hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 121 to 139 of 139
  1. #121
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    74
    Posts
    19,820
    Blog Entries
    1
    After struggling for some time this season I had a decent week. On Tuesday at Peebles GC I got 2nd place, 40 points in the Senior Trophy and on Saturday I won the monthly Medal with a 64, off 17. Life in the old dog yet.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    @hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,266
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Played Callander yesterday. Short course but some interesting holes and found the greens tough. Course wasn't in the best nick to be honest. Clubhouse was closed too. Would play it again though.
    I'm a country member. Played a couple of weeks back and thought it was decent enough for the price. If I had one complaint it would be that there wasn't much sand in the bunkers.

    Graden work on the greens next week. And clubhouse seemingly being built in the winter.

  4. #123
    Administrator BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    54
    Posts
    12,424
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm a country member. Played a couple of weeks back and thought it was decent enough for the price. If I had one complaint it would be that there wasn't much sand in the bunkers.

    Graden work on the greens next week. And clubhouse seemingly being built in the winter.
    Yeah I'd agree about the bunkers. As a Turnhouse member I got a deal on my green fee so was great value. Like I say I enjoyed the course.

    Whats the story with the Clubhouse? Is the existing building there unusable?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  5. #124
    @hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,266
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I'd agree about the bunkers. As a Turnhouse member I got a deal on my green fee so was great value. Like I say I enjoyed the course.

    Whats the story with the Clubhouse? Is the existing building there unusable?
    It has been sold, for a residential/holiday home.

  6. #125
    First round back after (golfing) wrist injury last night. Enjoyed it and actually scored a bit better than I had been despite not feeling like playing any better! However unfortunately my wrist still isnít healed after what must be close to 6 weeks now.. thinking I must have properly damaged a very small part and itís going to take a fair bit of time to get back to 100%.

    Maybe a good excuse to remain a fair weather golfer and take the winter off!

  7. #126
    @hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Age
    73
    Posts
    1,650
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First round back after (golfing) wrist injury last night. Enjoyed it and actually scored a bit better than I had been despite not feeling like playing any better! However unfortunately my wrist still isnít healed after what must be close to 6 weeks now.. thinking I must have properly damaged a very small part and itís going to take a fair bit of time to get back to 100%.

    Maybe a good excuse to remain a fair weather golfer and take the winter off!
    I had a similar problem a few years ago, took a few months before fully back to normal. When I started back I wore a wrist support which affected the backswing but at least allowed me to play.

    Don't overdo it but maybe keep going with the occasional game

  8. #127
    Administrator BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    54
    Posts
    12,424
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Had my best ever round at Turnhouse yesterday. Scratch 75 for 41 points in our Stableford. Not enough to win but after 54 years I'm actually getting close to a single figure handicap for the first time ever!

  9. #128
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    24,156
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had my best ever round at Turnhouse yesterday. Scratch 75 for 41 points in our Stableford. Not enough to win but after 54 years I'm actually getting close to a single figure handicap for the first time ever!
    👏👏👏👏

  10. #129
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    14,368
    Does anyone out there know of a Pro who specialises in putting?

    Or maybe even a good shrink?!


  11. #130
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    24,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone out there know of a Pro who specialises in putting?

    Or maybe even a good shrink?!

    Good luck. 😳

  12. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had a similar problem a few years ago, took a few months before fully back to normal. When I started back I wore a wrist support which affected the backswing but at least allowed me to play.

    Don't overdo it but maybe keep going with the occasional game
    Cheers

    It's been quite sore for around a week since the game but is now back to feeling not bad at all. I was (perhaps naively) hoping I may have helped build it back up with playing last week

    It was really only teeing off that was causing the bother, and pain pretty much subsided by the time I got to my next shot. As you say, try and take it easy.. probably won't get much golf in over the next few months anyway. I just wore a stretch bandage round it for a bit of extra support which doesn't affect my swing.. but probably doesn't do much help either!

