hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member IWasThere2016's Avatar

New Golf Season - High Hopes?

First round in 4 months yesterday as Englandshire finally got its act together.

Pleased to report a net 69 / 39 points and a win for me in the first Wednesday Sweepie Top golfer in a field of over 100

Body broken with Deep Heat, Deep Freeze and co-codamol needed this morning!

Aim for the season is to return to single figures - and feeling confident I can do it!

All the best for the new season gowfers!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Weve just had it announced that we can start playing again from the 26th April (ROI). I went up from 11 to 13 last year (I only started playing again after a 15 year break so 11 was too low). My hope (if we get comps going again) is that I get down to 10. Certainly gonna play as much as I can to give it a go, gotta get my moneys worth for the membership some how!).

On a plus the. course looks in great condition http://www.strandhillgolfclub.com/

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Can't yet play at my home course as too far away, so have been limited to Edinburgh Council courses and Musselburgh Old under the 5 mile rule. Hopefully that will change by the end of the month.

Played Musselburgh this morning, 21 points for 9 holes including twice 3-putting and missing a 4 footer. Very happy at how i hit the ball, but another season of "if only" looks like looming!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    If I donít finish the season with a handicap of about 15 Iíll be astonished.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    I'm new to it, but current form is shocking. Hit my best score about a month ago and have been hopeless since.