Bugger. Iím down at the Hirsel or would have taken you up on that FH.

  10. #189
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bugger. Iím down at the Hirsel or would have taken you up on that FH.
    Just drop me a message anytime you fancy a game up there

  11. #190
    Administrator BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    54
    Posts
    12,662
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    I'll definitely take you up on a game Fife. Unfortunately I'm busy this Friday.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  12. #191
    @hibs.net private member DiscoDoidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,312
    Down in Peebles over the next few weeks. Iíve played Peebles itself and quite enjoyed it.

    Is cardrona worth the £20 fee? Looks like a monster if you arenít a big hitter

  13. #192
    Administrator BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    54
    Posts
    12,662
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    It's definitely worth 20 quid. I've always enjoyed it
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  14. #193
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    54,740
    Played for the seniors on Thursday, we were 4 down with 5 to play and won at St Annes Old Links, the other pair were shell shocked.

    So were we.

  15. #194
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    25,200
    I played an open at Balmore north of the weedge today in a fair old wind. Tricky wee par 66 course with sone difficult par 3s. Unbelievably the best scratch score with a handful of scores still to go in is 72. 6 over par!!! I don’t think in all my years of playing I’ve seen that. I shouldn’t have been so hard on myself.

    edit. 72 was indeed best scratch. There was only one player who actually broke par net. PCC up 2.
    Last edited by greenlex; 06-06-2022 at 06:57 PM.

  16. #195
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    25,200
    Just back from a first visit to Dunfermline golf club. Decent track. Wouldnít mind another go without the hurricane and occasional monsoon.

  17. #196
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Down in Peebles over the next few weeks. Iíve played Peebles itself and quite enjoyed it.

    Is cardrona worth the £20 fee? Looks like a monster if you arenít a big hitter
    What was it like? Played it when we first came out of lockdown and they'd let it go a bit. Certainly was not what it used to be.
    Try Innerleithen along the road. Only 9 but a tricky test.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkrHbVe87Nk

  18. #197
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just back from a first visit to Dunfermline golf club. Decent track. Wouldnít mind another go without the hurricane and occasional monsoon.
    Just looked at the result. Only 9 players broke 80. Thatís surely unheard of for a scratch to 9 handicap open.

  19. #198
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    14,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was it like? Played it when we first came out of lockdown and they'd let it go a bit. Certainly was not what it used to be.
    Try Innerleithen along the road. Only 9 but a tricky test.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkrHbVe87Nk
    Cardrona is a must to avoid and has been for a while.

    The course has suffered from a lack of investment and has never recovered from the covid period when it was closed completely.

    I feel genuinely sorry for the greenkeeping staff who face a continual struggle with limited resources.

  20. #199
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    54,740
    Been very average recently, gone back up to 9.7 but not playing anywhere near it for ages, more of a 12-14.

    Hit a gross 74 today, 2 over par at Herons Reach Blackpool, my best round ever.

  21. #200
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    54,740
    And a 75 today.

  22. #201
    @hibs.net private member DiscoDoidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,312
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And a 75 today.
    Impressive! What would you say is the part of your game that lets you down when itís not going well?

    For me itís my tee shots. Been striking my irons and wedges so pure but when I have a made day with the driver itís carnage.

  23. #202
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    54,740
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Impressive! What would you say is the part of your game that lets you down when itís not going well?

    For me itís my tee shots. Been striking my irons and wedges so pure but when I have a made day with the driver itís carnage.
    My driving is good, i'm normally on or just off the fairway, 230-240 yards. Putting is good too, very rarely 3 put these days, where i am in and out is my 5, 6 and 7 irons.

    The last couple of rounds they have been excellant, but before that i was average to poor at times, missing greens to the right way too much.

    The last couple of rounds i've been on the green, and two putting at worst gets the score down.

    As we all know, it could all go pear shaped next time i'm out, especially as my handicap will drop tomorrow.

    Playing Wednesday again and Thursday for the team, hopefully this form continues for a little more.

  24. #203
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    54,740
    32 points today off my new handicap of 8.7, back to hitting irons right and badly too on occasions.

    This game frustrates the hell out of me.

  25. #204
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,376
    I played Crieff last Friday, first game for a while, and it was lovely.

    There was a competition due there on the Saturday so it felt like it was in peak condition for that.

    Played the whole round with the same ball so I don't know if that suggests it was a bit more forgiving but having played the first few holes with a wind behind then turning round to face into the wind on a 500 odd yard par five, it didn't feel overly easy.

    Great day out though, and the young lads working in the clubhouse/ kitchen were absolutely top notch with us.

  26. #205
    Testimonial Due Hibby Bairn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I played Crieff last Friday, first game for a while, and it was lovely.

    There was a competition due there on the Saturday so it felt like it was in peak condition for that.

    Played the whole round with the same ball so I don't know if that suggests it was a bit more forgiving but having played the first few holes with a wind behind then turning round to face into the wind on a 500 odd yard par five, it didn't feel overly easy.

    Great day out though, and the young lads working in the clubhouse/ kitchen were absolutely top notch with us.
    Crieff is a nice course and great clubhouse. Some very long holes. Auchterarder nearby is a favourite of mine. Always in fantastic condition.

  27. #206
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    25,200
    Iím playing Muirfield tomorrow. Pray for me.

  28. #207
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    575
    New putter required 🤬🤬🤬

  29. #208
    Hello 👋 very keen golfer, 12.3 and member at Duddy, thatís probably too low tbh. Love this time of year, have played the last 4 days with Jubilee yesterday in a testy wee wind so 88 not deadly , a couple over what it should be and thatís with an 8. SA looking good, stands up, OC closed obviously and from tomorrow New and Jubilee being played as a composite. My pal is a New Club member and very kindly uses his points on me.
    Ambition is to play every course in Scotland, Iíve not counted but I think Iím into 3 figures, favourite courses are Dunbar, Elie, castle Stuartís and Harris. Cheers!

  30. #209
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hello 👋 very keen golfer, 12.3 and member at Duddy, thatís probably too low tbh. Love this time of year, have played the last 4 days with Jubilee yesterday in a testy wee wind so 88 not deadly , a couple over what it should be and thatís with an 8. SA looking good, stands up, OC closed obviously and from tomorrow New and Jubilee being played as a composite. My pal is a New Club member and very kindly uses his points on me.
    Ambition is to play every course in Scotland, Iíve not counted but I think Iím into 3 figures, favourite courses are Dunbar, Elie, castle Stuartís and Harris. Cheers!
    There is around 550 courses in Scotland so good luck with that

  31. #210
    First Team Regular I'm Spartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    South Queensferry
    Posts
    685
    Anyone looking for Scottish Open tickets? My mate is selling 2 for Thursday (£40 the pair) and 2 for Saturday (£60 the pair), decent saving if you have plans to go down.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)