hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd try GolfClubs4Cash at Loanhead.

I know they provide an excellent regripping service and have enough qualified staff on site to advise you on the shaft options that will suit you best.
    They made a bit of a mess of mine when I got my clubs regripped last year but I went back and got them fixed for free

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thanks for the replies I’ve actually put them into the place at the Braids had a few decent recommendations for them.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    After my lesson last Monday I had my best score of the season yesterday. Funny old game.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    After my lesson last Monday I had my best score of the season yesterday. Funny old game.
    Well done! Every day is a learning day on the gowf course. I've been playing fairly well for 5 weeks now then today at Dunbar I was absolutely crap and that's an understatement.

Funny old game !

Well done! Every day is a learning day on the gowf course. I've been playing fairly well for 5 weeks now then today at Dunbar I was absolutely crap and that's an understatement.

Funny old game !
    It very much depends what Lex turns up on the day. One things for sure if it’s not there within the first 6 holes it rarely makes an appearance.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    First time tomorrow since Dunbar in April - playing at Lanark with a society my dad's a member of (going as a guest).

Never played it before (despite having lived here for 6 years now). Always heard great things about the course and not-so-great things about the membership. Be interesting to see just how bad I am
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

So following my previous post. I went and got lessons. The guy is level 3 pga pro and he's superb.

I had my third lesson today. In just 3 lessons he's changed everything I was doing, to be fair he did say I wasn't that bad, I just needed corrected having never had a lesson. I'm now hitting the ball properly. I've not got much distance yet but its been 3 weeks since I started and it's like relearning.

I came home today after and I feel like I've unlocked the answers. I've still got miles to go but I feel like I'm in a position to build on and become a decent golfer.

Got 2 more lessons and then I think I'll book more because it's superb.

If someone could teach me how to Putt I'd be laughing.

Practice practice practice for the last 3 weeks and the improvement is massive. I'm going out this weekend so I'll report back with my new pro looking swing results.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post

If someone could teach me how to Putt I'd be laughing

If you do learn the secret then please share it with me, I've been looking for 60 years !

Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    If you do learn the secret then please share it with me, I've been looking for 60 years !
    I was afraid this would be the consensus.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    I was afraid this would be the consensus.

Last Wednesday playing a doubles tie, I putted fantastic, didn't miss anything within 8 feet. Saturday in a mixed Open, same course, same greens, similar weather, below average with the putting. Finished 3rd, if I had putted like Wednesday, we would have won!

Whatever standard anyone plays to, the most overused phrase in this frustrating, wonderful game is --- "if only ......:.

So following my previous post. I went and got lessons. The guy is level 3 pga pro and he's superb.

I had my third lesson today. In just 3 lessons he's changed everything I was doing, to be fair he did say I wasn't that bad, I just needed corrected having never had a lesson. I'm now hitting the ball properly. I've not got much distance yet but its been 3 weeks since I started and it's like relearning.

I came home today after and I feel like I've unlocked the answers. I've still got miles to go but I feel like I'm in a position to build on and become a decent golfer.

Practice practice practice for the last 3 weeks and the improvement is massive. I'm going out this weekend so I'll report back with my new pro looking swing results.

So I played twice today, 18 in the morning at 18 in the afternoon. Different courses which I'd never played before. Played with a different playing partner than usual who plays off 13 and it helped as did my new learned controlled swing.

I shot 98 in the second round...not a big deal to many but I'm buzzing. I've broken 100! Now I have to follow it up with more of the same to prove its not a fluke.

So far lessons have been superb value. Got to keep practicing. I've set myself little goals and I'm slowly ticking them off.

I wish I'd found this game (as a player) when I was much younger.

So I played twice today, 18 in the morning at 18 in the afternoon. Different courses which I'd never played before. Played with a different playing partner than usual who plays off 13 and it helped as did my new learned controlled swing.

I shot 98 in the second round...not a big deal to many but I'm buzzing. I've broken 100! Now I have to follow it up with more of the same to prove its not a fluke.

So far lessons have been superb value. Got to keep practicing. I've set myself little goals and I'm slowly ticking them off.

You're well and truly hooked my friend. Thats what the disease called Golf does to you.

