Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
I just received this reply, i was the first name, although it makes no odds if the opponent is not in the country.

And only yesterday i found out the same people involved allowed an extention to the ladies comp this season.

Gary,

Good evening,

Thank you for your patience, I have been around other hotels in the region this week and needed to speak to the team at Blackpool as to the reasons for what has happened.

I believe that this captain has also been involved in the decision that has been made.

We do unfortunately have to set deadlines for the games that were published back in April/May of when each round/game had to be played.

I can only sincerely apologise that on this occasion it has meant that the game hasn't been played in time, can I check if a conversation took place between the two of you if you could agree that one or the other proceeded to the next round under the circumstances?

We do try and organise as many social competitions as possible but do leave this where we can in the hands of the membership to organise the matches themselves.

I will ensure that Richard does speak to the team to ensure that communication is clearer as it is disappointing to read that you were not informed of the consequences of the game not being played before the end of August.

The last thing we want is a disappointed member. I would therefore as a gesture of goodwill invite you to a complimentary table of four for food at the hotel so that we can look to restore your faith in Village Blackpool.

Regards

Stuart Davies

A whitewash job! Personally I think it's better if both players are held jointly responsible for arranging ties as it reduces the risk of the the game not being played.

However , as you rightly say, it would make no difference in this instance as your opponent was on holiday.

Imo he should have done the right thing and awarded the tie to you.