    I did finish with a birdie for the second round in a row, so if that's the last hole for a while at least I can feel okay about my game for a bit

  13. #132
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    53,745
    Played in only my 2nd blue tee comp on Wednesday, have suffered with form after a bad back for weeks and gone from 7.1 to 10.9.

    Started off steady enough, but my back 9 was superb.

    Won by 4 shots with 39 points.
    Screenshot 2021-09-25 at 12.15.56.jpg

  14. #133
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    24,156
    Well?
    October this weekend. Season will be over for me after a visit to Panmure this coming Sunday. Weather looks challenging to say the least so I reckon it wonít be on my yellow list. How has everyone done versus expectations? Iíve pleasantly surprised myself at my age. If my putter had been remotely warm it would have been even better. Handicap index was at 12 at one point and should finish at 6.4 ish. Delighted with that considering the amount of golf Iíve played particularly away from home.

  15. #134
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    53,745
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well?
    October this weekend. Season will be over for me after a visit to Panmure this coming Sunday. Weather looks challenging to say the least so I reckon it wonít be on my yellow list. How has everyone done versus expectations? Iíve pleasantly surprised myself at my age. If my putter had been remotely warm it would have been even better. Handicap index was at 12 at one point and should finish at 6.4 ish. Delighted with that considering the amount of golf Iíve played particularly away from home.
    I normally play all through the winter, never been a fair weather golfer. Had a good start and end to the season, won a few comps early doors and one big one at the end.

    In the middle though i hurt my back hoovering the bloody car 3 months ago, and battled through but never did myself any favours because i amended my swing to compensate.

    Round after round of 23 points or 25 points took my handicap from a decent 7.1 up to 10.9.

    As my back improved so did my scores, although i have been playing to around 11 for a few weeks now, except from a 40 points off the yellows and a 39 off the blue tee's.

    I feel i will be back down to around 7-8 soon, as i know i have better rounds in me, but again fate has struck and i fell over Saturday night and damaged my ribs while taking my jeans off, i might have been a bit pished, and landed on the corner of my bed.

    I think i wont be able to play for a week or two, but after that i'm sure i will be back to a good standard again.

    Oh yes, and i got my first hole in one this season.

  16. #135
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    24,156
    Just found out I won my clubs merit cup by 4 shots. Best 8 net scores over the season. Thirty odd years and only my second gong. Cheesing.

  17. #136
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    53,745
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just found out I won my clubs merit cup by 4 shots. Best 8 net scores over the season. Thirty odd years and only my second gong. Cheesing.
    Well done.

  18. #137
    Administrator BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    54
    Posts
    12,424
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just found out I won my clubs merit cup by 4 shots. Best 8 net scores over the season. Thirty odd years and only my second gong. Cheesing.
    Well done Eck!

    Looks like I won't quite get to single figures this year. Finishing the season on 10.2

    Not too bad considering I started around 14.3
    Last edited by BroxburnHibee; 06-10-2021 at 05:34 PM.

  19. #138
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    24,156
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well done Eck!

    Looks like I won't quite get to single figures this year. Finishing the season on 10.2

    Not too bad considering I started around 14.3
    Just got to keep at it. You will get there. As you know Iím not really a spring chicken anymore.🤨🤨😁 plenty time.
    Last edited by greenlex; 06-10-2021 at 07:56 PM.

  20. #139
    @hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Age
    73
    Posts
    1,650
    Playing North Berwick West and Craigielaw next week and the Renaissance at the end of the month as a reward for marshalling at the Scottish Open.

    Looking at the Greens back then I reckon if I can get round Renaissance in 40 putts I would be delighted. Anyone played there and any advice?

    Will be playing through the winter, hopeful of getting back down closer to single figures again, you've got to have hope. Beat my age once this season, will soon have another stroke in hand to do it again, but on the other hand my body will be a year older ☹

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)