Welcome to hell . 😄👍

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

I play off 8.2, and i would love to have a few lessons with my irons, but i'm worried that it will cock my game up.

I dont know if i could get much better than i currently play, sometimes coming in way under my handicap, and again a few over it.

At 62 i'm doing ok with what i have as a game, i just wonder if changing things would cause me more trouble than it's worth?

It's a bloody frustrating game at the best of times.

Two weeks after the lesson and I’ve just shot one over par for my best ever score round my home course of over 30 odd years. Cheesing.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    54 years it took me but finally finally finally into single figures.

Yes I know 9.8 is probably still 10 but I'm claiming it
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Two weeks after the lesson and I’ve just shot one over par for my best ever score round my home course of over 30 odd years. Cheesing.
    Good shooting, especially given the condition it's in (despite the dry weather, it's a fabulous track just now!).

I had a game of 2 halves at Lanark through the week - first 9 (well, 8) was attrocious - couldn't get a swing or rythym going at all - was flying at everything. By the time I managed to control myself and slow down, I played some imperious stuff from the 8th onward, coming back in -1 par golf! I putted like God.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Good shooting, especially given the condition it's in (despite the dry weather, it's a fabulous track just now!).

I had a game of 2 halves at Lanark through the week - first 9 (well, 8) was attrocious - couldn't get a swing or rythym going at all - was flying at everything. By the time I managed to control myself and slow down, I played some imperious stuff from the 8th onward, coming back in -1 par golf! I putted like God.
    Marvellous. What a game we play.

I'm off 12 just now and playing quite well. Most of my golf is being played on the south coast as I'm down there with work which I'm finding a lot easier with the amount of roll you get. My home course is the carrick on Loch lomond and yesterdays stableford sums up amateur golf. 8 pars, 2 bogeys and 8 blobs 😂🤣

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

Who did you end up going to for lessons?

And your handicap was and is now?

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post

Great effort.

The new WHS handicapping system is resulting in many more variances in our handicaps that ever before.

Earlier in the in the season I went up point6, point4, point6 then point 2 in four consecutive rounds - a whopping 1.8 in no time at all.

Since then, I've been gradually chipping away at it and have come down from a high of 6.1 to my present 4.2. I'm sure the ba' will burst very soon though.

The new WHS handicapping system is resulting in many more variances in our handicaps that ever before.

Earlier in the in the season I went up point6, point4, point6 then point 2 in four consecutive rounds - a whopping 1.8 in no time at all.

Since then, I've been gradually chipping away at it and have come down from a high of 6.1 to my present 4.2. I'm sure the ba' will burst very soon though.

Started the season at 6.3 going to a high of 9.3 but at 7.9 right now. To be fair I’ve played a lot of golf currently at 63 counting rounds since March. You can go up fairly quickly but down just as fast.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Started the season at 6.3 going to a high of 9.3 but at 7.9 right now. To be fair I’ve played a lot of golf currently at 63 counting rounds since March. You can go up fairly quickly but down just as fast.
    I started on 10.0 really struggled when the season started and got as high as 13.4 in May. Now 9.8 but hope to get a bit lower at least
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

63 counting rounds - since March!!! Ye're a busy laddie!

63 counting rounds - since March!!! Ye're a busy laddie!

Only 5 of them have been bounce general plays. Cost me a fortune. I’m not done yet. Next up is Glenbervie on Sunday. First time visit and looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Who did you end up going to for lessons?
    Its a PGA level 3 who's affiliated to a local course. Based in Manchester area.

Blog Entries
    I think I’m fortunate to be able to post this tonight. Playing a medal round, I was about to play from the light rough when a player, coming in the opposite direction about 120 yds. away, and in full view of each other, played a shot which clipped my ear and thumped the ground about twenty yards behind me. I nearly sh*t myself. Approaching him, I sarcastically, suggested that a warning call might have been useful, to which he replied, swiftly passing me, ‘aye, sorry.’ Ar**hole!!!!

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Its a PGA level 3 who's affiliated to a local course. Based in Manchester area.

Ah cool, I had you confused with someone who was looking for coaching in the Edinburgh area. Glad you’re seeing results 👍